What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannapalooza: Pot Convention To Tap Into Growing Industry

johnnyla

Veteran
lol. ignore feature is great. bluedot is a negative nancy. 1640 posts of misery. i took off one cuz he actually posted something positive last night but i forgot what thread it was in.

hey blue cop will my CA state MMP card be legit in Vegas? just wondering. i figure i would ask the expert.

solarz

Ok, my reply to both hydro sun and blue dot is this...i'm speaking clearly from a legal standpoint...and full faith and credit is a civil procedure "thing", so the statement you made about contracts, marriages, etc...is all correct, b/c they impede on civil laws...not criminal. Reciprocity, is when you can practice in another state w/o actually passing that states bar exam.

Now i'm not saying that one state won't recognize another states scripts...b/c i have no clue, and honestly it up to each individual state (remember separation of state and church, blah, blah, blah). Your actual info may be dead on...i was just commenting on the fact that it is NOT full faith and credit that would allow scripts to be recognized by other states.

Solarz

solarz

Also there is a thing called the SUPREMACY CLAUSE that says that the states, even though they can make up their own rules, have to abide by those imposed by the federal government. So federally possession, cultivation, etc of weed is illegal, so state courts have to follows those rules, regardless.

solarz

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Well actually I think the supremacy clause means the federal law prevails, that does not mean that Santa Cruz PD or Las Vegas Metro need to run around and enforce federal law, that's the whole federalism separation of powers thing ;)

Peace, :joint:

solarz

Really? So you are saying that the states do not follow this logic and apply it to other areas of life in what is know as reciprocity? What I explained to BlueDot is that NV has a policy of recognizing valid prescriptions of tourists. Could you imagine making every visitor from around the world visit a NV doctor to validate their prescription medicines? This is not what happens. Possessing MJ in NV is only a crime if you don't have a prescription same thing goes for BlueDot's CA or NV Oxi script. It is legal with a script from either state and illegal without it.

I understand what you are trying to say here, but we have to keep in mind that even though MJ has medicinal qualities (just like any other prescription drug) the general public just doesn't beleive this. So when you are in a non med state, more than likely...they will be all good with your scripts for vicodine, oxi, and xanax from your home state...but the second you pull out that fat ass sack of Sour D "for medicinal use" you probably wont get that same treatment/understanding.

solarz

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
You are correct my friend, but thankfully NV is very welcoming! There is some great hypocrisy with Texas loving Rush Limbaugh and all the Oxi he can snort but arresting LilWayne for weed.

solarz

Well actually I think the supremacy clause means the federal law prevails, that does not mean that Santa Cruz PD or Las Vegas Metro need to run around and enforce federal law, that's the whole federalism separation of powers thing ;)

Agreed...but we BOTH know that LVM, or any other non med state's PD won't see it that way, because they see it as enforcing their state's laws. I'm pretty sure that if you were busted in my state with an acceptable amount and your script....you'd still get thrown in the pokey, and they'll just let you sort all the particulars out later, because to them....you broke our states laws. Just my opinion, i wasn't trying to show you up or anything bro...b/c i honestly feel and see it the same way that you do, its just that dame realistic/logic side that i can't shake loose...lmao.

solarz

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
NV is a med state, and every one with money is welcome. I have read WA law and they specifically tell other states to F off on this issue which is really weird and backward, but NV passed a medical bill in 2001 and has been CHILL AS FUCK with everyone under the sun since. NV also has requirements for the police to honor your rights protect anything they want to touch etc. NV is not a state filled with haters it is a very libritarian live and let live state, weed is a gift for us all.

I love the drunk and stone debate and no worries here friend, I just want people to know that places like CO, CA, NV, AK let you live and be (maybe HI too but haven't been there in a while).

solarz

Oh, see i didn't know that NV was a med state. But i still get what you mean...and HI is live and let live, as long as you are respectful how you are doing it. I mean, you can't walk down Kuhio blowing a spliff...but they don't give you shit for sitting on the beach getting blazed, etc. I've been to HI about 6 times this past year alone (had a lady friend working over there and got free flights/hotels...) and i've smoked all over the place in HI. But the weirdest/cool part, is that the beach patrol guy up at North Shore stopped and blew one with us after his shit was over...pretty chill if you ask me.

solarz

B

Blue Dot

NV is a med state, and every one with money is welcome. I have read WA law and they specifically tell other states to F off on this issue which is really weird and backward, but NV passed a medical bill in 2001 and has been CHILL AS FUCK with everyone under the sun since. NV also has requirements for the police to honor your rights protect anything they want to touch etc. NV is not a state filled with haters it is a very libritarian live and let live state, weed is a gift for us all.

I love the drunk and stone debate and no worries here friend, I just want people to know that places like CO, CA, NV, AK let you live and be (maybe HI too but haven't been there in a while).

I wanna see written proof of NV's reciprosity with cali, not just your fantasy opinion.

To say NV is chill as fuck, lol, you do realize more people have been busted there over the last 30 years for minor shit and received harsh penalties don't you?

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I wanna see written proof of NV's reciprosity with cali, not just your fantasy opinion.

To say NV is chill as fuck, lol, you do realize more people have been busted there over the last 30 years for minor shit and received harsh penalties don't you?

I want to see written proof that it doesn't--
You are just grasping at straws...trying to make a point that isn't there--

B

Blue Dot

Are you the biggest douche bag in the universe. Didn't I just cut and past the NRS in a font size big enough to be your girlfriend? Look back a few posts to #21. My god do you get paid to be this dumb?

What would ever give you the idea that a law designed for PRESCRIPTION medicine would apply to a drug that is RECCOMENED?

The DEA controls prescription medicine in the US, they don't control reccomendations that's why that silly law you posted doesn't work for MMJ.

B

Blue Dot

I want to see written proof that it doesn't--
You are just grasping at straws...trying to make a point that isn't there--

Because in Law it must be explicitly written (authorized) or it doesn't exist. There is NO assumption allowed under law.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Qustioning wehter NV has reciprosity with cali is cause for banning?

Ever considered I might actually be trying to save someone here some legal headache as they head out to vegas with their bag full of cali meds?

It's like mom used to say Blue Dot. It's not what ya say it's how ya say it.

Skip

Veteran
Look peeps, Blue Dot is entitled to his opinions and free speech. And yes I don't see him insulting ppl (except maybe ppl's intelligence). I haven't read all his posts, but from what I've seen he may be playing the devil's advocate & trying to splash cold water on ppl now and then, but as in this thread it seems he's just trying to establish the facts.

If you see a forum violation, then report it, otherwise please lay off the insults as those are forum violations...

You may not like what Blue Dot says, but he has a right to say it, just as you do.

johnnyla

Veteran
Are you the biggest douche bag in the universe. Didn't I just cut and past the NRS in a font size big enough to be your girlfriend? Look back a few posts to #21. My god do you get paid to be this dumb?

yes by us taxpayers. can't wait till there isn't enough in the budget for dumb cop propagandists.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I just got a response from the people that are producing this event.

Here's the cost data:

10'-0" x 10'-0" booth rents for $2,000. Multiple booths are available with a 10% discount on additional booth rentals.

Each booth comes with a draped table and two chairs (this is pretty standard though most trade shows provide a banner for all exhibitors).

If you want electricity in your booth the cost is:

$89 for a 120-volt, 5 amp service (won't the grow light guys be jazzed).

$152 for a 120-volt, 10 amp service.

208 single-phase and three-phase power will be available - extra dollars apply.

There is a contractor to move in all equipment and what not on your behalf. These charges are separate and in addition to the booth rental costs but the schedule of charges will only be provided AFTER you rent your booth.

If you want more information go to http://www.cannapalooza.com/

See you there...

Skip

Veteran
Just remember Vegas is a UNION town, so moving your stuff into the convention hall is gonna cost big time, and they won't let you do it yourself!

Latest posts

Latest posts