What's new

Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps!

O

otherwhitemeat

MedTokeRx said:
awsome!! howd you grow the shrooms?

shroomery dot org my friend...all you need to know. The site rocks. A few days of reading out there and I was all set.

T

tyler

hey how long can i keep my cannabutter-chocolate mixed "cookies" in the fridge till their no good?

basilfarmer

well, I would assume the other natural cookie ingredients would go bad first

I personally would'nt keep cookies in the fridge since every time they are exposed to outside air more water condenses on them.

O

otherwhitemeat

For all out there who would be using the 't-shirt- method rather than cheesecloth some friendly advice: be sure you wash the t shirt in pure water first, even a good rinse will do.

If you have a tendency to use too much detergent or have hard water, you will get some soap bubbles in your budder and that's icky. A friend of mine did this last week and had soap bubbles. I made some budder yesterday, but put the t shirt through a water only cycle and there were quite a few bubbles in the washer.

Also, I dropped everything into the t shit making a 'bag' of sorts. I used silicone oven mitts to give the t shirt a good wringing out and was amazed at how much more liquid butter and stuff came out. Quite satisfied with the results!

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
tyler said:
hey how long can i keep my cannabutter-chocolate mixed "cookies" in the fridge till their no good?
the ones you cant eat freeze. They make ziploc packs$3 that basically vacuum seal stuff. So it cant be that bad.

GrassRoots

Wow, this made it as a sticky, nice! Just wanted to report back that I made cookies for my second time with this method and again it worked great. Stronger than the first time for sure, I'm guessing I just had more resinous trim.

I used 2 oz of freshly dried trimmings to 3 sticks of butter. Shredded up by a coffee grinder.
Cooked it a large pot with about 1-2 inches of water on the bottom.
Let it go at a light boil for about 2.5 hours, stirring every 5-10 minutes.
Strained it out in cheesecloth, used rubber kitchen gloves so I could really give it a good squeeze and get all that oily goodness out of the leaf material.
Let stand overnight.
Had a little over 2 sticks of butter (by weight) when all was said and done.
Used it to make about 50 chocolate chip cookies.

2 cookies sent me to the moon for the day. About 10 hours of a drunken-like stupor which I spent most of sleeping. Woke up for a couple hours at the end of the day and then went back to bed for another 8-10 hours for my normal night of sleep. What a waste of a day.

I'm still going to do it again with this batch, next time with a couple of friends but the rest I'm for sure giving away. It's cool to have people tell me how they were more f'd up than they've ever been in their lives off a couple of cookies.

Happy Cooking!

vindiesel

Veteran
i skimmed through this and see people adding bud, bud and trim, small amounts large amounts. whats a good ration of bud to butter? why put trim in anyway? i have only eaten things cooked with pot a few times but did just yesterday after years. cupcake with vanilla pot icing with crushed pretzels, caramel and chocolate. tasty and got me dumb high. took awhile to kick in hard. want to make my own cookies with butter.

GrassRoots

I can't answer a good ratio of bud to butter as I've never used bud but for trim I used about 20 grams of trim per stick of butter and the resulting cookies were pretty devastating when I ate two, I got about 50 cookies out of the entire batch so two cookies was about 2.4 grams of trim that I consumed.

You're asking why to put in trim. Why not? If I'm not making any oil or hash with it then I might as well extract the THC somehow, butter seems as good a choice as any.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
vindiesel said:
i skimmed through this and see people adding bud, bud and trim, small amounts large amounts. whats a good ration of bud to butter? why put trim in anyway? i have only eaten things cooked with pot a few times but did just yesterday after years. cupcake with vanilla pot icing with crushed pretzels, caramel and chocolate. tasty and got me dumb high. took awhile to kick in hard. want to make my own cookies with butter.

Most people that use trim wont smoke it, dont want to make keif, hash, or oil with it either. Or simply want to try something new.

I like to use bud. Also taste's better. Trim or leaf will pass on more chlorophyll which will just give it a more bitter general taste. It wont taste as much like the pot as only bud will.

1 quarter to a stick of butter, if its regular bud. Now if its top notch A++ bud then 1/8th to a stick of butter will do just fine.

what is the strain of the pot your going to use?? I can help you with the bud to butter ratio so you wont waste unneeded pot.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
GrassRoots said:
I can't answer a good ratio of bud to butter as I've never used bud but for trim I used about 20 grams of trim per stick of butter and the resulting cookies were pretty devastating when I ate two, I got about 50 cookies out of the entire batch so two cookies was about 2.4 grams of trim that I consumed.

You're asking why to put in trim. Why not? If I'm not making any oil or hash with it then I might as well extract the THC somehow, butter seems as good a choice as any.

haha funny that your reason was the same as my guess. I was typing my post with you GR answered him. :jump: :headbange :laughing:

vindiesel

Veteran
either nebula or sensi star. i was figuring on makin a dozen brownies and using about 5-7g of bud for butter.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
vindiesel said:
either nebula or sensi star. i was figuring on makin a dozen brownies and using about 5-7g of bud for butter.

go with the 1 stick butter to 7g of bud. thats about 1/2 g a brownie.

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
What is the brownish sediment that doesn't look like plant matter after everything is set-up and separated? Ate a Tbsp of butter this morning that I made last night but it didn't really set me off. May need more at once. But I used about 2.5 - 3 oz of really frosty trim and a 1/2oz of buds into 3 sticks of butter. Crockpotted it for most of the day. Done it like that before but that shit kicked my ass. Same strain too. Just got me wondering with that stuff in the bottom of the water looking like trichs. Couldn't really tell under the scope as my battery is getting weak.

Last edited:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Superbowl Butter and Brownies

Superbowl Butter and Brownies

just got done making me some butter and some brownies... took some pics as i worked in the kitchen for 4 hours... 3.5 hours i simmered 6 ounces of leaf trim and some buds in 10 sticks of butter and about 3/4cup of water (which boiled off)... used a window screen to filter the weed and the butta... in the brownie recipe i just substituted the butter for the veg oil. Ive made countless batches of brownies in my day... always a great time when my brownies are around...

i got a shit load of butter for future use, and some brownies for todays superbowl game! Its gonna be crazy in lil wayne's household tonight... tons of booze and brownies... mmm mmm mmm

http://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=1309

just go to that link to see the pics from my most recent experience..

peace, LW

G

greenhornets

this shit rocks , cant wait to try this out , thanks for the recipe

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just wanted to reply and tell everyone that my butter is the SHIT...

the key to potent butter is to let it simmer, with a slight boil for a long time... the longer the better, you just have to learn how to keep the butter from steaming too much...

the window screen worked great, and i believe my trim was good because it was frozen leafs and small buds that were put into the freezer immediately after being cut, so they weren't so brittle when they dried out, which meant little cruny leafy matter from entering the batch of butter..

i have a huge tub of this cannabutter left... after tonight, who knows when im up to eating it again... im ROCKED