What's new

Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps!

king_bong420

cannabutter cooking time

cannabutter cooking time

do you have to cook/simmer it for 3 hours...or can you just simmer it for about 20 30 mins...does the length of time you simmer it have to do with how potent it is???

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I used to do it for like 30 minutes and after simmerring it for more time I feal it really does, after about 2 hours I had that glossy looking stuff on the top and it turned out way better than any other batch I made.

Marcellas

Veteran
so fire crackers dont really ever work for me so me and my buddy want to pitch on some cannabutter to make brownies, cookies, or just buttered toast or whatever and get us and our friends fucked up!! were thinking of pitching probably 2.5-3.5grams each (5-7grams total) of at worst, some good sticky smelly outdoor nugs (the good kind that comes arround here in commercial ammount for good price, 200 a zip 700-750 a qp, ect) or good homegrown chronic (50 an eighth shit).. :joint:
... so will 5-7grams total be enough to make cannabutter?? and how much butter should we use in this recipe??

also, what is the best food to cook with cannabutter when considering best THC-absorbtion?? we were thinking cookies or brownies.. and what would be the average dose, about 1-3 cookies/brownies or whatever??

thanks in advance :rasta:

rusto

Beast
Marcellas said:
so fire crackers dont really ever work for me so me and my buddy want to pitch on some cannabutter to make brownies, cookies, or just buttered toast or whatever and get us and our friends fucked up!! were thinking of pitching probably 2.5-3.5grams each (5-7grams total) of at worst, some good sticky smelly outdoor nugs (the good kind that comes arround here in commercial ammount for good price, 200 a zip 700-750 a qp, ect) or good homegrown chronic (50 an eighth shit).. :joint:
... so will 5-7grams total be enough to make cannabutter?? and how much butter should we use in this recipe??

also, what is the best food to cook with cannabutter when considering best THC-absorbtion?? we were thinking cookies or brownies.. and what would be the average dose, about 1-3 cookies/brownies or whatever??

Take my response with a grain of salt since I am not an expert on this but I feel like sharing my insight.

How many sticks of butter are you using? If you are new to this I would consider using more because there is definitely areas where you can decrease potency etc because you don't exactly know what you're doing.
More i mean more bud/material and more butter.

I made some cannabutter the other night, I threw in 3 and a half sticks of butter to 10grams of ground bud, about 7 grams of frosty stems/shake and about 12 grams of trim.

I am going to be making some mint chip cookies with it because I cannot stand the cooked mj taste, it just makes me gag. Mint helps cover up the smell.

Also, I don't like to use brownies because they don't seem to store as long as other items like cookies.

Marcellas, if you are going to use bud, I would try using a little more to about 3-4 sticks of butter. You will lose some butter in the whole process, you will not end up with exactly what you put in.

All depends on how potent you want them to be. I personally use a little over an ounce to 2 sticks butter. If I use a half ounce and 1/2 my usual recipe then I use 1.5 sticks butter and cook it down a bit. I also always use water with them because what is the point in wasting all that nug by burning it? That is just my 2 cents though. If I were you I would use a half and go with a stick and a half.

Good luck,
SC

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
Marcellas said:
were thinking of pitching probably 2.5-3.5grams each (5-7grams total) of at worst, some good sticky smelly outdoor nugs (the good kind that comes arround here in commercial ammount for good price, 200 a zip 700-750 a qp, ect) or good homegrown chronic (50 an eighth shit).. :joint:

Well I think 7 g's of quality bud can make 1 pound of butter (thats 4 regular sticks). Lets put it this way if a joint the size of a pencil gets you messed up and you can stop smoking wiht half or more of the J left then the 7 g will make a p. If a j is want you need then 7'g will make about a half pound(2 sticks) butter.

What ever recipe you can find that takes more butter per serving will get you more toasted. See you make the butter then use it to bake the goods. Pay attention to the amount of treats you mix will make. Some times less is better.

B

bowlgrinder

yo say you made some cannabutter would cooking it again in brownies be a bad idea ?

it calls for 350 f temps but i hear u shouldnt go over 250 hence the boiling water method.

help please? asap

B

bowlgrinder

uh *looks around* you talking to me dude or that tree over there
lol

fuck this im calling bullshit

eating doesnt work at all its just a big fucking joke

Last edited:

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
bowlgrinder said:
yo say you made some cannabutter would cooking it again in brownies be a bad idea ?

it calls for 350 f temps but i hear u shouldnt go over 250 hence the boiling water method.

help please? asap

Or you could hahahah dare I say it try making rice crispy treats that dont require baking.

If your calling bullshit then I dont know what to say but.... :asskick: :cuss: :bashhead:

B

bowlgrinder

wow okay i understand now
its like a mellow chillness thats not as intense as smoking?

my freind ate .8 via water butter cornmuffin walked into a store smoking a cig and didnt even relise it but instead of freaking out and leaving he just threw it outside and said sorry and somehow didn't looked gorded.

that sound like the effects of eating to you guys?

rusto

Beast
glasspackedbowl said:
Well I think 7 g's of quality bud can make 1 pound of butter (thats 4 regular sticks). Lets put it this way if a joint the size of a pencil gets you messed up and you can stop smoking wiht half or more of the J left then the 7 g will make a p. If a j is want you need then 7'g will make about a half pound(2 sticks) butter.

What ever recipe you can find that takes more butter per serving will get you more toasted. See you make the butter then use it to bake the goods. Pay attention to the amount of treats you mix will make. Some times less is better.

this is true.. Has anyone added more butter than recommended and had any problems in the baking process?

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
bowlgrinder said:
wow okay i understand now
its like a mellow chillness thats not as intense as smoking?

my freind ate .8 via water butter cornmuffin walked into a store smoking a cig and didnt even relise it but instead of freaking out and leaving he just threw it outside and said sorry and somehow didn't looked gorded.

that sound like the effects of eating to you guys?
yep. Also note that I find that you have to eat 2X the amount you smoke per-sitting or you wont get a decent high. Its mellow. try making it with some high grade buds it will taste better.

O

otherwhitemeat

Whoa, been smoking for almost 20 years and never has enough cannabis to make budda with. I did last night and got higher than I've been in YEARS!

I had about 15 grams of popcorn buds, fuzzy trim, and assorted waste to which I added about 50g of FRESH (as in 2 minutes from chop) stretchy buds. The strain is an unknown bagseed sativa dom, probably a haze cross of sorts. Here are the stretchy buds at week 13. Already harvested over a QP from four plants before these shots were taken and I just had to make room in my flower cab. By my estimation, these would not have matured for at least another 3-4 weeks or more. I was going to do a massive BHO run but didn't want to wait for it to dry and don't want to buy a ton of butane for ounces of material.

Followed the instructions at the top of this thread and added that whole mess (fresh and dried) to 3.5 sticks of butter and about 2L of water. Cooked for about three hours on a low gas flame, just at bubbling but not boiling and then dumped the whole thing through two layers of old t-shirt, wringing it out well. After about 5 hours in the fridge, I poured out the waste water and then set the cannabudder in the freezer for about an hour to firm up. I cut the block into 3 equal pieces assuming I had lost that extra half stick in transfer and to the t-shirt. Each stick weights to about 4.5oz.

Here are two sticks that I have left. I made some Betty Crocker cookies that come in a bag, I went for whatever mix required the most amount of butter. This one called for a full stick, so I grabbed it and added 4.5oz budder.

The recipe made about 16 cookies I baked them at 325 for about 10 minutes. When they cooled, I ate 4 with some milk and my girl ate most of one. The taste was odd, almost like a mint chocolate cookie, not the best cookies I ever made, but very tasty and pretty much about 98% like the real thing. I had fasted for about 3 hours and hadn't smoked in 2 hours. By the time the first four hit me, I was euphoric and relaxed--just like when I take a valium. Eyelids very heavy and my eyes felt fatigued and swollen, I was not tired just really, really high. During the time I was ripped on these cookies, I had not one urge to smoke weed, nor did I have the munchies, but oddly...I craved more cookies. I went to the kitchen and downed 3 more and milk. My girl popped a valium--she said that the two combined made her very restful. Well, by the time those last 3 cookies hit me, I felt like I was on an opium trip....tired, but not sleepy, mind and heart racing...butvery relaxed, slurred speech, heavy eyes, very narcotic. Couldn't focus on the movie I was watching, but was laughing very hard at dumb jokes. I wasn't hallucinating per se, but when I closed my eyes I saw wonderful visions and colors. I had sex, but my mind was racing and I was thinking about way too much stuff, couldn't focus---so I probably sucked at it it. This morning when I woke up, my eyes and face felt very heavy, almost puffy. Like dehydrated, even though I wasn't...sorta still high...I was very stupid and kept dropping things.

I have 8 cookies left and two sticks of budda. I sealed them with the foodsaver and will eat them again when I have a whole weekend to kill.

How long will by budda and my cookies keep vacuum sealed in a freezer? I am hoping to bring these cookies with me on a camping trip in a few weeks and don't know if they'll degrade at all.

Thanks for a great thread guys, I haven't been this high in years. This is a great idea for someone like me that has a lot of plant mass that they need to quickly use. As I said, I went from root to cookies in less than a day...A fooking work of art.

Last edited:

thinman

there should be a warning label attached to cannabutter. hehehahaha!! we made some a few years back. long story cut short---ate some cannabutter, not much hapened, went to bed, fell asleep, woke up a couple hours later high as a kite!!! i mean couldn't walk straight, closed eye visuals (very similar to shrooms), slurred speech.....but kept burping up the most stinkin burps ever....

am going to make some more soon! :rasta:

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
in the freezer they should last months so I think your good enjoy them while camping :fsu: :muahaha:

One thing I hated is that couldnt stop eating the cookies.

Last edited:
O

otherwhitemeat

Yeah, going backpacking/camping with a few buds....my list, so far, includes.

-1/2 oz homegrown sense
-16 g homegrown shrooms
-8 'cookies', 12 'brownies.
-lots of valium
-1 L each of whiskey, vodka, and rum

Did I forget anything? (oh yeah, my tent) hahaha

Latest posts

Latest posts