What's new

CANNABIS DNA PROJECT

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Sam wanted a link to where GMO's would be used,etc. and I gave him that link.

I don't care what you have to say and we no there's no illusions there.

So why don't you go patent something else Chimera.

Sam asked for proof of GMO canabis in the form of a link, so you took it upon yourself to scour google for articles mentioning GMO-Cannabis, and fetched an article full of lies, written by a moron, with zero facts or basis in reality and you attempt to present that here as proof of the existence of GMO Cannabis?

Like I said Dorky, on par for your course. Keep reachin', wanker.

-Chimera

Last edited:

corky1968

Veteran
Sam asked for proof of GMO canabis in the form of a link, so you took it upon yourself to scour google for articles mentioning GMO-Cannabis, and fetched an article full of lies, written by a moron, and present that here as factual basis of the existence of GMO Cannabis?

Like I said Dorky, on par for your course. Keep reachin', wanker.

-Chimera

Dorky?

Chimpera the Terp Tard do you feel relieved now?

Chimera

Veteran
Dorky?

Chimpera the Terp Tard do feel relieved now?

do what feel relieved now?

Par for the course Dorky, you can't contribute to the thread, so you post distractions. Yawn. Let me know when you can post something relevant to the topic, until then wank on.

corky1968

Veteran
So what's up for the next Hash Church video. Got any updates?

Maybe you can talk about DNA stuff in that one or the next one.

Send me a link. I'll be sure to watch.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I have been messing around for the last 8 years on mutating cannabis, using all the most commonly used mutagenic chemicals and ionizing radiations except for cosmic rays to do some pretty interesting things. Ive been studying all the different methods and the safe application of those methods along with other required bits of information for about 15 years. Besides the liability, it's my laziness that has kept me from posting anything about it. I just don't have the energy it would take to teach the difference between GMO, Mutation and Classical Breeding to every other poster. I understand that people don't like GMO, I'm not a fan myself, but I found it interesting enough to study. At least enough to understand exactly what it is. I'm not sure many have. It seems they've read or heard about all or some of the negative effects and based their beliefs on that. Which is 100% OK with me. It's just too much work explaining that I'm not doing that . Same goes for polyploidy. How often would the difference between polyploids and trifoliates need to be explained!

Too bad as I've seen the unimaginable! I HAVE BEEN A GOD!!!! haha

Someday maybe. Although.... prob not as someone will likely kill themselves! Seriously!

Blame hyb!

corky1968

Veteran
I have been messing around for the last 8 years on mutating cannabis, using all the most commonly used mutagenic chemicals and ionizing radiations except for cosmic rays to do some pretty interesting things. Ive been studying all the different methods and the safe application of those methods along with other required bits of information for about 15 years. Besides the liability, it's my laziness that has kept me from posting anything about it. I just don't have the energy it would take to teach the difference between GMO, Mutation and Classical Breeding to every other poster. I understand that people don't like GMO, I'm not a fan myself, but I found it interesting enough to study. At least enough to understand exactly what it is. I'm not sure many have. It seems they've read or heard about all or some of the negative effects and based their beliefs on that. Which is 100% OK with me. It's just too much work explaining that I'm not doing that . Same goes for polyploidy. How often would the difference between polyploids and trifoliates need to be explained!

Too bad as I've seen the unimaginable! I HAVE BEEN A GOD!!!! haha

Someday maybe. Although.... prob not as someone will likely kill themselves! Seriously!

Blame hyb!

Do you have any pics of these plants you mutated?

Did you also make feminized and S1 seeds by any chance?

Could be cool seeing some new.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_engineering

According to wiki the European Commission has also defined genetic engineering broadly as including selective breeding and other means of artificial selection.

Is that the classical breeding that Hortapharm does?

By definition that makes it GMO

Then everything bred by man is GMO! Common people. Don't. Sam and I had a pretty good arch enemy thing starting to take shape! Now you got me arguing along side his first string genius elite!

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Corkyyyy!!! Is this some kind of trap Corky??? How about some sketches? lol

I took some pictures. Finding them, or rather finding the USB thing with those pictures, that's the question. I can check if there's anything here, but it might have to wait till I get back. This place got douched/cleansed of anything remotely cool ever since the old lady stopped allowing me to conduct any experiments in any of "her" houses. She doesn't care if I have fire extinguishers now or not! lol I CANT EVER DO NOTHING!!! Bitch(whisper) when I get back Ill look around.

As far as S1's or fems go, Not sure how you mean. Part of mutating involves selfing. I wouldn't ever feel good about releasing anything I've ever produced. It wouldn't be responsible. Too many unknowns I'm too old to learn how to investigate on my own. That's something else I realized thanks to hyb. It would have been so much easier had he just spoon fed me though! Honestly, the amount of things I've had to learn just to be able to get to where I am, It's been crazy! Electronics, high voltage, laboratory safety, the safe handling, storage and detection of radioactive materials etc. etc. I don't have any room in in my brain. When you don't have a curriculum (not sure if that's the word) you end up learning things just to find out the things you need to learn again and again. I'm a fucking 9th grade drop out God dammit! All I wanted was...... ITS FUCKING HYB's FAULT!!!

Chimera

Veteran
Not a trap dude. If you got pics that cool.

BTW: Does this qualify for Cannabis related GMO plants? I think it does.

I posted this in 2010.

Florida Biochemist designs a citrus tree with THC

Just more distraction and nonsense, the THC Citrus was a hoax and a little critical thinking or personal research would demonstrate that. It was shown to be a hoax before you posted the first thread in 2010. https://xenophilius.wordpress.com/2009/01/06/scientist-creates-pot-orange/. The THC tomato is also a hoax.

There is more than one gene in the biochemical pathway leading to cannabinoids, so you would need to insert a whole chain of genes under proper regulatory control in order to produce THC in other plants. Not only, cannabinoids are produced in specialized structures (glandular trichomes) which are not present in oranges.

This topic is about the Open Cannabis Project DNA project, you guys are just offering more distraction.

resin_lung I would be interested to hear more of your work but you should start a thread elsewhere to show it, this is not the topic of this thread so please respect the OP and allow the thread to continue on its path.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Yeah, that article clearly states synthetic strains from Hortipharm,
That's you and Rob,is it not? so can you clarify please Sam.

Is there any published info on this dna project? I mean actual usable data?

What's to bet some of those strains sent in (for dna testing)start get used in these
Frankenstein big pharma strains.

I only sent in DNA, it can't be used to grow plants, do you even understand this? They need a clone or viable seeds to use the genetics to make hybrids from them.
Fear is a brain freeze I guess?
-SamS

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I've been surfing around the Phylos Galaxy for a day now.. Fascinating stuf! We've been waiting for this for a long time. Congratulations are in order SamS, must have a been some undertaking!

A few questions..

Does the berry component actually correlate with modern hybrids or is it just an artefact of similar ancestry? For example most of the WLD stuff seems to be composed of kush, berry, hemp and landrace elements while some of the northern Pakistanis lack the kush component all together. Seems I was right in thinking there are more than one wld type out there..

Also some Mexican strains like Acapulco gold and Oaxaca 79 register as Skunk. Can I assume this is at least partly because Mexican derived markers were used to compose the Skunk cluster or is it evidence of actual hybridity?

So how reliable is the galaxy right now? Do these markers actually correlate with recent hybrid ancestry or is it just noise created by a lack of landrace samples?

corky1968

Veteran
Sad if you believe this, Sativex Cannabis is not GMO, I know because I bred the plants.
You have zero idea of reality...
-SamS

Talking about reality Sam. I wish Nevil was around his seeds were real.

BTW: I never mentioned Sativex.

I did watch some videos with Mowgli and your friend Clarke yesterday.

I think it will be years before they road map everything.

These videos and there's a bunch of them.

Cannabis Science Pub Feb 2016 Genetics Part 4 Mowgli Holmes PhD The Cannabis Evolution Project

Cannabis Science Pub Feb 2016 Genetics Part 5 Robert C Clarke Cannabis Today How did we get here

I found that Galaxy thing hard to read.

And it didn't as far as I could see tell me where the modern strains originated from.

I want to know the ancestors of Skunk, is it really Afghan and Mexican and Colombian, or is that all bullshit, but it never told me the ancestors of Skunk.

I think their problem is they tested all these modern American strains but didn't do their foundations first and log the DNA of all the landraces.

I'm not interested in what modern American strain is a cousin of what other American strain, I want to know their pre-historic ancestors.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
...or is it just noise created by a lack of landrace samples?

until they or someone else can manage to first set a solid point of reference, it's all noise pretty much.

but setting such reference point might be out of reach for science for a long time to come.

At least this is a starting point imo and that phylos is taking a shot a such daring enterprise is pretty commendable imo... but yes, without that "landrace" reference point it is impossible to establish much in terms of origins of modern hybrids.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I not only agree but the best would be as old of seeds as can be found, but collected in situ decades ago to minimize any gene contamination in traditional Cannabis production areas by modern Muti-Poly-Hybrids. Older and dead may be more important then newer and alive. We will need to test thousands of varieties, landraces used for Ganja, Hashish, Rope, or just feral or even wild if possible. There is from no country that I do not want the local traditional Cannabis varieties for any use sequenced, that is what is needed to truly understand Cannabis family relationships and evolution to create a Cannabis family tree.
I do have a few more hundred of landraces contributed by IC contributors and others, that will help but much more is needed for sure. 196 countries X how many varieties in each country? Maybe between two and twenty thousand? Just a guess, but a good start.
-SamS

therevverend

Veteran
I have trouble navigating the galaxy. Great information but not in a form I can easily digest. Is there a way to read it in a less abstract format? Just a simple old fashioned family tree would be much easier.