What's new

Cannabis Cup in Colorado...

D

draco

this is inevitable though... legal business and all. will there be smoking like in the dam?

Don't think so. That's why the winner will be the highest thc in the test = no blazin allowed

just a guess

Lord Doobie

The precarious way things are in this state right now, I think the laws are about to change any second. I doubt it will ever happen...

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
finally got through to the promoters, heres whats happenen

general admission tickets are sold out.

you can still enter the cup with your buds. its 200.00 for 2 entries, and a room in the gant. 1 zip per entry.

gram of each entry needs to be in by march 15th, they currently dont know where/how to drop the grams, and they havent set a time yet at the hotel to drop your zips.

with the 200 entry fee ya get to also go all around the hotel rooms and check out vendors and smoke outs. same ya would of got with general admission tickets.

they have sold all the judges passes(50) as well.

CBF

ericed

It's hard to say that they will judge on THC alone but it sure does sound that way. However, I honestly think this is a good thing. I don't really trust seed banks telling me "THC% = HIGH" or "THC% = 15-22" so this will definitely give me some realistic numbers, that is if the final results are made available.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
CBF...many thanks for your, and everyones, help with finding information for this thread. I heard it on the radio National news and Googled to get the original story..you have gone out of your way to find out whats going down there and post it here for us...have a great cup..DD

10jed

Gotta wonder how a handful of judges could actually test and compare 400 strains. Seems to me a scientific test is really the only way. That being said, are there really going to be 400 people who want to drop $200 for the pleasure of giving away 2 zips of their finest meds? Maybe a breeder would see that as a good deal but for the average grower it doesn't seem like such a great investment. IDK, maybe I'm not looking at it the right way.

Jed

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya get a room in aspen in that 200.00, hotel most anywhere these days is 100 a night, decent hotel that is, never seen the Gant myself.

i doubt there will be 400 entries, they have plenty of the 200.00 tickets available.

CBF

mcrider

My question is why in the world is this thing being held in Aspen??!!! What they need to do is "The great American Cannabis Cup" Denver, CO 4/20 at the Colorado Convention Center. Now you know that would take off like no body's business. As long as people can deal with the big blue bear that is. ;) I mean really who wants to go all the way to Aspen for this thing. Vail yea. Aspen no freaking way.
mcrider

Attachments

• colorado_convention_bear.jpg
    colorado_convention_bear.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 13

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My question is why in the world is this thing being held in Aspen??!!! What they need to do is "The great American Cannabis Cup" Denver, CO 4/20 at the Colorado Convention Center. Now you know that would take off like no body's business. As long as people can deal with the big blue bear that is. ;) I mean really who wants to go all the way to Aspen for this thing. Vail yea. Aspen no freaking way.
mcrider

well for me aspens great, hellva lot nicer then Denver, and not all us growers live in Denver, personally i wouldnt even think of goin if held at the freakin convention center in denver.

CBF

id have to agree that aspen just seems like a kind of random location compared to where most of the dispensaries and are and where most of the herb is grown. Doesnt aspen have like under 10 shops? Theres over 50 here and well over a few hundred down south
i dont get it...

mcrider

well for me aspens great, hellva lot nicer then Denver, and not all us growers live in Denver, personally i wouldnt even think of goin if held at the freakin convention center in denver.

CBF

My point is there is simply more people in the metro/front range area. SO ok kewl you get a few hundred in the Mtns but if it was in Denver that would quickly turn into thousands/ tens of thousands.
I am not putting down the Mtns as I love them but if it was held in Denver it would be much much bigger. And I promise you simply by the number of people the front range growers greatly out number the Mtn growers.
mcrider