What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Grade CANNABIS BIBLIOGRAPHY SORTED AND ALPHABETIZED BY SUBJECT

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Glad to help, man. I stepped away from the project for a little too long but this is one of the most important resources for the next gen. I love vetting these entries. I'm only through 3 topics but when I get to the end, I'll have every one of these in a spreadsheet for you. Sortable alphabetically by title, by author, by journal, by date. Then I'll run it again and get every DOI linked.

IC Cannabinoids
Missing DOI:
Effects of Smoked Cannabis and Oral ?9-Tetrahydrocannabinol on Nausea and Emesis After Cancer Chemotherapy: A Review of State Clinical Trials
10.1300/J175v01n01_03

FIXED. -SamS

Last edited by a moderator:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Article correction:
IC Cannabinoids:
EPILEPSY STUDY FINDS ONE CATEGORY OF CBD IS SUPERIOR TO ANOTHER

is actually

Keep Off the Grass: Artisanal versus Pharmaceutical Cannabidiol in Pediatric Refractory Epilepsy Patients (710)
Nathan Cohen, Joan Conry, John Schreiber
American Academy of Neurology, April 14, 2020; 94 (15 Supplement)
Objective: We hypothesize that cannabidiol (CBD) levels will be higher in patients taking pharmaceutical versus artisanal CBD and higher CBD levels will be associated with increased side effects and decreased seizure frequency.
https://n.neurology.org/content/94/15_Supplement/710.abstract

Since it is only a supplement/presentation, there is nothing more than what is published in the link.

FIXED -SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
New article:
IC Medicinal

Report of a parent survey of cannabidiol-enriched cannabis use in pediatric treatment-resistant epilepsy
Brenda E. Porter, Catherine Jacobson
2013, Epilepsy & Behavior, 29(3) 574-577
DOI: 10.1016/j.yebeh.2013.08.037

Abstract: Severe childhood epilepsies are characterized by frequent seizures, neurodevelopmental delays, and impaired
quality of life. In these treatment-resistant epilepsies, families often seek alternative treatments. This survey explored the use of cannabidiol-enriched cannabis in children with treatment-resistant epilepsy. The survey was presented to parents belonging to a Facebook group dedicated to sharing information about the use of cannabidiol-enriched cannabis to treat their child's seizures. Nineteen responses met the following inclusion criteria for the study: a diagnosis of epilepsy and current use of cannabidiol-enriched cannabis. Thirteen children had Dravet syndrome, four had Doose syndrome, and one each had Lennox–Gastaut syndrome and idiopathic epilepsy. The average number of antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) tried before using cannabidiol-enriched cannabis was 12. Sixteen (84%) of the 19 parents reported a reduction in their child's seizure frequency while taking cannabidiol-enriched cannabis. Of these, two (11%) reported complete seizure freedom, eight (42%) reported a greater than 80% reduction in seizure frequency, and six (32%) reported a 25–60% seizure reduction. Other beneficial effects included increased alertness, better mood, and improved sleep. Side effects included drowsiness and fatigue. Our survey shows that parents are using cannabidiol-enriched cannabis as a treatment for their children with treatment-resistant epilepsy. Because of the increasing number of states that allow access to medical cannabis, its use will likely be a growing concern for the epilepsy community. Safety and tolerability data for cannabidiol-enriched cannabis use among children are not available. Objective measurements of a standardized preparation of pure cannabidiol are needed to determine whether it is safe, well tolerated, and efficacious at controlling seizures in this pediatric population with difficult-to-treat seizures.

I can not add posts to Medical as the post Medical is just to big to add to. I do have it to add when I can. -SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
IC Cannabinoids

Missing journal and abstract info:
Evolution of the Cannabinoid and Terpene Content during the Growth of Cannabis sativa Plants from Different Chemotypes
Oier Aizpurua-Olaizola, Umut Soydaner, Ekin O?ztu?rk, Daniele Schibano, Yilmaz Simsir, Patricia Navarro, Nestor Etxebarria, and Aresatz Usobiaga
Journal of Natural Products 79 (2) 324-331
DOI: 10.1021/acs.jnatprod.5b00949
ABSTRACT: The evolution of major cannabinoids and terpenes during the growth of Cannabis sativa plants was studied. In this work, seven different plants were selected: three each from chemotypes I and III and one from chemotype II. Fifty clones of each mother plant were grown indoors under controlled conditions. Every week, three plants from each variety were cut and dried, and the leaves and flowers were analyzed separately. Eight major cannabinoids were analyzed via HPLC-DAD, and 28 terpenes were quantified using GC-FID and verified via GC-MS. The chemotypes of the plants, as defined by the tetrahydrocannabinolic acid/ cannabidiolic acid (THCA/CBDA) ratio, were clear from the beginning and stable during growth. The concentrations of the major cannabinoids and terpenes were determined, and different patterns were found among the chemotypes. In particular, the plants from chemotypes II and III needed more time to reach peak production of THCA, CBDA, and monoterpenes. Differences in the cannabigerolic acid development among the different chemotypes and between monoterpene and sesquiterpene evolution patterns were also observed. Plants of different chemotypes were clearly differentiated by their terpene content, and characteristic terpenes of each chemotype were identified.

FIXED. -SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
IC Cannabinoids

Duplicate:
Evidence that the plant cannabinoid ?9-tetrahydrocannabivarin is a cannabinoid CB1and CB2 receptor antagonist.

and the above

Evolution of the Cannabinoid and Terpene Content during the Growth of Cannabis sativa Plants from Different Chemotypes

are listed twice in a row.

FIXED. -SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
IC Cannabinoids:

Low dose oral cannabinoid therapy reduces progression of atherosclerosis in mice
Missing DOI is: 10.1038/nature03389

FIXED-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
IC Cannabinoids

Medicinal chemistry endeavors around the phytocannabinoids
is duplicated after
Measuring the bioactivity of phytocannabinoid cannabidiol from cannabis sources, and a novel non-cannabis source.

FIXED-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
IC Cannabinoids

Minor oxygenated cannabinoids from high potency Cannabis sativa L.
is duplicated two articles later.

I think I fixed it?-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
IC Cannabinoids

*Multiplex qPCR and Cannabis Microbiome sequencing reveals several Bacteria and Fungi Native to Cannabis flowers

has been superseded by a newer/revised version.

*Cannabis microbiome sequencing reveals several mycotoxic fungi native to dispensary grade Cannabis flowers. McKernan, K., Spangler, J., Zhang, L., Tadigotla, V., Helbert, Y., Foss, T., & Smith, D. R. (2016) F1000Research, 4, 1422. doi:10.12688/f1000research.7507.2

Abstract: The Center for Disease Control estimates 128,000 people in the U.S. are
hospitalized annually due to food borne illnesses. This has created a demand
for food safety testing targeting the detection of pathogenic mold and bacteria
on agricultural products. This risk extends to medical Cannabis and is of
particular concern with inhaled, vaporized and even concentrated Cannabis
products . As a result, third party microbial testing has become a regulatory
requirement in the medical and recreational Cannabis markets, yet knowledge
of the Cannabis microbiome is limited. Here we describe the first next
generation sequencing survey of the fungal communities found in dispensary
based Cannabis flowers by ITS2 sequencing, and demonstrate the sensitive
detection of several toxigenic Penicillium and Aspergillus species, including P.
citrinum and P. paxilli, that were not detected by one or more culture-based
methods currently in use for safety testing.
Color Poster: https://1280717.app.netsuite.com/co...739&c=1280717&h=4d75bc90bba1a047c1f3&_xt=.pdf

Definitely still a Must Read article.

FIXED but the Color poster link you posted did not work so I did not add it.-SamS

Consider reclassification to IC Cannabis Analysis or IC Pest and Disease?

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
IC Cannabinoids

Pharmacokinetics and metabolism of the plant cannabinoids, delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol and cannabinol.
Huestis MA

is duplicated one article after.
Take out the first one for alphabetical purposes.

FIXED-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
IC Cannabinoids

Phytocannabinoids in Cannabis sativa: Recent studies on biosynthetic enzymes.

lists an outline but no description.
This paragraph from the introduction may be better suited in place of an actual abstract:
”…To overcome these difficulties, from the middle of 1990s, several research groups, including our laboratory, started to investigate the enzymes involved in cannabinoid biosynthesis, and successfully established the biosynthetic pathway of major phytocannabinoids as illustrated in Scheme 1. In the pathway, THCA, CBDA, and CBCA are biosynthesized from the common precursor CBGA by the action of unique oxidoreductases, i.e., THCA synthase, CBDA synthase, and CBCA synthase, respectively [21 – 23]. On the other hand, CBGA is synthesized by alkylation of olivetolic acid (OLA) with geranylpyrophosphate (GPP) by a novel prenyltransferase called geranylpyrophosphate:eek:livatolate geranyltransferase (GOT) [24]. This article reviews individual biosynthetic enzymes and related topics.”

FIXED-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
IC Cannabinoids

PLANT AND BRAIN CANNABINOIDS: THE CHEMISTRY OF MAJOR NEW PLAYERS IN PHYSIOLOGY. Hanuš, L., & Mechoulam, R.

Abstract Clean up:
. One of the earliest records of hemp use by man comes from a 12 000 year-old neolitic 49 Selected Topics in the Chemistry of Natural Products Downloaded from www.worldscientific.com by LA TROBE UNIVERSITY on 02/12/16. For personal use only. Nov. 27, 2007 18:5 SPI-B530 Selected Topics in the Chemistry of Natural Products ch03 50 L. Hanuš and R. Mechoulam site at Yuan-shan (Taiwan island).

Remove blue portion for continuity.

FIXED-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
IC Cannabinoids

Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, a genuine substance of tetrahydrocannabinol

Missing abstract: Isolation of tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (abbreviated to THCA) was first described by F. Korte, et al in 1965, but in his latest lecture he mentioned that their sample was the molecular compound with dimethylformamide. We wish to report the isolation of pure delta-2-THCA, a main component in Mexican hemp cultivated in Japan, with the aid of chromatography on cellulose powder impregnated with dimethylformamide and n-hexane as an eluant, followed by preparative thin-layer chromatography with n-hexane-EtOAc.

FIXED-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
IC Cannabinoids:

THC Accumulation in Glands of Cannabis
and
THC (TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL) ACCUMULATION IN GLANDS OF CANNABIS (CANNABACEAE)

are the same thing. The second title is correct but the link in the first is the real article. The DOI on the second is a different Mahlberg paper published at a later date and already in the Bib.

The entry should look like this:

THC (TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL) ACCUMULATION IN GLANDS OF CANNABIS (CANNABACEAE)
Paul G. Mahlberg and Eun Soo Kim, 2001
The Hemp Report Volume 3, Issue 17, Summer 2001 ISSN 1498-8135
THC (delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol) is known to be present in flowering plants of Cannabis. However, its location in the plant and particularly in the cell remains less generally known. Our studies have been directed to determining where these compounds are localized at the whole plant and cellular level, with a long term objective to determine the organelle or membrane in the cell in their synthesis. It also should be possible to identify the gene responsible for synthesis of these compounds, THC in particular, and modulate this gene so as to develop strains of Cannabis with no THC, or no cannabinoids. Such strains would be intended for hemp agriculture. The first phase of this study is to determine localization of THC in the plant. As part of this program we initiated an effort to accumulate a germplasm collection of various strains of world-wide distribution that are utilized in hemp cultivation in the classical sense, as well as seed oil strains and those with various levels of THC. We have utilized these strains for analyses of cannabinoids and their distribution; they also will serve as a germplasm source for future studies. The purposes of this study are: a) to determine where cannabinoids are localized in the plant, and in which specific tissue, and b) to determine where within the cell or tissue cannabinoids are localized. Preliminary studies show it to be in the gland. Historically, it has been reported that a glandless mutant was detected at one time, but is now lost. If THC is in the gland, and glandless mutants can be produced, it should then be possible to reduce significantly the THC content of the plant. Such a plant, with its low THC content, would be a potentially important strain for the industrial hemp industry.
https://www.hempreport.com/issues/17/malbody17.html

FIXED-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
!!!Finished IC Cannabinoids today!!!
Without the non-cannabis specific papers, that section contains 335 papers.

Breeding contains 59
Archaeology contains 69

Thank you bsgospel your help has been priceless, please keep up the finding of any errors so I can fix them-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I added 34 new papers to the IC BIB
17 to IC Cannabinoids
6 to IC Cannabis Analysis
2 to IC Cannabis Botany
4 to IC DNA
2 to IC In Vitro
2 to IC Pest and Disease
1 to IC Terpenes

Merry Xmas...
Enjoy and learn...
-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
*thumbs up
I'm on it ;)

I'll get those 17 new Cannabinoid papers and start on Cannabinoid Receptors tonight or tomorrow.
Cheers.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I added 21 new papers to the IC BIB
9 to IC Cannabinoids
2 to IC Cannabis Analysis
2 to IC Cannabis Botany
2 to IC DNA
1 in IC In Vitro
1 in IC Legal
4 to IC Terpenes

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I did divide the IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoid into 2 sections, today and tomorrow I can now add the 150 new papers that I have for the IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoid sections, and say when done, as you may know I have not been able to add anything to that section for 6 months, as it just got to big and every time I tried to add it just crashed. Now it is workable I divided Part 1 A-D and a Part 2 E-Z and I am ready to roll. It is now all posted and I am all caught up, ENJOY.
-SamS

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts