What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Grade CANNABIS BIBLIOGRAPHY SORTED AND ALPHABETIZED BY SUBJECT

zif

Veteran
Have you posted Van Velzen’s oxidocyclase paper yet? I’m not as sure about the search in this liminal version of icmag.

Origin and evolution of the cannabinoid oxidocyclase gene family
Robin van Velzen, M. Eric Schranz
bioRxiv 2020.12.18.423406; doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.12.18.423406

In any case, an interesting read!

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Have you posted Van Velzen’s oxidocyclase paper yet? I’m not as sure about the search in this liminal version of icmag.

Origin and evolution of the cannabinoid oxidocyclase gene family
Robin van Velzen, M. Eric Schranz
bioRxiv 2020.12.18.423406; doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.12.18.423406

In any case, an interesting read!

Look under IC Cannabinoids it is there, posted a while ago. Please find other papers I don't have posted, thanks for the effort.
-SamS

G

This guy was retired from the pharma realm. You can tell by the non-cannabis papers. He must have signed a non compete!

Who will be first to put sugar alcohols in a one of those electronic E-joint? Not Slunkman Sam. He's sitting on a lot of little projects with someone else's name on the tag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
This guy was retired from the pharma realm. You can tell by the non-cannabis papers. He must have signed a non compete!

Who will be first to put sugar alcohols in a one of those electronic E-joint? Not Slunkman Sam. He's sitting on a lot of little projects with someone else's name on the tag.

Not sure exactly what you mean, I post non Cannabis papers that are can be related to Cannabis, even if not Cannabis specific.
I do not really make products that are sold, I am retired. As for projects with someone else's name on the tag, I have zero idea what you mean?
Why would anyone want to vape sugar alcohols? Maybe you can explain?
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I posted 9 new Papers into the IC BIB
2 in IC Breeding Cannabis
3 in IC Cannabinoids
3 in IC Cannabis Analysis
1 in IC Terpenes

-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
zif - The one we've been waiting for! Designation and classification by genomic characteristics and chemotype. Sample is small but a good framework for a beginning....

Classification of cannabis strains in the Canadian market with discriminant analysis of principal components using genome-wide single nucleotide polymorphisms
  • Dan Jin,
  • Philippe Henry,
  • Jacqueline Shan,
  • Jie Chen
DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0253387

The cannabis community typically uses the terms “Sativa” and “Indica” to characterize drug strains with high tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) levels. Due to large scale, extensive, and unrecorded hybridization in the past 40 years, this vernacular naming convention has become unreliable and inadequate for identifying or selecting strains for clinical research and medicinal production. Additionally, cannabidiol (CBD) dominant strains and balanced strains (or intermediate strains, which have intermediate levels of THC and CBD), are not included in the current classification studies despite the increasing research interest in the therapeutic potential of CBD. This paper is the first in a series of studies proposing that a new classification system be established based on genome-wide variation and supplemented by data on secondary metabolites and morphological characteristics. This study performed a whole-genome sequencing of 23 cannabis strains marketed in Canada, aligned sequences to a reference genome, and, after filtering for minor allele frequency of 10%, identified 137,858 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs). Discriminant analysis of principal components (DAPC) was applied to these SNPs and further identified 344 structural SNPs, which classified individual strains into five chemotype-aligned groups: one CBD dominant, one balanced, and three THC dominant clusters. These structural SNPs were all multiallelic and were predominantly tri-allelic (339/344). The largest portion of these SNPs (37%) occurred on the same chromosome containing genes for CBD acid synthases (CBDAS) and THC acid synthases (THCAS). The remainder (63%) were located on the other nine chromosomes. These results showed that the genetic differences between modern cannabis strains were at a whole-genome level and not limited to THC or CBD production. These SNPs contained enough genetic variation for classifying individual strains into corresponding chemotypes. In an effort to elucidate the confused genetic backgrounds of commercially available cannabis strains, this classification attempt investigated the utility of DAPC for classifying modern cannabis strains and for identifying structural SNPs.

I added this to the BIB.
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I posted 21 new Papers into the IC BIB

4 in IC Cannabinoids
4 in IC Cannabis Analysis
1 inIC Cannabis Seeds
2 in IC Classification/Taxonomy
1 in IC DNA
3 in IC In Vitro
4 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 1 A-D
2 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 2 D-Z

-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I posted 14 new articles into the IC BIB

2 in IC Archaeology/History
1 in IC Breeding Cannabis
2 in IC Cannabinoids
1 in IC Cannabis Analysis
2 in IC DNA
1 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 1 A-D
1 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 2 D-Z
4 in IC Pests & Disease
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I posted 25 new papers in the IC BIB

3 in IC Cannabinoids
6 in IC Cannabis Analysis
2 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 1 A-D
5 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 2 E-Z
9 in IC Terpenes

-SamS

ahortator

Veteran
Hi Sam. I have found this yesterday. I don't know if you have it yet or if it is better posting it here or sending it to you in a PM.

https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/7/29/eabg2286

https://canamo.net/noticias/mundo/e...geXs_ievnWrO1vHdzQyupKUF17z7iDkY3t53FbgPQz5Ec

https://news.unil.ch/display/1624973503240

Estructura-de-la-poblaci%C3%B3n-de-las-accesiones-de-cannabis.jpg?itok=MkPx-0WB.jpg

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
All these are posted or I have them to post. In the future post in this thread or Pm me so I can add if not already posted.
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I posted 17 new papers in the IC BIB

4 in IC Cannabinoids
1 in IC Cannabis Botany.
4 in IC Pest and Disease
6 in IC Terpenes
2 in IC Trichomes

I hope people use them.....

-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I posted 19 new papers in the IC BIB

1 in
IC Archaeology/History
4 in IC Cannabinoids
1 in IC Cannabinoid Receptors

1 in IC Cannabis Botany
1 in
IC Cannabis Seeds
1 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 1 A-D

3 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 2 E-Z
2 in IC Pest and Disease
3 in IC Terpenes

I hope they are useful.
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I posted 37 new papers in the IC BIB

6 in IC Cannabinoids
2 in IC Cannabis Analysis
1 in
IC Cannabis Botany
4 in IC Cannabis Seeds
3 in IC Cannabis Seed Oil
6 in IC DNA

1 in IC Hemp/Cannabis Cultivation
1 in IC Legal
6 in IC Pest and Disease

Lots this post

-SamS

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Behavioural and pharmacological effects of cannabidiol (CBD) and the cannabidiol analogue KLS-13019 in mouse models of pain and reinforcement
Jeffery D. Foss, Daniel J. Farkas, Lana M. Huynh, William A. Kinney, Douglas E. Brenneman, Sara Jane Ward
British Journal of Pharmacology 06-Apr-2021
DOI: 10.1111/bph.15486

Abstract
Background and Purpose
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a non-euphorigenic component of Cannabis sativa that prevents the development of paclitaxel-induced mechanical sensitivity in a mouse model of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy (CIPN). We recently reported that the CBD structural analogue KLS-13019 shows efficacy in an in vitro model of CIPN. The present study was to characterize the behavioural effects of KLS-13019 compared to CBD and morphine in mouse models of CIPN, nociceptive pain and reinforcement.

Experimental Approach
Prevention or reversal of paclitaxel-induced mechanical sensitivity were assessed following intraperitoneal or oral administration of CBD, KLS-13019 or morphine. Antinociceptive activity using acetic acid-induced stretching and hot plate assay, anti-reinforcing effects on palatable food or morphine self-administration and binding to human opioid receptors were also determined.

Key Results
Like CBD, KLS-13019 prevented the development of mechanical sensitivity associated with paclitaxel administration. In contrast to CBD, KLS-13019 was also effective at reversing established mechanical sensitivity. KLS-13019 significantly attenuated acetic acid-induced stretching and produced modest effects in the hot plate assay. KLS-13019 was devoid of activity at μ-, δ- or κ-opioid receptors. Lastly, KLS-13019, but not CBD, attenuated the reinforcing effects of palatable food or morphine.

Conclusions and Implications
KLS-13019 like CBD, prevented the development of CIPN, while KLS-13019 uniquely attenuated established CIPN. Because KLS-13019 binds to fewer biological targets, this will help to identifying molecular mechanisms shared by these two compounds and those unique to KLS-13019. Lastly, KLS-13019 may possess the ability to attenuate reinforced behaviour, an effect not observed in the present study with CBD.

ADDED To BIB
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I posted 22 new papers in the IC BIB

1 in IC Breeding Cannabis
2 in IC Cannabinoids
5 in IC Cannabis Botany
1 in IC Cannabis Seeds
1 in IC DNA
2 in IC Hemp Processing
2 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 1 A-D
4 in IC Medical Cannabis/Endocannabinoids Pt 2 E-Z
1 in IC Pest and Disease

3 in IC Terpenes

Enjoy,
-SamS

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I posted 19 new papers in the IC BIB

4 in IC Cannabinoids
2 in IC Cannabinoid Receptors
1 in IC Legal
1 in IC Pest and Disease

3 in IC Terpenes

I hope they are useful. Some I can not find a free PDF, if anyone sees one let me know so I can add the link.
-SamS