What's new

Cannabis Act

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
With all of the Nafta squabbles going on right now, maybe trump will cuckold Trudeau into slowing these laws down for a bit.

We dont need dangerous drugs slowing down the flow of honest goods across the border.

Stickybred420

interesting find. its hard to say what is really going to come because they seem to change their minds all the time. its definitely good to stay updated. its crazy how different the ideas on legalization are throughout the provinces. like gmack was saying, shits crazy and there's a lot of dummies in control of something super important.

Egzoset

Salutations,

Quebec not allowing home grows. New Brunswick treating it the same as Fire arms. Fuck you east coasters are dealing with a special level of stupid from your respective governments

It's because of such lack of solidarity the bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists in power at both governement levels presently feel boosted while doing what they've done before, except now there are hints of some significantly renewed intensity.

Obviously it would be errant and clueless to equate Québekers with self-serving federalist politicians happy to pretend their 18000 participants (stuffed) "consultation" actually represented the opinions of a whole province considering that's more likely to only reflect "medical" users who were already registered anyway: after all who can trust an "elite" made of anti-democratic Liberal freaks determined to collect a "preventive" database made of sensitive private civil information when only one third of voters supported Couillard right during the last elections!!

With half a billions dollars from Ottawa alone being put on police, propaganda and the like guess what's on the menu next, no thanks to a divided cannabic community precisely... And what for?

The hate-lovers/love-haters. M'well it appears greed does that i'm afraid...

:shark:

So...

Here's the perfect place to express your political views (and bias), as if you might care:

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

"However, micro-cultivators would not be able to sell directly to the public or to federally-licensed or provincially- or territorially-authorized sellers."

How the fuck could they think this made any sense?

Oh that's right, these motherfuckers are legalizing it for themselves and their corporate hogs.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Read a book awhile ago.

"Everything I Want To Do Is Illegal"

Documenting the plight of a farmer looking to have a small abattoir on site, rather than pay the piper, raising the cost of his meat at a commercial joint.

Turns out it is legal, if you can qualify their demands. Too bad the requirements necessitated a large scale operation to justify the initial and annual expenses.

It did not matter that he proved through third party microbial testing that his methods and result produced a cleaner healthier product, it was not done as it was written.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Nurseries would be permitted to sell live plants and seeds to other licensed cultivators, licensed processors, and holders of a research authorization. However, they would not be able to sell directly to the public or to federally-licensed or provincially- or territorially-authorized sellers. The harvest of other plant material and production of any other class of cannabis would be prohibited under this class of licence. This material would need to be destroyed.

However, micro-cultivators would not be able to sell directly to the public or to federally-licensed or provincially- or territorially-authorized sellers.

It is proposed that a licence for industrial hemp would authorize the cultivation of industrial hemp plants and the production and sale of seeds and grains (and their derivatives). It is proposed that the regulations would define industrial hemp as “cannabis plants whose leaves and flowering heads do not contain more than 0.3% THC.” It should be noted that any part of the plant identified in Schedule 2 of the proposed Cannabis Act, such as a non-viable seed or mature stalk without any leaf, flower, seed or branch, would fall outside the scope of the proposed Act. As such, activities related to these plant parts (such as their processing or sale) would not require a licence under the proposed Act. Further, as is currently the case under the Industrial Hemp Regulations, a licence would not be required for the sale of derivatives of seed and grain that contain 10 micrograms per gram of THC or less.

Potentially opening up hemp CBD farming.

Interesting that they chose 0.3%. Many have identified this number to give an unfair advantage to European hemp varieties, Asian cultivars produce more fibre, seed, etc, but typically range between 0.4-1.0% THC.

Further supported by

*Requirements for THC testing would be maintained for the designation of new varieties of low THC cannabis (0.3% or less) as an approved cultivar of industrial hemp to be included in the List of Approved Cultivars

Me thinks some Euro had their ear.

The concentrate section is short and unclear.

Appears designated growing still stands (with a full review of the ACMPR within 5 years).

I assume there will be stricter enforcement with a heavy nod to diversion.

Seems we should be learning Spanish or Portuguese.

Other wise, this proposal looks slapped together. Poor language is a sign of haste.

Last edited:
Read a book awhile ago.

"Everything I Want To Do Is Illegal"

Great reference for anyone out there who knows their quality product supersedes that of an industry regulated by government, all without any need for government regulation.

Joel Salatin is a true agricultural hero and philosopher and most definitely the "Father of the Modern Organic Farming Movement"

Which brings me to this:

Nursery 2.2.3

"Nurseries would be permitted to sell live plants and seeds to other licensed cultivators, licensed processors, and holders of a research authorization. However, they would not be able to sell directly to the public or to federally-licensed or provincially- or territorially-authorized sellers.

I am afraid no one in the federal government is even aware there is an entire industry already established around the sale of seeds. Perhaps some of you know of this industry, as well?

Maybe in a decade, with a different government we will have some loosening of these proposed regulations, but until then, I will grow, breed and sell seeds/clones to whoever wants them.

HiFiGanja

Still no info on 4 plants and etc... With the micro cultivators and if there quite a few I can see this hurting hydro stores as most of them will buy equipment from the current wholesalers, especially if they clamp down on making the 4 plant growing as inconvenient as they can.

rmkking

Fill out the survey and voice your opinions. If most of feedback says they do want micro processors to sell to public then maybe they will consider it. Voicing opinions on here is basically pointless

"However, micro-cultivators would not be able to sell directly to the public or to federally-licensed or provincially- or territorially-authorized sellers."

How the fuck could they think this made any sense?

Oh that's right, these motherfuckers are legalizing it for themselves and their corporate hogs.

troutman

Seed Whore
Still no info on 4 plants and etc... With the micro cultivators and if there quite a few I can see this hurting hydro stores as most of them will buy equipment from the current wholesalers, especially if they clamp down on making the 4 plant growing as inconvenient as they can.

I asked for a 20 plant limit for micro cultivators.

Most people grow less than this and 20 plants would allow a person to produce enough for themselves.

4 plants is a joke.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fill out the survey and voice your opinions. If most of feedback says they do want micro processors to sell to public then maybe they will consider it. Voicing opinions on here is basically pointless

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Or do. If that's your thing.

rmkking

Ya your right I'm sure they are following this post... taking into account your comments on what they should do... if you can't take 15 minutes to fill out the survey then why waste your breath complaining on here...

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Or do. If that's your thing.

rmkking

I asked for a 200-400kg limit for micro cultivators. If you read the suggested info. It would be pretty tough to ,are a profit after following there supposed regs, with only 20 plants. I mean loot of amcpr guys can grow 20-100 plants themselves.

I asked for a 20 plant limit for micro cultivators.

Most people grow less than this and 20 plants would allow a person to produce enough for themselves.

4 plants is a joke.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya your right I'm sure they are following this post... taking into account your comments on what they should do... if you can't take 15 minutes to fill out the survey then why waste your breath complaining on here...

Who said I wasn't going to fill it out?

Why would I care if they're following this post?

I am interested to discuss what other growers think of the proposed Act. I feel like I am in the right venue for that.

I also feel you should think a bit more before opening your cock holster.

Have a nice day