What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Act

Jonny Lan

How about if you could go to the cannabis shop try different buds and then buy the clone that made the best of those buds? Would that not be better then growing out forty plants to find one?

FYI under the new laws you will be able to buy clones in such a manner.

Sounds too fucking good to be true but fingers crossed.:dance013:
for real growers who know what they are doing no it would not be better, especially with all the poly hybrids available today, popping 100+ seeds at a time to find "the cut(s)" is very normal.

Jonny Lan

So I have to concede the point of only being allowed four plants in your home regardless of whether they are flowering or not. My friend in a corporate lawyer and I have to trust her, but she sure surprised me by saying she would be happy to have four new house plants once the law has changed. Funny thing is I have dropped a grand on seeds in a year only to get two really impressive plants, being able to buy clones of the best weed from the LP will be far more cost effective even if I am buying clones every time.

BTW you will be able to buy clones that are ready to flower the day you bring them home meaning if its an eight weed plant you can have six harvests a year or four for 12 week plants.
and who determines at what size or amount of tops is ready to flower anyways? isn't that relative to what the grower likes? and are they gonna have them in all types of mediums and hydro setups for easy transitioning? what about nutrients or pesticides or fungicides used? why would u want someone else doing it for you? makes no sense unless u don't know what you are doing already.
+ I'm sure you won't be getting ready to flower plants in even a 2 gallon pot for 10-15 dollars...

Rider420

isn't that relative to what the grower likes? and are they gonna have them in all types of mediums and hydro setups for easy transitioning? what about nutrients or pesticides or fungicides used? why would u want someone else doing it for you? makes no sense unless u don't know what you are doing already.
+ I'm sure you won't be getting ready to flower plants in even a 2 gallon pot for 10-15 dollars...

and who determines at what size or amount of tops is ready to flower anyways?

You do the same way you decide whether to buy seeds small clones or large clones just like you do today with tomatoes.

and are they gonna have them in all types of mediums and hydro setups for easy transitioning? what about nutrients or pesticides or fungicides used?

Buy one plant and take four cuttings and transplant to whatever medium you like. Or buy four clones you think are ready to flower right away. And the nutrients pesticides or fungicides are all the same as the weed medical cannabis users get now from the government.

why would u want someone else doing it for you? makes no sense unless u don't know what you are doing already.

Come on dude have you not grown any weed? Its not until you have grow out the plants do you get to test the weed to see which plants to keep. Just like right now you can buy the clone of medical cannabis that works for you when legalization happens you will be about to buy the clone of the weed you like the most meaning you don't have to grow out 100 plants to find a keeper instead every plant you grow you have already smoked and loved! :smoke out:

+ I'm sure you won't be getting ready to flower plants in even a 2 gallon pot for 10-15 dollars.

Nope 10 to 15 dollars won't even get you one tomato clone but I know I wont have to spend a grand on seeds anymore and have no issue with dropping a few hundred bucks for clones.

FYI bill C-45 is on its third reading and will be sent to the senate before the end of the month!

Pangea

Veteran
http://business.financialpost.com/b...overnments-funding-for-marijuana-legalization

In an email statement, Health Canada said it would use the funding to craft “a new regulatory approach, including licensing and inspection, compliance and enforcement, monitoring and research, as well as a national public education and awareness campaign, tracking systems and program support.”

The agency, which also oversees medical marijuana licensing, indicated that the funds would at least in part come from money collected from customers and cannabis companies.

“The Government intends to offset the cost of implementing this new regulatory approach by collecting regulatory fees, as well as through revenues generated through taxation and cost recovery,” added a spokesperson. “Further information will be made available in due course.”

New regulatory approach including licensing and inspection, going to put my optimism hat on and hope this means fair and equal inclusion and access to licenses.

Egzoset

Salutations Pangea,

...put my optimism hat on and hope this means fair...

You should have taken if off the day right after 4-20 last year when Louise Arbour and peer UN insiders severely criticized Justin's non-achivement on the international scene - which is where the bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists gather, out of our democratic institutions.

M'well don't bother, it's just too late anyway. During 2016 alone there's been 6 changes to the CDSA and yet nobody felt it was time to raise a few warning flags... So, go on! Go back to these increasingly confusing dreams fuelled by self-serving politicians turned into Big Cannabis manufacturers, while mass-media persists in remaining contemplative (if not propaganda diffusers!) as it's been on the wrong side of the fence all along, starting with Maclean's in 1922 when publishing Emily F. Murphy aka Janey Canuck, etc., etc. But why should i need to even refer to history nonetheless? It's not as if the whole historical time-line is about to change over night after all, right??

More thoughtfood for the open-minded and/or just curious:

Hilary Geller
Joy Davies
Bill G20 Blair
Michael Woods, Gaëtan Dinelle
Jean-Pierre Bony, Bony Jean-Pierre (...)
Hydropothecary vs BANNED myclobutanil pesticide!

And on and on...

Sorry guys but it's about time to admit that the "legaleezation" of Trudeau is nothing but more VILIFICATION in fear anything else would cause proximity between Liberal spineless politicians and "BANNALIZATION", as if that were as dangerous as plutonium in the hands of terrorists.

Euh...

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't encourage him.

With luck we can pretend there is no elephant and he will return to blight the Quebecois subforum.

Jonny Lan

Come on dude have you not grown any weed? Its not until you have grow out the plants do you get to test the weed to see which plants to keep. Just like right now you can buy the clone of medical cannabis that works for you when legalization happens you will be about to buy the clone of the weed you like the most meaning you don't have to grow out 100 plants to find a keeper instead every plant you grow you have already smoked and loved!

wasn't my point. maybe I wasn't clear. Im saying that it is better (imo) to make your own selections. maybe it's just me I don't no... obviously if u tried it and u like it you will like the clone but that's hit or miss. is the LP gonna pick the best cuts? have u tried any LP bud? I've tried a bit and I'm not impressed. what if an LP picks a cut that some people like and some people don't like. someone might miss out on "finding the right strain for them" because they didn't like the cut the lp chose where if they grew out a couple packs themselves they may find a cut they like more...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well fuck, if they can't figure out the best companies to buy up, why would they do any better at plant selection?

Still laughing they bought BCNL. Who the hell owns those things?

clearheaded

Well fuck, if they can't figure out the best companies to buy up, why would they do any better at plant selection?

Still laughing they bought BCNL. Who the hell owns those things?

lol investors like diversity? need some security from people who will grow at home and not purchase?

Gmack

They need stuff to fill out their quarterly statements to investors. Acquiring anything is good for that.

Egzoset

Salutations,

OKay, lets add a few more hints...

Chuck Rifici
Hilary Geller
Joy Davies
Bill G20 Blair
Michael Woods, Gaëtan Dinelle
Louise Arbour
Jean-Pierre Bony, Bony Jean-Pierre (...)
Hydropothecary vs BANNED myclobutanil pesticide!​

Now tell me that's not essentially political!

With sufficient efforts i might eventually come to forget that this place is stuffed with elements turned socio-toxic themselves, effectively vilifying the pro-cannabic community beyond reason and ultimately cannabis as well!

For example:

Before the "legaleezation" mess of self-serving Justin MiniHarper Trudeau:

Trichomes_-_Clear_vs_Amber_2015-_Nov-28_400x300.png

After the KILLING of a competitor, literally, by some pure coïncidence!...

Trichomes_-_Good_vs_Evil_2017-_Oct-11_400x300.png

Anyone ever noticed a new era of premature harvesting, pesticide spraying late in flowering, followed by trimmer and even compression abuse to camouflage quite a few short-cuts?...

:whistling:

Now awaiting for mammoth inflated price-tags, to complete that topo.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nope, you're one of the few here that orders their weed. Any weed.

This being a growers site.

Egzoset

Oh, the apple never falls too far from the tree...

While i am being the a privileged (...) target for lazy one-liner trolling/bullying installed members here lets see what else is on the menu (e.g. read "topic"...), m'well unless the senate shall finally perform the job they're supposed to do, which is to protect the Canuck population from greedy self-serving politicians, hence also producers of same quality, indirectly .

And no i'm not buying Trudeau's Myclobutanil-laced THC-centric mari-caca on-line nor any other way, which ain't going to change in a foreseable future - but feel free to continue imported/forged Drama Queen fiction as i just witnessed a few lines above. No problem, such intense focus must be a hint i guess: that i should even feel flattering!

:dance013:

The energy invested into pure on-line HATE, directed at a member without cause, only comforts my impression that those who voted Trudeau this time started to regret their gullible decision, 25 % or so of those voters who chose Harper before seem ready to change their coat again - as i vaguely recall from listening at some news via TV-propaganda - on planet Itnoc...

Lets see:

picture.php

TFP: Fall Blues for Trudeau (2017-Sep-24)​

Reminding the readers that our topic as announced here still remains about « Cannabis Act » and i'm saying it's all wrong, a mirage of dellusional minds who can't face the facts even when conveniently given working links associated to pictures... Possibly in vain with those on Justin's Liberals traditional secret mafiosi payroll, go figure! But then there are the others out there who ain't this vocal (as in barking)...

Your present efforts here are only serving division by rejecting criticism quite earned by this governments own actions since their elections 2 years ago. Play blind or just bling-bling if you like, after all i'm sure controversy resulting in a boost of mercantile value is great for those who take the money with a smile just to lift their nose high in the air once their victims walk away. In other words the VILIFICATION of cannabis as engineered by Justing Trudeau is NOT something i want to be involved with. How about YOU?

You, You, you!! :woohoo:

NOT to "please" recreational users, he said. Not even the already "legaleezed" ones ("medical" vs "criminal"), actually!...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Without cause? You're a bloody clown, cause enough.

You need Instagram. All the flatheads use it as a political expression platform.