What's new

Cannabinoid profiles of your strains - home kit??

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
100% pure THC is not as good as the same weight of 60% THC with the right terpenoids, (like found in resin).
THCV,
This is the second time you seem to have no idea of what you are talking about.
100% pure THC is boring.... believe me or not.....I know.
Like the same way that pure distilled alcohol is not better then a fine wine. In the case of alcohol, pure ethanol mixed with grape juice or water, and a fine wine of the same %, is not the same. I know this and I don't even drink.
With Cannabis, pure THC does not even seem subjectively stronger then the same weight of 60% THC with the right Terpenoids. But I do not know if the terpenoids allow more THC into the blood/brain or it is the synergistic effects of the THC/Terpenoids. Or a combination of the effects.
-SamS

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I spent a lot of time on OG posting my work. I did not back it up and I won't bother to do it again. In the end all the secrets will be revealed, but when I am done with my work and I feel like it. Most likely in a science publication? It has always been more important to me to gain understanding of Cannabis then to be published, to be honest.
-SamS

G

i wish at that time i had the mind to search out and apprecite your work but none the less ill be waiting for your finish but not too eagerly since id like to understand it when its there. ive got some work of my own.

BTW, I do know why tropical varieties can sometimes have an amazing fast up high.

Could it be synergy of thc and cineole 1, 8. With thc hitting cb receptors while cineole hits olfactory nerves resulting in a cascade effect spilling over into the cerebral cortex.

edit : my post was a cartoon type, lacking in depth detail.

Last edited:

Greens

The thread on OG started by Skunkman was called "other cannabinoids", although we spent most of the thread talking about terpenes in cannabis. He stated right off the bat that CBD and THCV were practically usesless for stoners saying that both block the high from THC. It seemed to me that the cbd could have some benefit in small amounts for those that enjoy a slow onset of the high.

He also provided some great anecdotal evidence that seemed to show the effects of different terpenes found in cannabis. Using lab grade terpenes in pure form and by mixing it with pure THC in the volcano, he came to the conclusion that certain terpenes can have a powerful effect when combined with THC and they even often have pychoactive effects on their onw. I remember him saying myrcene made the high more heavy and powerful. Limonene made the onset faster, more powerful, and more uplifting. Linalool made the high heavier and more mellow.

Later in that thread, I think I had more first disagreement with skunkman over whether the endocannabinoid, anandimide, should be considered a cannabinoid (I said yes, him no). Hehe, I still think I'm right and I'm sure he does too. lol. Then, we stopped worrying about that because it doesn't really matter and we got back to discussing the terpenes. He said you can order pure terpenes from certain labs and that we should all do experiments of our own mixing the different terpenes with THC and writing down the different effects we feel. Since most of us can't find pure THC, the best bet is to use some pure bubblehash without much flavour or smell. He said a lot of the terps are lost in bubble and that's why he loves the pure dry kif so much (which I totally agree with - pure melty kif is superiour).

It was an awesome thread - too bad it's gone...

Greens

T

THCV

Sam_Skunkman said:
This is the second time you seem to have no idea of what you are talking about.
100% pure THC is boring.... believe me or not.....I know.
Like the same way that pure distilled alcohol is not better then a fine wine. In the case of alcohol, pure ethanol mixed with grape juice or water, and a fine wine of the same %, is not the same. I know this and I don't even drink.
With Cannabis, pure THC does not even seem subjectively stronger then the same weight of 60% THC with the right Terpenoids. But I do not know if the terpenoids allow more THC into the blood/brain or it is the synergistic effects of the THC/Terpenoids. Or a combination of the effects.
-SamS

Ok, sam, i certainly will defer to your expertise, and i totally agree with what you are saying. However, most people speculating about the impact of certain terpenoids on the high are doing just that--speculating. Unless they have a GC and a lot of time and dedication to the cause, of course. Obviously, lots of THC is needed as a base, along with terps, to give you a high that makes you feel like tripping. Terps might have impact on the absorption or metabolism etc of THC, and alone they might have a decent effect (like smelling essential oils makes you feel different ways), but you still need lots of THC to feel like you are tripping. Sorry my answer was so short, I didn't explain myself well. I have taken lots of marinol, which is presumably close to what a pure THC high is like, and I did indeed find it boring.

I got a lot of info from a research paper by some scientists, one from GW, called "Cannabis and Cannabis Extracts: Greater Than the Sum of Their Parts?" It is an excellent and recent reference about the impact of the cannabinoids, terpenoids and their synergistic effects. It is certainly the best and most expert/professional piece i have read on the subject, aside from threads by famous clandestine breeders on OG. :wink:

BTW, I don't really agree with the alcohol comparison. The differences between the highs of different strains of pot are enormous. Difference between different alcoholic drinks and the "drunk" you get are subtle at best (if any, with a couple exceptions ike Jaeger and champagne perhaps)--in my extensive experience being a drinker, hehe. Basically, there is nothing to compare pot to in this case, you just need to understand sam's point without an analogy...IMHO that is what makes pot so much more special than any other drug, or product for that matter.

Greens nice.

Cineole + carbon dioxide = Limonene.

............. co2 in the atmosphere.

A whiff of Cineole 1, 8 will increase motor response time when combined with thc it seems to accelerate the psychological interpretation of time perception as well.

Bottom line faster responce time coupled with accelerated thought or trippy high.

No, I'm just high.

alphacat

Question:

Limonene supplements - viable?

Cineole 1, 8 is Eucalyptol, which is also a relatively common organically derived chemical with pesticide & medical applications among other things.

This is just speculatory but it might be interesting to augment, say, an Indica's nute regimen w/ either of these somehow to see if it makes for a more "Sativa-ey" high.

Greens said:
Limonene made the onset faster, more powerful, and more uplifting...

Cineole + carbon dioxide = Limonene.

............. co2 in the atmosphere.

A whiff of Cineole 1, 8 will increase motor response time when combined with thc it seems to accelerate the psychological interpretation of time perception as well.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I remember Sam´s posts on OG.Now he has mentioned R C Clarke.Everything stated by them is CANON to me :D

Sam_Skunkman said:
BTW, I do know why tropical varieties can sometimes have an amazing fast up high. It has nothing to do with THCV.

I always thought it was due to the increase in UVB duing growth.

I recall reading a paper where researchers took 2 different strains. One was a tropical strain that was known to produce an upligting "sativa" high, and the other was a strain from further north that had a characteristic "indica" high. They grew the norhtern strain in the tropic climate, anad the tropic strain in the norhtern climate. after harvest, they evaluated the product and fund that the northern strain grown in the tropic climate had more of a "sativa" high, and the tropic strain grown in the northern climate had more of an "indica" high.

zamalito

Veteran
I believe limonene can be easily made from moldy orange peels. It may be sketchy ordering it in the u.s since I believe it is a listed precurser for thc manufacture. I'll look and post in a sec. Also I believe minor amounts of cbd are important to a less anxious high. Since cbd is both anxiolytic and slows the onset of thc it lessens anxiety. Though sam or daytripper may very well prove me wrong I haven't seen any concrete evidence that cbd is a cb1 receptor antagonist. I believe the anecdotal thc blocking reports are more due to it's anxiolytic and delayed onset properties. Could be wrong just a theory....

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I tried using UVB to make my plants stronger, I could not get any increase at all. I used both GC analysis and organoleptic analysis, no improvement.
CBD does not bind to the cb1 receptor, but it does interfere with the cb1 THC uptake. I smoked 100ml pure CBD and then smoked huge amounts of 60% THC resin and could not get a buz for 8-12 hours. NONE. If you smoke THC/CBD together you do get high, delayed in onset by the CBD, the peaks of the high are supressed and the length of the high extended. But I don't like CBD/THC, it is for girlymen, that do not like to get so high they are paranoid, shakey, psychedelic. All the things I like about Cannabis.
-SamS

Last edited:
what wavelengths were you working with?

i vaugly recll that 280-300 ws foundto be ideal. almost into uvc range.

<edit>
if you get too close to uva, it is mostly useless.

i also recall reading some articles about israli researchers synthisizing THC out of CBD with UVB.

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I used the right wavelenghts, and I had plants 1 foot, 3 foot 6 foot 9 foot 12 feet from the UVB lights. Nothing at all was improved. I did zap the plants closest to the lights, but that is why I used 30 plants in the experiment.
-SamS

G

I tried using UVB to make my plants stronger, I could not get any increase at all. I used both GC analysis and organoleptic analysis, no improvement.

Hi Sam,

Was this UVB in addition to natural light, or artificial lights?

Bests, hhf

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
After reading this thread I was wondering is users get a tolerance to pot because of a build up of CBD in their bodies? Sam said he smoked 100 ml of pure CBD and after didn't get stoned for hours. Or does the CBD only change the type of high and not remain in the body long enough to form a tolerance?

I ask this question because I know vitamin A is stored in the liver and a toxic build up can be caused if too much is consumed. I know pot in large quantities is not harmful, but is the CBD store in the liver in the same way?

Just curious and I hope I wasn't off topic too badly. Great thread by the way, very informative.

TGT

Brownpants

Strain specific tolerance is an interesting characteristic of cannabis. I notice that if I don't smoke a strain for 2 weeks, that it is more potent to me, even though I have been smoking other strains during the 2 week period. If it was just a matter of THC and CBD, I wouldn't notice any strain specific tolerance at all because most strains have concentrations of both. This is why I alternate between strains regularly, and I suggest others to try it. I think it has something to do with the aromatic terpenes that are unique to each of my strains.

Of course it could just all be happening in my head.

-BP-