What's new

Canna Boost V Molasses - side by side comparison.

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
very good thread & great read - bigup Hazy Lady... read about 3/4 of all post here lol...
also a big fan of molasses & bio boost together.. work great!
have got some alfalfa pellets now, will be making tee with seaweed extract next round...
any info on ingridients of Canna BOOST? i swear i read a thread here where some1 stated the ingridients... but as always if your looking for something you cant find hit.... anyone? peace

RetroGrow

Veteran
very good thread & great read - bigup Hazy Lady... read about 3/4 of all post here lol...
also a big fan of molasses & bio boost together.. work great!
have got some alfalfa pellets now, will be making tee with seaweed extract next round...
any info on ingridients of Canna BOOST? i swear i read a thread here where some1 stated the ingridients... but as always if your looking for something you cant find hit.... anyone? peace

Active ingredient is triacontanol, same thing that comes from alfalfa pellets.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
I experimented with extreme molasses overdosing in the past. No the plants weren't the healthiest, and I didn't reuse the soil, but you're right... The sweetness was extreme.

Like he said just try it with 1 plant from each strain you run, overdose the hell out of it and see what it does to the final smoke (pre-cure mid-cure and after-cure). An already-sweet strain will make you feel like your teeth are rotting.

Its amazing how delicious cannabis can be...

been using Gmas unsulphured for a long time.. smart n final has it if your in the US like 17 bucks for a gallon... works great n makes EM SWEET TASTING!! I TRIED TO OVER DO IT WITH MOLASSES LAST CROP AND THEY absolutely LOVED IT PUT A WHOLE CUP OF MOLASSES PER GALLON *EVERY FEEDING*.... SWEETEST TASTING BUDS FROM SOME CRAPPY PLANTS...from a heavy smoker its eventually about the TASTE!! try it with one plant just LOTS OF MOLASSES!!!
IM IN 2.5 GAL POTS WITH OrchardSupply BRAND ROSE MIX SOIL.. i dont do hydro so dont flame me, now i just dump about a cup of molasses every couple weeks at the base stem and drip water with my 55 gal gravity feed.. with FF nutes works great, K.I.S.S.
icmag YOU rock... soo much information here... a real weath of knowledge

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
I wonder how tria affects flower time. I don't want to test it with alfalfa adding that N in flower...

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
I wonder how tria affects flower time. I don't want to test it with alfalfa adding that N in flower...

i think it all depends till when you keep adding it, for a 9 week strain it wont hurt adding it upto the 4th week, for example if you look at canna nutes they dont have a veg & flower fert.. its all the same, so you keep adding N all the way upto the flush, what i wouldnt do personaly

Old thread, but thanks HazyLady! Been using blackstrap for a few years now along with gh flora nutes. Recently switched to AN's jungle juice but after reading this I think I may add a good boost to the mix.

Thanks again!

IeatCubes

Um, you guys ever read the back of your bottle of Boost?
It says:
Canna Boost Accelerator 0-1-1
Available Phosphorus - 1%
Potash - 1%
...Molasses from Sugarcane vinasse.
There's something else I'm forgetting labeled with the Molasses from vinasse.

So considering the Boost also has Molasses in it... what's the point of this thread?
Ya'll tryna' figure out if you're gonna' get the same results using your own mixes of molasses? I.e... save money? Possible Canna rip off scenario going on?
I read the first page and I understand the experiment/comparison. I don't see a hypothesis statement or main objective so I ask again, what exactly are you trying to do?

I feel like the Canna Boost is gonna' rip on most homemade brews...
Canna - Tried and True. They did all the hard work for you.
This stuff works.
I used to use Blackstrap when I grew with organics but looking back now, it was more work. The Canna is just too easy with great results.

dizzlekush

after doing a small amount of research on sugars and horticulture, xylose and D-glucose (dextrose) seem to have the most potential for assisting in growth besides being a food source for microbes. a comparison of those 2 combined with molasses compared to most commercial sweeteners would be a worthwhile side by side. im fairly certain that the active ingredients of Canna's Boost is Zeatin and Triacontanol with possibly some form of chitin in it, making a comparison to molasses rather mute.

rafe

Molasses

Molasses

I have some plants that are in different stages in the bud room. Some have been in there for 8 weeks. Is it cool to use the molasses on all of them??

BlueGrassToker

Rafe, you can use molasses all the way through, but if you flush your plants during the last week or more you probably don't want to use it. It tends to make things taste a bit nasty if used right before chop, and I think it is because it contains nutrients.

lol...I know some feel like it sweetens things up, but I will have to respectfully disagree with those folks. :)

Dkgrower

Veteran
an carboload has those 2 sugars and a few others in it.

A few others :laughing: its stuffed with so many diff sugar source it kinda funny.

I am not an AN fan but have always liked Canna fore there simpel line up with good results.

But when they came out with there Booster i was really hoping that they would stay true to there concept, but i really think that adding 1% potash and 1% vinasse to a solutionn with Triacontanol and selling at a high price is a rip off.

I buy alfalfa and vinasse from the local farmer shop at 100th at the price and dont have to go hydro shop, both good things...

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
A few others :laughing: its stuffed with so many diff sugar source it kinda funny.

I am not an AN fan but have always liked Canna fore there simpel line up with good results.

But when they came out with there Booster i was really hoping that they would stay true to there concept, but i really think that adding 1% potash and 1% vinasse to a solutionn with Triacontanol and selling at a high price is a rip off.

I buy alfalfa and vinasse from the local farmer shop at 100th at the price and dont have to go hydro shop, both good things...
"IF" Zeatin is init like dizzle says, then it would explain the price as 1gram cost about 700$...
but whot i wanted to ask is how much alfa alfa you use for your teas? how long do you ferment etc? would be interesting to know how many ppm of TRIA we get from Alfalfa..
peace

RetroGrow

Veteran

The main effect of boost that I have observed is shortened flower time by 5-7 days. This screwed me up first time I used it, because plants were "dialed in", and I was going by their previous finishing times, and plants were over ripe.

*mistress*

Veteran
"IF" Zeatin is init like dizzle says, then it would explain the price as 1gram cost about 700$...
but whot i wanted to ask is how much alfa alfa you use for your teas? how long do you ferment etc? would be interesting to know how many ppm of TRIA we get from Alfalfa..
peace

...the effective rate of tria is only ~1ug/l... or, 1 micro-gram per liter.... the rate schedules are somewhere in this thread....

The most consistent and effective results for in vivo and in
vitro laboratory studies as well as field experiments were
obtained by applying the colloidal dispersion of TRIA to
vigorous plants at concentrations of 0.1 to 1.0, micrograms / L.
...(emphasis added...)

1 mg/L = 1 PPM
1 ug/L = 1 PPB

1 PPM = 1000 PPB = 1000 000 PPT
mg/kg = microg/Kg = nanog/Kg

... so it would be a max of .001ppm tria per 1 million parts of water (1 liter)....

... these results were originally discovered by a scientist who used nearby alfalfa as fertilizer for crops.... they then isolated the tria as the agent which created the increased growth and dry weight....

the most difficult part the scientists met was finding a suitable solvent to spray the tria.... tria is not easily dissolved.... there are posts in this thread which describe using alfalfa and an emulsifier.... it may be ok to note that the original experiments used raw, or harvested alfalfa.... that may not be the most efficient application... but still may be effective... as only 1 microgram was effective in returning results.... continued application of tria did not increase dry weight or other growth factors... there were also inhibitors that stopped tria from being as effective...

...basically... an alfalfa tablet, ground to dust, combined with a drop of emulsifier & foliar sprayed once or twice during the vegetative growth of the plant, may be ok.... a drop of liquid dish detergent may be used as an emulsifier....

...not sure about the products that state they do this/that... if it is tria that is wanted... it can be found using ^^^ techniques... for >pieces of silver...

hope this helps...

Last edited:

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
hey mistress,
thank you very much for your infos & help!
ive seen a couple of threads saying 1 PPM is best,
also with Canna Boost you need min 20 ml/L
so in 1 L theres 50 Applications min
if theres 0.5 PPB of TRIA per Application
that could work
you can use it all through flower, not just once or twice,
so maybe theres even less inside...
whot id still like to know is how much TRIA is in a handful/Cup
that i use for making tea...
and yeah Dish Soap is standard for Foliar--- thx

Latest posts

Latest posts