What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cancel Culture

Cannavore

Veteran
Yeah the ACLU , I lost respect for them when they had any reference of God stricken from schools in my state.

With Joe's two trillion,surely there would be a little fat in there to cover the cost of a real ID for these folks who somehow get through life without identification.

Aren't illegals given driver's licences

Your god doesn't belong in school.

The point is this happens. And making strict voter ID laws suppresses millions of people from being able to vote. 21 million suppressed votes vs 0.0003-0.0025% of proven voter fraud.

Cannavore

Veteran
this is quite amusing, people are mixing up boycots with cancel culture. but its even funnier when you read people saying, oh look cancelling such and such didnt work, its more prominent then ever.
literal right wing talking points you are spewing. they are the same thing.

the point is they tried to cancel a book, person, poem,video or movie. the fact that most right thinking people don't go along with the attempt, doesn't make the attempt ok.
lol what? who is they? do you mean private businesses making business decisions?

as for Gina, look up her actual words, before you buy into that attempt. you will find its quite different to what they say she said.

“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views”

and shes a transphobe

EshOf_EVcAARygm.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	EshOf_EVcAARygm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.8 KB ID:	17801406

Cannavore

Veteran
It’s an ideology (unless Im mistaken) that almost without exception ends with the state owning everything and a sadistic dictator at the helm...
Until you can square that reprehensible track record for me I’m gonna have to stay far away from supporting anything that would increase govt size and scope....

why do i need to justify communism when im not a communist? me pointing out that 99% of the people who post about commuism here on this forum don't know what theyre talking about doesnt mean i am a communist lol.

its pretty simple;

communism = no govt, no classes, no money, no private property, labor runs the economy

no country has ever achieved this. there are no prominent politicians or political parties in the US pushing for anything like this. early experiments of communism failed into totalitarian states before the ball even began rolling.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your god doesn't belong in school.

The point is this happens. And making strict voter ID laws suppresses millions of people from being able to vote. 21 million suppressed votes vs 0.0003-0.0025% of proven voter fraud.

My God.....give me a break,If there's 500 kids in a school ,and 1 is offended we all know what happens.Fuck Cancel Culture ,and that 1 offended little PC prick......but oh yeah,fuck the 499.
disgusting shitbags!hahahahaha burn their little ragtops and stick a foot in their ass.....ya know 'Spare the rod' thingy

Actually a social security card as well as an ID would be better.

I suggest Joe signs an executive order for all to have government issues ID's , Stacy 'babyback' Abrahms could oversee it.

mowood3479

Veteran
why do i need to justify communism when im not a communist? me pointing out that 99% of the people who post about commuism here on this forum don't know what theyre talking about doesnt mean i am a communist lol.

its pretty simple;

communism = no govt, no classes, no money, no private property, labor runs the economy

no country has ever achieved this. there are no prominent politicians or political parties in the US pushing for anything like this. early experiments of communism failed into totalitarian states before the ball even began rolling.

so ok, ur suggesting and an-com type of societal organization.
which I’d be supportive of I suppose (more so than our existing system).

Imho there is a vast difference between a collective and any of the “communist” states we have seen.
A legal monopoly on violence being the main thing.
I’ve seen state violence and it’s disgusting and evil Imo.

Cannavore

Veteran
once again... i am not a commie nor am i suggesting anything. i am giving you the accurate definition of communism.

lol

Cannavore

Veteran
My God.....give me a break,If there's 500 kids in a school ,and 1 is offended we all know what happens.Fuck Cancel Culture ,and that 1 offended little PC prick......but oh yeah,fuck the 499.
disgusting shitbags!hahahahaha burn their little ragtops and stick a foot in their ass.....ya know 'Spare the rod' thingy

Actually a social security card as well as an ID would be better.

I suggest Joe signs an executive order for all to have government issues ID's , Stacy 'babyback' Abrahms could oversee it.

okay boomer

mowood3479

Veteran
once again... i am not a commie nor am i suggesting anything. i am giving you the accurate definition of communism.

lol

I was trying to find middle ground but u insist on being a toolbox..... so true communism is so good... that no one has come even semi close to achieving it... it degenerates into a tyrannical state almost instantly.
that makes me feel loads better

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
literal right wing talking points you are spewing. they are the same thing.

lol what? who is they? do you mean private businesses making business decisions?

“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views”

and shes a transphobe

language isn't right wing or left wing, language just is what it is....

boycott: making use of your right to decide where to spend your money etc

cancel culture: deciding where other people can spend their money, basically getting a few screaming idiots together to shout and scream or drag down and beat a speaker, so they can't be heard by the majority who are there to listen

as for Gina, your take shows that you are spouting someone else's views on what she said. as for her being a transphobe thats libellous and you won't find any proof in any of her public statements. she has made her possition clear on this subject and has no issue with anyone going the trans route.

i know very well how a climate of hatred was promoted to the population of Germany, how the papers were demonizing the Jews as the cause of all the nations problems, how they betrayed the german people........funny how the msm is now busy saying the same kind of things about Trump supporters. how many years of hate will it take before the re education camps are introduced i wonder?

as for companies making decisions, how naive can you really be? you think they did that all by them selves? out of the blue? or maybe there was some cancel culture warrior on twitter telling them to or else?

i don't give damn about a kids book, but i do care about Books. cancelling Huck Fin will be next and thats akin to book burning and sacrilege. once you ban books you are on very thin ice imo and i don't really care who it is that promoting it, its wrong.

Last edited:

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
language isn't right wing or left wing, language just is what it is....

boycott: making use of your right to decide where to spend your money etc

cancel culture: deciding where other people can spend their money, basically getting a few screaming idiots together to shout and scream or drag down and beat a speaker, so they can't be heard by the majority who are there to listen

as for Gina, your take shows that you are spouting someone else's views on what she said. as for her being a transphobe thats libellous and you won't find any proof in any of her public statements. she has made her possition clear on this subject and has no issue with anyone going the trans route.

i know very well how a climate of hatred was promoted to the population of Germany, how the papers were demonizing the Jews as the cause of all the nations problems, how they betrayed the german people........funny how the msm is now busy saying the same kind of things about Trump supporters. how many years of hate will it take before the re education camps are introduced i wonder?

as for companies making decisions, how naive can you really be? you think they did that all by them selves? out of the blue? or maybe there was some cancel culture warrior on twitter telling them to or else?

i don't give damn about a kids book, but i do care about Books. cancelling Huck Fin will be next and thats akin to book burning and sacrilege. once you ban books you are on very thin ice imo and i don't really care who it is that promoting it, its wrong.

Truer words I've yet to hear.

mowood3479

Veteran

its pretty simple;

no country has ever achieved this..... early experiments of communism failed into totalitarian states before the ball even began rolling.

Totalitarian state is a short way to describe a very big problem.
imo u need to look at these failures more deeply...
or you can keep looking like a spoilt rich kid without a clue.

audiohi

Veteran

Nobody banned any books lately. Just like wedding cakes for gay people who wanted to buy them weren't banned.

How do you feel about someone not selling wedding cakes to someone who wants it? I bet you love that idea. Free market.

Anyway... If you want one of those six books that you've probably never read or heard of before, you can download a copy for free! Or, you can borrow one of the available copies from someone who already owns it. Better yet, you can turn to the free market and pay the current going rate! They're available, if you want one. But, you don't. You want to buy into a scary cancel culture.

How naive can a company be? Let's see. They announce that they won't re-issue some books that aren't selling (wise business decision) then skyrocket to the top lists with their remaining titles that people think they want all of the sudden. Who's naive? Who's buying all those copies? People who never read Seuss, or people who want to get their copies before they're "canceled"?

Side note. No one is preventing them from printing those books again if they feel they could make money on them. No one wants them. Something tells me the Seuss estate is enjoying the temporary explosion of sales knowing full well that their popular books will continue selling well into the future. Just like they always have.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
That poster must be old. Everybody know that Republicans are all about the union-busting.