What's new

Canadian Marijuana Market

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
expect a massive outdoor drought in cali

major drought problemas

med-man

Anybody else foresee a major price change around mid may?

Its hard to say. I'm thinking it wont go past 1800 in the lower main land. Will depend how fast the current stock is depleted. There's gonna be some desperate guys out there and the buyers know it so expect low balls for a at least through may.

Out east on both sides of the border is a huge market so will just have to wait and see.

outdoordreams

Rumors I hear point to European exports more than American exports.
Rumors I hear are there are some big grow shows going on vacation in April.
Rumors I hear is there is a 30 day supply. Good luck finding it mid May.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Good luck finding it in May...especially in places where 2-3yrs ago..good bud was scarce(non beaster)...

Gonna be a rough summer for the guys slinging grammers in front of Portage Place..lol

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it will def be interesting to see the battle of dlr vs cpl take place

i dont know if under aged high school kids will be able to smoke as much beasters as bc makes. the 100 year drought in cali should keep bc pretty high though to balance things out

med-man

it will def be interesting to see the battle of dlr vs cpl take place

i dont know if under aged high school kids will be able to smoke as much beasters as bc makes. the 100 year drought in cali should keep bc pretty high though to balance things out

med-man

I'm seeing lots of $160oz and starting to hear about $120-140 per oz. With the VPD leaving dispensaries alone that will be a big hit to LP's future customer list although I'd imagine dispensaries will lower their price a little.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good point buds

but expect cpls to lobby the gov't to shut them down sooner then later

med-man

J

j0yr1d3

Canada has a huge recreational market. There will ALWAYS be product to fill this need, regardless of what happens on the medical side. I self medicated for 14 years before becoming "legal", living in everything from tiny middle of nowhere towns to major cities. It was never too hard to find and usually cheaper than going through "legal" means. The only way they are ever going to get rid of the black market is full legalization for all, not half ass regulated bullshit "medical" reforms. Nobody can afford MMPR marijuana so the black market will be more than ok for a while.

outdoordreams

The Medical grows have been supplying a large percentage of the black market for a few years now.
Many large black market growers went legal, its a lot harder to switch back now.
I can see many licensed small personal growers growing past April 1st deadline, but many licensed guys with 1000 lights burning are planning to shut down april 1st. Unless the courts change things in less than 3 weeks now.
Lots of 40 lighter guys will be shutting down April 1st. or reducing grow sizes.

I have been interviewing many people. These are the trends I see.

Ras Mason

Veteran
i also see 20 to 60 lighter patients that on top of their own licences, will annex void licences to their spot and fight it in court if need be. Supplying 5 to 10 patients that cannot afford the ridiculous prices' ready to fight ready to bite.

Manstien

I guess a few more judges decision and a couple months time and we will see what the blackmarket and LP's can do for Canada....

Great thread and information guys - I guess it's time to wait now

growshopfrank

Veteran
round here seems everyone's strategy was to sit on their surplus in anticipation of a price increase starting around april 1
seeing as the anticipated price increase turned into a no show some folks are dumping product and lowering wholesale prices
retail is holding steady tho

I'm hearing guys getting 1100-1250 and a personal friend got 1400 for his. $1000-1050 is still the norm. There are a few guys that went for broke stock piling thinking they're gonna cash in but I they just got a reality check lol.

Everyone is waiting for babies so it'll be some time before the next crops come down. There's a 2-3 week wait list for clones atm.

Buddha1

Veteran
In BC...I can still buy a pound of AA & AAA for a $1000...But quads are $12-$1300.
Personally a triple is just fine with me...Don't have much interest in the quads anyways.

Peace...B

what about the pentas??

Pantas = Bug B Gone and Defender spayed and some Piperonyi Butoxide residue
Quads = Brix Plus shiny tops with one late flower spay of miticide
Trips = Top to middle mix with later flower spay of miticide and Nova
Dubs = All around mix with late flower spay of a miticide, Spinosad and nova or for a bonus a spray of Meltatox or a feeding of Monitor.