What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canadian Marijuana Market

VanCitysFinest

i have watched normal, happy healthy people turn into patients smoking too much extracts.

crack houses are more talkative and enlightening then watching a bunch or budder heads sit around comatose for days on end, challenging eachother to who can take the biggest hauls lol lol bags under the eyes, weight loss, depression etc etc

med-man

yeah the local "solvent goop" scene is quite depressing...

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey vancity

i have forgotten to add that in 1 year of a goop craze i have watched for friendship derail and trainwreck then 21 years of growing and watching those 'partnerships" unravel.

it is pretty funny to be honest, in a surprising way, watching these hipsters quaral over nothing but percieved problems, not real ones lol

med-man

bigbag

Veteran
trip all you want...solvent based concentrates aren't going away, as toke for toke, they rock you harder than pretty much anything... health issues aside. remember, there are "grease monkeys" who actually pull off straight up fire, for real. not every oil head is a noob ;) don't get me wrong tho, for flavour and purity nothing beats a good hand made hash

overbudjet

Veteran
not really, i'll rip a dab off the domeless nail and get baked as a monkeys ass, for hours...sometimes rip 2 in a session, rarely 3. but yeah, if I smoke a joint, i'll sometimes crave a BHO toke after because the buzz from flowers is so much more subtle. it can catch up to a guy tho, esp after a few brews, makes for early bedtime...;)
another thing that puzzles me is the water in my oil rigs doesn't stink like bong water. you can not change it out for days and it smells sweet ? seems like a pretty clean product I'm dabbin' on, esp the winterized sappy stuff

For me it smells like this
http://www.google.ca/imgres?client=...BwwCw&iact=rc&dur=1292&page=1&start=0&ndsp=20

bigbag

Veteran
my trim crew go hard in the paint...3 dabs before work and coffee/lunch break dabs and still giver sh!t, bullshitting the whole time and keeping up to the others

Yeah I wouldn't say its fair to generalize like that each person will react based on the way they act.you don't think a bunch of stoners smoking joints are anti social or have bags under their eyes lol

bigbag

Veteran
look at most any old pic of Marc Emery and the fool had some serious bags under his eyes, yet managed to get a sh!tload of work done...;)

bigbag

Veteran
just way more intense. like comparing having 4 beers over 2 hours to having 4 tequila shots in 2 mins...goes right to the brain. have heard of reverse tolerance in long time, heavy oil heads that get twisted again off of herb, cuz it's been so long...;)

blastfrompast

Veteran
I went thru a dab phase, lasted a couple months.....Now I might dab once a week, I do enjoy letting newb's dab for the first time....

They usually start off saying how clean, good it tastes...then they go fuzzy and quiet... All a friend could say was "Wow"...before he sat down... He took a week tolerance break before (cuba trip)...

Buddha1

Veteran
I must be really getting old...lol.

Back in the day(40 or so years back)...I loved a Bong hit or that huge hot-knife Hash hit, with some good quality putty Hash and I really thought oil, especially Honey Oil, was appsolutely the Greatest shit ever!...And every day, all day, was the only way to do it. There are so many ways to create Concentrates these days and they are all easily made at home. We had to purchase any and all Concentrates back in the 70's(home made was...Crap!).

But...

Like I said...Guess it'd be a young man's thing.

Today...At 60ish, I like to sip my Beer and Whiskey and enjoy the easiness of the day, by smoking a nice joint of something that taste and smells as good as it hits you. And when, me and the ol'lady get to going, I prefer the bottom(much less work...lol).

You guys enjoy your Concentrates and Gravity Bongs to get that intense chemical type high(Acid, Mescaline, Shrooms), with all its intesity...Me, I prefer the easier side of life, you can't beat the slower pace of calm.

Peace...B

Marco Renda

I have to admit that I rarely smoke joints anymore. I dab all day long and I love the feeling of being pain and nausea free. Cannabis is my medicine and which ever way I choose to use it... it works 100%!!!

I will be smoking joints on the beaches of Cancun Mexico for the next 2 months though as good quality budder / shatter is hard to find there.

Take Care and Peace
Marco

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
as a non canadian i hope prices go up and kick start your outdoor scene again, browsing the canadian forum use to require a box of kleenex.

Well as a Canadian I couldn't be happier that the prices have come down more to where it should be. There is not one bud here in BC that actually interests me unfortunately . Here in BC outdoor bud is not that great because of our weather. Otherwise out door would be growing everywhere. Putting our Gov on the cannabis job is imvho that worst idea any asshole could have come up with to date. Stay frosty headband 707
:biggrin:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I have to admit that I rarely smoke joints anymore. I dab all day long and I love the feeling of being pain and nausea free. Cannabis is my medicine and which ever way I choose to use it... it works 100%!!!

I will be smoking joints on the beaches of Cancun Mexico for the next 2 months though as good quality budder / shatter is hard to find there.

Take Care and Peace
Marco

Marco I actually would not recommend smoking on the beach in Mexico. I did this and I was told by my local friend this was not a good idea at all. They actually told me that if the cops come to your door just DO NOT OPEN it and you should be fine. I thought this was a crazy idea until I stayed there longer.Also good bud and Mexico are two words that barely go together lol.. Stay frosty bra headband 707:biggrin:

bigbag

Veteran
headband 707 please don't speak for all of BC in re to outdoor quality. the gulf islands and Vancouver island have plenty of very dank strains, many based on Texada Timewarp, that anybody thats' puffed will tell you it's as good as anything out there ! hippy islands like Lasquiti and Cortes have more well worked outdoor lines than you can shake a stick at . as well, on a good season, these areas enjoy a Mediterranean like climate. there are coastal micro climates that have very low annual precipitation. I've even seen prickly pear cacti on one island;) what is it that you seek, that's currently unavailable ? even tho it's primarily all kush, there are lot's of cultivars floating around BC

Last edited:
BigBag funny you said that. This summer I was working with this kid and he told me one of his teachers back in BC lived on texada and was the guy who created the strain.

How tough is BC on outdoor growing? Where the RCMP are I bet they don't take kindly to it? Would there be choppers searching those islands or the coast?

bigbag

Veteran
yes, it certainly was the "school teacher" who created Texada Timewarp, wayyyy back when. and yes, helicopters have been looking for coastal outdoor grows since the 80's and heavily since the 90's... they are seeing way less in the bush recently and are patting themselves on the back for the drop in #'s. but in reality, with little to no value for outdoor pot in BC, many growers have folded up the tent...
growing in BC is tough, in that the terrain can be very challenging, esp getting to remote patches that humans tend not to venture. our forest soil is very acidic so most dirt has to be hauled in. we pick on swamps and lake sides for unlimited water and set and forget type ops. raised beds work well for this. another good style, albeit labor intensive is setting up Cliffside gardens with rain catcher reservoirs and gravity feed...

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Marco I actually would not recommend smoking on the beach in Mexico. I did this and I was told by my local friend this was not a good idea at all. They actually told me that if the cops come to your door just DO NOT OPEN it and you should be fine. I thought this was a crazy idea until I stayed there longer.Also good bud and Mexico are two words that barely go together lol.. Stay frosty bra headband 707:biggrin:

hey dudes

actually, cancun has some dank kush. 250-350 usd for an ounce. green, no seeds, chronic afghani bud.

but this is a tourist hub with tourist markets, kush is pretty rare elsewhere

as well, i dont know if everyone forgot, but ,mexico lagalized every drug under 5 grams to personal use, so smoke away on the beach, just leave th bag at the hotel

med-man