What's new

Canadian Government to Privatize Medical growing (news link)

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
P.s what a week for B.c first they lose game 7 cup game 4-0 now this mmar bullshit, must be a full moon......
TS

mango420

more info here..from health canada..please send them your thoughts on this bs program...love how they drag childrens saftey into this..just rediculous..once again our govt is being influinced by the police and mayors that are completely retarted..and not the real canadians.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/media/nr-cp/_2011/2011_80-eng.php
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/media/nr-cp/_2011/2011_80bkr-eng.php
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/consultation/marihuana/_2011/program/index-eng.php

heres a more detailed look at the proposed regs.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/consultation/marihuana/_2011/program/consult-eng.php

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome!

I'll get a commercial production license no problem.

I hope they end the program tmrw.

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
Just sent em a promise to act like a criminal and plant 50 in bush if they insist on re-making me one by removing my PPL. I will self-provide NO MATTER WHAT, and ya do what ya gotta do!!!

(use the link, (3rd one posted above) & let your comments about this BS be heard/seen. tell em as it is - I did.)

I will NEVER buy my cannabis from a corp, especially for full street cost. Hell will ice over first! (while I dig potholes in the bush)

Peace

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
not really worried about it
health canada has been ordered to make changes for easier access not more difficult by the courts
so what's the big deal, it's just media,
until we see what these changes would be, then it's just politics

besides no company could provide all the necessary strains to patients,
if a company took control and people could not grow their own, you'd see law suit after law suit, because that would be less access not more as the courts have ordered

remember people only the courts matter and the global consensus is that less regulation is better than more ie Portugal and Holland...
I rest my case... no need to worry over an internet link, this is Canada not america

not really worried about it
health canada has been ordered to make changes for easier access not more difficult by the courts
so what's the big deal, it's just media,
until we see what these changes would be, then it's just politics

besides no company could provide all the necessary strains to patients,
if a company took control and people could not grow their own, you'd see law suit after law suit, because that would be less access not more as the courts have ordered

remember people only the courts matter and the global consensus is that less regulation is better than more ie Portugal and Holland...
I rest my case... no need to worry over an internet link, this is Canada not america

Health Canada is lookin to pass the buck and get out of the MMAR program instead of making the changes needed...

"Necessary strains" they will grow one high yeild low potency crap strain and that will be your medical marijuana...that's all "they" deem "necassary".

This WAS Canada...Frankly I'd rather be in the USA (never thought I'd say that!), move to a med state there are restrictions but atleast you can grow your own.

beanpopper33

I think that's the trend that will take over. When you know the trend is to medicalize and/or legalize the first obvious step for big business is to take it over.

myc

This WAS Canada...Frankly I'd rather be in the USA (never thought I'd say that!), move to a med state there are restrictions but atleast you can grow your own.

Well said.
I'm in the same boat.. I never thought i'd say it, but I'd rather be in the USA where people seem to still have some sort of shadow of rights.

O

OneTokeOver

Well said.
I'm in the same boat.. I never thought i'd say it, but I'd rather be in the USA where people seem to still have some sort of shadow of rights.

IDK, ever read the Patriot Act?

I was set to move down to join my brother in a business venture. Then 911 happened and the Patriot Act was created.

I read it, phoned my bro and told him he was on his own if he chose to stay. No way I was going to subject myself to that. Land of the Free?

We still got it better, for a while anyways.....

pho

This is fucking bullshit. I'm about ready to puke my guts out over this news. I'm so close to getting my medical marijuana license and this fucking bullshit rolls around.

If it weren't for family challenges I'd be growing my own again. I've fought the government, my family, fucking everyone to get this far and now when I'm just about ready to send in my papers this fucking shit comes along.

I don't know whether to slit my fucking wrists already or just grow like crazy and say FUCK IT!! If it does become privatized I'll find a way to get a license one way or another and I'll picket, scream, yell, revolt and write every cock sucker in the government that I can harass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snow Crash

Veteran
If you want to call it medicine then it needs to be produced in a healthy way.

I've been saying this for years... What other medication is grown in a dank basement? Subject to mold, pests, and other forms of disease? No oversight. No quality control.

I know it sounds bad for you DRUG DEALERS but for people who are actually hurting from their cancer treatments, or other debilitating REAL medical ailments, this is a step in the right direction and anyone in the Med community should have anticipated it for years.

This is 100% about growing healthy medicine with oversight and providing it to people who NEED it. So long as an individual can still grow his own then I don't see the problem. That is unless you're profiting from the current level of prohibition, which would make you just as much of a douchebag for taking money from sick people for medicine as the Gov't and big Pharma you protest.

O

OneTokeOver

Did you miss the part where you won't be able to grow your own and have to buy it from a commercial supplier?

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
After people who have the know how/ equipment to grow there own, not sure how they propose to make us buy it from these corp. commercial growers?the only way they would be able to sell it would be to produce a superior product cheaper then u can grow it, which probably aint gonna happen.
Ts

myc

If you want to call it medicine then it needs to be produced in a healthy way.

I've been saying this for years... What other medication is grown in a dank basement? Subject to mold, pests, and other forms of disease? No oversight. No quality control.

I know it sounds bad for you DRUG DEALERS but for people who are actually hurting from their cancer treatments, or other debilitating REAL medical ailments, this is a step in the right direction and anyone in the Med community should have anticipated it for years.

This is 100% about growing healthy medicine with oversight and providing it to people who NEED it. So long as an individual can still grow his own then I don't see the problem. That is unless you're profiting from the current level of prohibition, which would make you just as much of a douchebag for taking money from sick people for medicine as the Gov't and big Pharma you protest.

They won't be able to and that's the biggest problem. <edit>Dumbass.</edit>

Snow Crash

Veteran
And what is stopping you from producing cannabis while licensed in the private sector.

Also, notice the "Sources say." What sources? Are they reliable sources? Is it your grandmother's bridge club? Why aren't they named? What would be the harm?

Get yourself a real education and grow bud professionally. How would that be a bad thing? Sure, it's different, and we all know how scary something like change can be. But this doesn't need to be a bad thing even as an individual who is in this as a business. There's no talk about the price of the medicine, but as far as I know, medicine in Canada isn't exceptionally expensive. I don't see why prescribed cannabis would be different when they remove the "street value" aspect from the economy.

beanja

Its gonna go very bad, how can they leave it for the commercial growers to set the price ?Like Teemu said, its gotta be cheaper than producing yourself or no one is gonna buy from there supply. 100 dollars a pound for some good quality dank and i may follow the new system. No way in hell am i gonna pay street value .
There are people all over canada abusing the MMAR prog , just in my little town of 9000 i know of a few . One guy don't even use cannabis and got a license somehow. Another fellow i know uses his wifes MMAR license to supply his CRACK cocaine habit
and neither of the 2 use cannabis. Its being used in the wrong way and it makes me sick just thinking about it, every adult should be able to use cannabis , sick or not . This program is bullshit changes are definately needed . Legalize and move on!!