What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canadian exclusive strains/clones

yahooman

If you do a google search there are countless threads on you ripping people off...I guess they are all lies and you have never ripped anyone off or sold bunk seeds.
Get over yourself..God I hate thieves

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Yes, for now. For this dilemma to be solved would require the UN to dismantle or amend the 1961 Single Convention Treaty, and set a new global drug policy

We are minimum 5 years away from recreational use, international trade of Cannabis. I would wager 10 is even a stretch; these things take time.

Any Canadian gov worth its recognizes that Canada's current economic benefit replies on us being a net exporter of cannabis, not importer. They'll fight for treaties that benefit our net interests imo.

I share your pessimistic view. There is zero incentive for a CDN gov’t to allow imported cannabis. The door will remain shut for years to come.

MicroHaze

Steve Tuck brought the black tuna cut to Canada and into the hands of the bc medical community. There was a small group of breeders that consisted of both Canadian and American growers in the steve tuck/black tuna connection. The rest of your post is true to the story. The breeder's name was rocky mountain "something" …. I have forgotten
as far as I know, tuna kush is a black tuna cross. Maybe Charles Scott could clear that one up. I was under the impression tuna kush was his cross.
Tuna Kush is a lot more aromatic and stronger than the black tuna cut itself. I've worked with the original cut for several years and only recently completed a cubing process and a large batch of Black Tuna BX1 for the folks that brought me the cut for breeding.
My early grow threads on this forum have some nice examples of Black Tuna from clone to harvest.

Hi Tom,

Very much enjoyed your Black Tuna thread from a couple years ago. A lot of history in there. Any of the Black Tuna BX beans ever going to come up for auction?

And yeah I'd love to know if anyone here knows the story behind Tuna Kush. I think everyone agrees Black Tuna and Tuna Kush are different but possibly related?

Cheers.

Tynehead Tom

Hi Tom,

Very much enjoyed your Black Tuna thread from a couple years ago. A lot of history in there. Any of the Black Tuna BX beans ever going to come up for auction?

And yeah I'd love to know if anyone here knows the story behind Tuna Kush. I think everyone agrees Black Tuna and Tuna Kush are different but possibly related?

Cheers.

ya that was a fun grow for sure.
The BX isn't mine to release, I just provided the space and care for each step of the work involved. When the final work was done I handed over all but 50 beans to put into storage.

Not sure when Tuna Kush was first around but I remember getting it in fish tins in around 2005 and after. We were getting it from a long shoreman connection but after a while it was replaced by Rockstar and Pink. Tuna wasn't the only one to come in a fish tin either. All the bud from that group came in fish tins including the rock star and the Bubba D.

clearheaded

how does Aussie import Canadian bud? or I guess only rec you are saying as bedrocan sold dutch grown at the start of mmpr. I feel once they merge the medical and rec even more may be hard to distinguish and become defecto legal?

canadian crude
Manitoba poison
BC CHEMO
kootenay bud
bunker bud
Jean Guy
pink candy is Canadian??
purple fx
ben Johnson
donkey dick
mikado
endless sky
western winds. sorta??

Last edited:

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its kind of cute how some people only focus on a portion of the regulations then preach them like they are the only gospel known.....i do strongly urge people just read the cannabis act and get the facts for themselves...

the truth:
"non viable" hemp seeds can still be bought the sold. how does the crown prove they are non viable? they cant, thats why this portion of the law hasnt changed...

up to 30 cannabis seeds can be "gifted" to any other adult 19 or older. be smart, charge a shipping fee, consultation fee etc to get the seed sale value out of the deal and viola, business in canada just got better!

back to the original thread. i have an original road kill skunk i scored at the glass gathering in birken 2 years ago.....funniest thing about the cannabis market? these old timers had to call it "pink kush" to sell their packs....def. all good with me. this ancient little plant will be a game changer

MM

Thesearch

its kind of cute how some people only focus on a portion of the regulations then preach them like they are the only gospel known.....i do strongly urge people just read the cannabis act and get the facts for themselves...

the truth:
"non viable" hemp seeds can still be bought the sold. how does the crown prove they are non viable? they cant, thats why this portion of the law hasnt changed...

up to 30 cannabis seeds can be "gifted" to any other adult 19 or older. be smart, charge a shipping fee, consultation fee etc to get the seed sale value out of the deal and viola, business in canada just got better!

back to the original thread. i have an original road kill skunk i scored at the glass gathering in birken 2 years ago.....funniest thing about the cannabis market? these old timers had to call it "pink kush" to sell their packs....def. all good with me. this ancient little plant will be a game changer

MM

Thanks for the good info :) If you want to jump in and add any other Canadian strains I would love to hear whatever you have to say. Are you making those roadkill skunk seed/clones available to the public btw? Any crosses? I would love nothing more then to have access to that stink again. Just smoking some very gassy pink diesel, but not quite rks ;)

T

TheForgotten

Not sure when Tuna Kush was first around but I remember getting it in fish tins in around 2005 and after. We were getting it from a long shoreman connection but after a while it was replaced by Rockstar and Pink. Tuna wasn't the only one to come in a fish tin either. All the bud from that group came in fish tins including the rock star and the Bubba D.

I remember the Tuna late 90's/early 2000's, calling it Tuna Kush was partly the Budder King when Kush's started to be 'all the rage', great tasting strain, moderate potency (like Rene in both those aspects), needs an experienced hand in the growing department to be great IMO.
A longshoreman acquaintance of mine has one of the canners and pulls it out occasionally when some good bud wants a dramatic flair for it's release....

Del_9_THC

Island Sweet Skunk was a poor knock off of the original Sweet Skunk clone. René and Mighty Mite are missing from the list as well off the top of my head

Wrong!.....Island Sweet Skunk was some great bud, at least the Federation Seeds version.
It leant more heavily on the sativa side.....I didn't think it would be much, but I was impressed with it.....and that was about 20 years ago.

Also, it was definitely NOT an outdoor strain, unless you live in lattitudes under 33 degrees from the equator.....or unless you have a greenhouse and use light deprivation, because it would not finish before Late November in the northern hemisphere.

Del_9_THC

I remember the Tuna late 90's/early 2000's, calling it Tuna Kush was partly the Budder King when Kush's started to be 'all the rage', great tasting strain, moderate poten

If you know anything at all about west coast growing then you will know that kushes "started to be all the rage" in the late 1970's and early 1980's here, in BC.

Charles-scott

Veteran
No, it doesn’t work that way.

Foreign companies on HCs approved list of starting materials aren’t allowed to sell seeds retail in Canada. I know this for a fact as we have been exporting seeds to Canada for the last few years. Imported seeds or cannabis can’t be sold recreationally.

All cannabis products on retail shelves must be produced in Canada.

I am not selling retail seeds in Canada a LP is buying from the our company and selling them .

Charles-scott

Veteran
If you do a google search there are countless threads on you ripping people off...I guess they are all lies and you have never ripped anyone off or sold bunk seeds.

As I said in Pm I wrote that rerply before we talked This type of Drama is why I avoid forums , I grow a million seeds a quarter in 7 countries its too bad we can't all be nice .

If you do your research there is A FAKE reeferman Reeferman genetics not saying I have not had a issue here and there I have. not sold retail seeds in nearly a decade I suspect your reading the same shit about "reeferman " I get in angry emails they are also called old school Bullshit Assos

Thanks wishing you the very best

Charles

T

TheForgotten

Check yourself

Check yourself

Hey man,
Without being too negative, i'd suggest you form your own opinions and don't believe everything you read online.

I had an arguement with Reef back in the 2004/2006 era about strain lineage, and quickly was contacted by Green Mediocre, Vapor, C-ray and Vision Creator to come hang with them in person.
They told me how this was that, and that was the other, Reef was the bad guy, and yada yada yada. Turns out they set me up to get my strain (Watty Kush), badmouth Reef and stab me in the back for telling the truth about Marc Emery.

After all was said and done, the Reeferman issue paled in comparison to the lies they told about myself and Reef, the thievery they executed and helped their 'associates' execute upon me which included Reef's exclusive Cannabis Cup winning cut of Willie Nelson, not to mention the hypocrisy of my garden being filled with seeds from their hermie-prone Sweetskunk/Congolese/Kandahar strain.

So who's really the bad guy? I think we can all learn to be more hippie-ish and be nicer (especially online, where it's easy to be a douche), and judge others based on our own experiences, not by the words of others with questionable motives.

Charles has done more for the worldwide cannabis community than most....

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Wow people are being thrown under the proverbial bus legitimately (rightly so) left and right (over money supposedly). I haven't much to say, such publicity is not a positive review.

Wow people are being thrown under the proverbial bus legitimately (rightly so) left and right (over money supposedly). I haven't much to say, such publicity is not a positive review.

But when people are selling Port Alberni Pine bud as a BX romulan people might not understand what their buying:tiphat: