What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canadian exclusive strains/clones

Thesearch

But when people are selling Port Alberni Pine bud as a BX romulan people might not understand what their buying:tiphat:

I personally did not grow up in BC but have spent over 10 years there and not once had I heard of Port Alberni Pinebud or had a Romulan that didnt have that hawaiian punch/black pepper, pine, blueberry smell and flavour. The funny thing is that I'm not sure how to obtain those genetics. I am currwntly looking at the special romulan lovers pack from next generation seeds. Story goes their Romulan is either the same p1 as Federation had or it's Federation's bx to either white widow or white rhino (never had that cleared up) that they then used a blueberry male to bx to. So it is possibly port alberni pine bud w/blueberry and/or white widow or white rhino.... That is a convoluted genetic lineage already, but then, story goes that ngs original romulan offer was described as being fruity until people started talking about how romulan is supposed to be piney, at which point they apparently changed their descriptions. Now their site is virtually devoid of flavour and smell descriptors that would tell which version of romulan to expect. If anyone can help clear this up that would be helpful. Im thinking the blueberry punch, rom x grapefruit and rom x grapegod might be the best places to look for it over the f4 backcrosses they offer.
Honestly it's hard to take them seriously when they mispell romulan on their website... And consistently mispell hybrid as hybred... Kinda puts other things theyre saying into doubt. Not a lot of info on them here either.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-15-13-50-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-03-15-13-50-39.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 67

/Tron

I looked around for Romulan quite a bit as well.

I found:
Romulan Genetics @romulangenetics (IG)
romulan-genetics.weebly.com

Under Rom's History there's a good writeup on Port Alberni Pinebud, and Romulan.

Then Professor Sprout
lucky13seeds.com/romulan

And
BlackPackSeeds did some work with Port Alberni Pine Bud

Port Alberni Pinebud:
x Dragons Blood Hashplant F4
x 80s Skunk
x West Coast Warp (Named: Warbird V1)

@prometheusvault (IG) still has his work

Hope that helps

H G Griffin

I looked around for Romulan quite a bit as well.

I found:
Romulan Genetics @romulangenetics (IG)
romulan-genetics.weebly.com

Under Rom's History there's a good writeup on Port Alberni Pinebud, and Romulan.

Then Professor Sprout
lucky13seeds.com/romulan

And
BlackPackSeeds did some work with Port Alberni Pine Bud

Port Alberni Pinebud:
x Dragons Blood Hashplant F4
x 80s Skunk
x West Coast Warp (Named: Warbird V1)

@prometheusvault (IG) still has his work

Hope that helps

I grew out a few of the L13 Romulan but they were all male. Saved the pollen for the future. They were healthy, robust plants.

Grew out the L13 freebie White Wolf which has their Rom in it. The pheno I got is a beast indica. It's tasty and powerful.

Never grew any other Romulan, so I have nothing to compare L13 to.

/Tron

I grew out a few of the L13 Romulan but they were all male. Saved the pollen for the future. They were healthy, robust plants.

Grew out the L13 freebie White Wolf which has their Rom in it. The pheno I got is a beast indica. It's tasty and powerful.

Never grew any other Romulan, so I have nothing to compare L13 to.

I bought the Romulan for those freebies :).
Think about dusting the white wolf with your rom pollen?

BC*Dankster*

I scored some U.F.O. seeds from Coastal Seed company. It is a cross of Romulan and Northern lights # 1. The plants grow strong and produce huge buds! About the harvest today, so I hope there's something special in the bunch. Nothing really stands out to me as of now, but maybe once dried and cured that will change.

Hopefull Stoner

can u tell us about the results

can u tell us about the results

I scored some U.F.O. seeds from Coastal Seed company. It is a cross of Romulan and Northern lights # 1. The plants grow strong and produce huge buds! About the harvest today, so I hope there's something special in the bunch. Nothing really stands out to me as of now, but maybe once dried and cured that will change.

hey dude just wanted to get ur feedback and some pics if possible on the UFO u grew out. thx/

BC*Dankster*

The one pheno I kept was short and stout, super heavy yielding ( by looks) but had somewhat fluffy buds. Absolutely reeked of fruit, not sure which kind but its real real loud. Had lots of crystals, but wasn't a heavy hitter. Great daytime smoke, but didn't pack the punch of modern "Kush". I think its a romulan cutdated back to the 60's from nature farm gifted or traded to coastal seeds? x with northern lights 1. I will post a photo or two soon, sorry for the long delay

H G Griffin

I bought the Romulan for those freebies :).
Think about dusting the white wolf with your rom pollen?

Just saw this.

The Rom pollen is still in the freezer. I wasn't going to start using it in crosses until I've harvested a female or two to check out, not even in a backcross.

I finally got back to this strain and I have a female in flower. Very stout and bushy, no real smell yet. It's still stretching.

need4weed

Veteran
LUI (legends ultimate indica) is missing from the list, although it was created in Switzerland by Canadian breeders but then incredibly popular among Canadian croppers. So have fun figuring out if that fits the criteria, Moutain Jam came from the same breeder though (Legend Seeds) so it probably should.

Dman's Super Silver Spice, Black Spice and Orange Spice were all popular on Cbay back in the day and had cult like followings from those that grew them.

Then there's Dr Greenthumb and his Endless Sky seeds or Iranian Indica mom, which is still some of the best weed I've smoked to this day.
@Somatek how long ago was it that you tried the ES? I remember people raving about it years ago but apparently it's not what it used to be

need4weed

Veteran
Well, it's a good fake because it certainly doesn't suck. :rasta:

I would love the opportunity to grow your current iteration at some point. I will watch for your PK seeds.
Old thread I know, but someone has just done a side by side grow of Barney's and RM's, both looked excellent and there wasn't a real discernable difference in quality. Barney's yielded more and reefers had more flavour

Somatek

Almost 20 years ago, I grew his Iranian cut longer then E.S. though which is what I was referring to. Endless Sky was a great commercial variety for it's time and did well outdoors, much bigger buds then Iranian but it was just a special plant with a sickly sweet rotten fruit smell and a stone that laid people out.

need4weed

Veteran
Almost 20 years ago, I grew his Iranian cut longer then E.S. though which is what I was referring to. Endless Sky was a great commercial variety for it's time and did well outdoors, much bigger buds then Iranian but it was just a special plant with a sickly sweet rotten fruit smell and a stone that laid people out.
Would be interesting to see what people think of it nowadays

Somatek

Would be interesting to see what people think of it nowadays
Personally I haven't noticed much difference between top grade bud from days of yore vs modern weed. On average the quality has gone up considerably but at the top end I don't see as much diversity since OG Kush dominated the market.

little-soldier

You can add red rooster and bubblegum to the list.
Although im sure bubblegum was just a made up name for the outdoor strain we used to grow here in quebec. It tasted nothing like bubblegum but it was very tasty.