What's new

can you roll?

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
LMAO
use to roll em and put a "filter" in cause my roommates bud did it meant no roach or need of a roach clip, my zig-zags and matches always looked like something chewed on them .. dont any more i just eat the roach or stash it.

got a friend smokes with a roach clip its good for passin round, reminds me of the old days. best if theyre simple. i also gained an appreciation for the roach motel :rasta:

Last edited:

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
got a friend smokes with a roach clip its good for passin round, reminds me of the old days. best if theyre simple.

...it don't get any simplier than a electrical alligator clip on a leather strip with a pink feather on the end... :kos:

Last edited:
G

I remember when my friend came by with an oz and half and wanted to roll it all up in one j ha. so I get 2 packs of extra large zig zags . since that was the biggest we could get in a hurry. and it took like 80 of those to roll it ha. Took about 5 hours to smoke between 2 people.

daddy fingaz

FreezerBoy [url=http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/35769IC_6-03-8-RJ1.jpg said:
35769IC_6-03-8-RJ1-thumb.jpg
[/url]

Isnt that what your misses uses when the painters are in !?? hehe !!

cant beat a proper fat cone, dutch style!! --> :joint:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't you guys call them roaches too? You get a bit of card and roll it up and it goes in the end of the joint.

I've never understood people who don't use em - even if you have the driest of dry lips you still end up with a hard to hold/hard to draw end of joint and you waste weed when you have to put it out.

You can buy packs of them for rolling with, some come built into packs of skins. Here they are along the bottom.

I guess it's just preference.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Sammet said:
Don't you guys call them roaches too?
You'll have to forgive us ignorant colonists who've mangled your language. Stateside, a roach is the unsmoked portion of a joint. Cardboard, filters and spacers are, well, cardboard, filters and spacers. We mean well but, heck, we can't even pronounce al-you-miny-um.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's alright, we'll let you off with a warning this time. Just don't do it again or we'll send the redcoats round :wink:

daddy fingaz

lol ...'Hey dude do you have any cardboard spacer material i can use for my joint!?'

Can someone please post a pic of a 'roach clip' bizzarely i have never actually seen one, forgive my ignorance i had always presumed a roach over the pond was the same as it is here !!

Sammet that is a nice example of a proper reefer, well done son!

:joint:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
'Dude, you wanna put WHAT in my joint? Smoke it or eat it.' I still remember the first time I heard an expatriate Brit exclaim he had to go pinch some fags. Anyway, I always thought the difference between a joint and a spliff was the shape. Joints were cylinders and spliffs were cones ... what do I know?

Here on the left side of the pond, many save roaches. Broken open, the leftover roachweed is collected and rerolled. Roach clips were quite an artform in the 60s-70s. Mines rather plain. I've seen birds, ballerinas, flowers ...

... edit ... flip photo 90 degrees ...

D'oh! After over 30 years, I've just noticed. Looked at this way, it kinda looks like one of OUR flowers.

Last edited:

daddy fingaz

so are these generally home made or is it possible to buy them?

Freezerboy they look almost a bit painful, some some sort of medical tool hehe !

flubnutz a nice example there again is that home made from a crocodile clip by your own fair hand !?

Perpetual Nooch

I never could roll a good J either. They all turned out like yours. Then someone showed me a trick. Just picture two mountains with a valley in between.

Pile your weed in the paper like that. By the time your done rolling it has migrated to the middle and evened out the joint.

Now my joints are almost perfectly straight. Try it out. I'm not joking.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
daddy fingaz thats just an example i scooped. i liked the look of it, the bead work is nice, plenty to grip but fits in the pocket. i think theyre not as popular now because of anti drug paraphernalia laws but theyre still everywhere. freezerboy that almost looks like silver, the metalwork ones are nice :rasta:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
daddy fingaz said:
Freezerboy they look almost a bit painful, some some sort of medical tool hehe !
LOL! Actually, hemostats are quite popular among the doctor and nurse crowd. I suppose they still sell roach clips somewhere but, these days it's easier to find a Record store than a Head Shop.

Flub,
I think the solder is silver solder. The rest is (I guess) brass except the retaining ring. The original broke off so I wrapped a paper clip around the stems.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I tend to smoke a lot of joints around the house and if I sat down to smoke and finish them all I wouldnt get anything done. I also found out if I leave a roach on my lips too long it starts a caustic like burn. I tried the cardboard filters and even those would resie up on the outside and burn my lips if left too long.

So many years ago I took a fresh McDonalds straw and cut off an inch of it and shoved the joint in there. All I wanted to do was keep the resiny part of the joint off my lips when it would go out. Not only did it do that really well but it also made it much easier to get bigger and better carb'ed hits off the joint. All you need to do is make sure the joint end you straw is crimped so the pot securely stays in the joint.

Works for me cause I dont smoke the joint beyond that. The rest gets tossed in the roachie bag. Once in a blue moon I lose track of where the joints at and I fuse the roach to the plastic straw.

G

when I was in long beach I went to Chinatown and got some glass cigarettes holder thing. I used it as a one hitter sometimes, but works great to put your joint in there and smoke.

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
LOL i just remembered smokin the doob down to a small roach on the clip, you try to squeeze in that last toke and the heater flies off into your mouth, yaagh :bashhead:

hazy

Veteran
Speaking of medical instruments. Nothing like a pair of hemostats for a clip.

roach-clip.jpg

Right on Verite, I used to have a 'stone'. they were very trendy in the late 70s early 80s. Stylishly did what your straw did. They were awesome.
smokestones-2-1.jpg

oh mr jack cravelle. Don't be calling people dumbfucks just because they don't use a crutch like the Dutch. We also knew you weren't talking about fiber cig filters. By the way, I first saw a 'crutch' / 'filter' way back in 1977 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We called 'em roaches first and made we filters first. We just don't like 'em. We like clips and stones and such.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts