What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can we discuss bubblegum?

grayeyes

Forget BOG. What you want tastes like the bubblegum that was found in the old baseball cards, TOPP gum. That is what is supposed to taste like.

You can find it at HoliMoli.com.

OZZ_

Veteran
Dear OZZ, They are 3 gallon airpots, I'm retiring them after 3 grows, those pots now contain my wife's flowers. I ended up not liking them, too wide, I could only fill my space with 9 pots and no room to move them around under the lights. Two lights both 400 watt one MH, one HPS. I use organic potting soil, various brands, add some perlite and garden lime to soil mix. I have switched from fox farm( too many bottles and boosters) and now only use Maxigrow and Maxibloom as additional feed. Much more simple . Vegged for 6 to 7 weeks then flowered, topped plants once or twice in veg. I will use non airpots, 3 gallons for my next grow, I have some Indiana bubblegum seeds left, but I recently splurged for some Nirvana Durban Poison, AK48, skywalker OG and northern Lights. MY limit is 9 plants per grow. I start up in the fall finish the grow in late winter then shut down. Can't smoke all I grow so my sons get some free ganja on occassion. Hope I can watch your Indiana Bubblegum grow on here. Best of luck with your crop.

Thanks for the in-depth explanation. They are much of the same elementary questions but I always like to know the details of how certain plants were grown.

I’ll be sure to post up when the time comes, lots of stuff in the lineup though ;)

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey peeps! Has anyone grown CSI Humboldt Indiana Bubblegum S1 I'm thinking of grabbing a pack but cant find any grow reports & conclusions on it?
Edit: I just ordered a pack also found a much bigger CSI thread on another forum that was helpful hope this thread continues to grow though

Last edited:

mexweed

Veteran
has anyone tried any of the orange bubblegum that's out, I think it's orange crushXbubblegum, but something that smells like the orange ajax dish soap would be amazing

Little pig

We grew a seed in 94 that come from northern ky called juicy fruit.Very squat looked 100% Indica with short dark green leaves and dark red hairs.The moat amazing taste I’ve ever had and super potent.I wouldn’t say it tasted exactly like bubblegum but more a very sweet hash.ive often wondered if it was breed to a Thai or some other Sativa to make bubblegum.

clearheaded

Sensi wld leaner fruity juice perhaps. It is a thai cross already. Bubblegum in phylos may shed light? But i would suspect ur correct bg is a highbred indian thai sweeter ghani var like shishkiberry sweet aspect.. just wild guess

Cannabologist

Veteran
Phylos is a joke. Their galaxy can't be trusted for anything, unfortunately.

Using bare bones pedigree analysis from a website like **********.eu is probably the best bet for discerning bubblegum strain heritages, but also has to be taken with a grain of salt because clones and strains are often simply renamed.

So, again when we're talking about what it is and where it came from, we have to get specific, and I imagine we're all not talking about the Adam Dunn 93' gum, but something older... Ie. the alleged Silverback Bubble Gum.

I've been gathering a comprehensive history, and the truth is everything is theorized and everything is speculation.

Firstly, and this is a big issue, is that cannabis has a spectrum of traits, and its possible that bubblegum like flavors can come up in other lines via selection...

But.. They aren't gonna look like Gum. Bubble Gum has very distinct morphological features that anyone experienced with it and it's offspring can see it immediately, even in veg. She's easy to spot vs other clones or varieties.

So there's that. Which is good.

Now, hahah haha. ha. What is the "true" Bubble Gum clone mom... cause I assure you there's "Indiana" Bubblegum and then there's THE Bubble Gum, which is supposedly Silverback's. And they ARE different in morphology. Related for sure, but one came from another somewhere along the line. They are not the same cut. The Indiana cut has wider leaves and purples much easier, with differing bud structures, ... and not as good a high. Which is why I use subtle but different variations of Bubblegum or Bubble Gum to denote the differences between cuts...

To give a short pedigree....

Silverback/Indiana Gum>> supposedly made in 1971, alleged from a cross of an 1968 Afghani and 1970 Mexican hybrid.

Nevil claims its NL#5 x Big Bud Skunk which essentially is >> [Afghani x (Colombian x Mexican)]x(?? Colombian?? x Mexican selection)

And finally Adam Dunn's comes from somewhere USA, Indiana, Chicago, Rhode Island?? Got in 90ish, planted in 91-92, and won in 93... the 93 gum was crossed with an Afghan male (and another "sativa" male) and seeds made.

I've had another story from a guy who knows the people that its not Afghani at all, but Colombian and Thai....

The Thai/Colombian heritage actually makes more sense, you see a lot of those Thai (and Colombian) traits in the leaf serrations on crosses/incrosses and so forth. Mexican plants also exhibit this trait... Which, all makes sense anyway, as I believe Colombian and Mexican varieties actually have their roots in Thai genetics if my brain is remembering what I can of history..

But now that's the hard part.. if Mexican is in there, which is Thai, then that's going to come up, and if there's been incrossing with Afghani...

The cool thing is with good genetic testing, and more comprehensive databases like the ones Medicinal Genomics is trying to build, might elucidate the answer and we can tease out the heritage of this strain. But that's a lot more questions if such science can answer.

In other words just keep tight, I'm working on it, let science and historical ecology do it's thing and keep the rumor mill low..

rolandomota

Veteran
How often do you guys chew original flavor bubble gum? What if you take a banana and strawberry strain and cross them? They are the flavors in original bubblegum supposedly the chewing kind not weed kind.
It's crazy how we flavor and smell chase. I thought I read that the bubble gum was a Mexican crossed to im not sure what. Where did I see that? Big book of buds? I'm not sure I think it was the serious seeds version

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
CSI hooked it up! I can't wait to run the Uzbeki in the future also maybe cross it to Taskenti but first i'll be starting a few Bubblegum.
picture.php

draztik

Veteran
CSI hooked it up! I can't wait to run the Uzbeki in the future also maybe cross it to Taskenti but first i'll be starting a few Bubblegum.
View Image
I used to have the clone only know as the Indiana Bubblegum clone. It is the same clone that Nspecta used in this cross, I lost the cut years ago but she smells dead on pink bubblegum. I grew these out and I currently have six phenos, each one is different, 3 have the potential to be as close as you will ever get in seed to the original. All at week 7 right now. Very nice genetics, I'm about to grab another pack because the plants are very nice. The original clone has very unique fan leaves, so unique you would be able to pick her out of a room filled with different plants. I have seen very similar leaves as the mother in these S1's. I know the original clone very well if you have any questions.

Bud Jones

I’d love to talk about Bubblegum .. My partners in a collab are Miraculous Meds and Two Trees ... Two Trees used to own the Grey Area and worked with Simon from Serious Seeds, He also started Cerebral seeds in Amsterdam... He So technically it will be an improved Bubbleberry . Do to our mutual agreement, we won’t be calling it that, Tony from Sagarmatha used the name , this is an original project so the seed line will possibly be called Berry Bubble??

Realistically we won’t release this line until we thoroughly test to assure stability etc .. For the record, the original Bubblegum isn’t from Indiana, it’s from Rhode Island , the cup winning Bubblegum cut was a pheno of Sensi Star ?? kept the clone that won the Cannabis cut since 93...

So fast forward to the the first Covid lockdown , I kicked around the idea to Two Trees to do a project with me with his Bubblegum cut, we both have a nice library of old Dutch genetics so the synergy was there and he agreed to some hybrid work with me...

So I’ve always been a fan of DJ Shorts work and while I was browsing here on ICMAG, I noticed how beautiful Miraculous Med’s work with DJ’s genetics was .. I reached out to him to ask him if he was open to doing a colab with us with our Bubblegum cut, the three of us had detailed dialog about the male pollen donor, we mutually agreed to to use DJ’s 95 Blueberry male to recreate Bubbleberry, with DJ’s green light of course to use his male for hybrid work...

So technically it will be an improved Bubbleberry . Do to our mutual agreement, we won’t be calling it that, Tony from Sagarmatha used the name , this is an original project so the seed line will possibly be called Berry Bubble??

Realistically we won’t release this line until we thoroughly test to assure stability etc .. For the record, the original Bubblegum isn’t from Indiana, it’s from Rhode Island , the cup winning Bubblegum cut was a pheno of Sensi Star.

draztik

Veteran
I’d love to talk about Bubblegum .. My partners in a collab are Miraculous Meds and Two Trees ... Two Trees used to own the Grey Area and worked with Simon from Serious Seeds, He also started Cerebral seeds in Amsterdam... He So technically it will be an improved Bubbleberry . Do to our mutual agreement, we won’t be calling it that, Tony from Sagarmatha used the name , this is an original project so the seed line will possibly be called Berry Bubble??

Realistically we won’t release this line until we thoroughly test to assure stability etc .. For the record, the original Bubblegum isn’t from Indiana, it’s from Rhode Island , the cup winning Bubblegum cut was a pheno of Sensi Star ?? kept the clone that won the Cannabis cut since 93...

So fast forward to the the first Covid lockdown , I kicked around the idea to Two Trees to do a project with me with his Bubblegum cut, we both have a nice library of old Dutch genetics so the synergy was there and he agreed to some hybrid work with me...

So I’ve always been a fan of DJ Shorts work and while I was browsing here on ICMAG, I noticed how beautiful Miraculous Med’s work with DJ’s genetics was .. I reached out to him to ask him if he was open to doing a colab with us with our Bubblegum cut, the three of us had detailed dialog about the male pollen donor, we mutually agreed to to use DJ’s 95 Blueberry male to recreate Bubbleberry, with DJ’s green light of course to use his male for hybrid work...

So technically it will be an improved Bubbleberry . Do to our mutual agreement, we won’t be calling it that, Tony from Sagarmatha used the name , this is an original project so the seed line will possibly be called Berry Bubble??

Realistically we won’t release this line until we thoroughly test to assure stability etc .. For the record, the original Bubblegum isn’t from Indiana, it’s from Rhode Island , the cup winning Bubblegum cut was a pheno of Sensi Star.
Yo your going to confuse the fuck out of people with your post about the "original" bubblegum not being from Indiana and it's a sensi star pheno from Rhode Island. Your mixing two completely different strains and backgrounds into your story. I'm sure you have a '93 Sensi Star pheno that's the original bubblegum from Rhode Island but it's not the Indiana Bubblegum clone that existed before you guys called what you found Bubblegum. The Bubblegum smell and flavor isn't that rare in cannabis But to call yours the original is an insult to the work that was done on the Indiana clone. That shit is in IBL true breeder. I'm not saying your story isn't legit, I'm saying there,s more stories to the Bubblegum and it aint as simple as a Sensi Star pheno.

draztik

Veteran

I need to call this bullshit story out, this whole post about the history of Bubblegum is total bullshit don't listen to this dude.

'Boogieman'

I live in Indiana but didn't smoke until the early 2000's. We got bubblegum a lot when I first started smoking, I don't think it was from clone though because the smell ranged depending on the batch. Some smelled like bubblegum while others had a different smell that is hard to describe. It was very sticky compared to weed I get today and had a very nice happy buzz. I always thought it was related to blueberry.

J-Icky

Ok so I’m kinda confused. This project you’re working, besides middleman what exactly are you contributing? It’s one guys BG clone and another’s BB pollen correct?

Sounds like it’s those 2 guys project and you’re just a tester of sorts.

Bud Jones

Ok so I’m kinda confused. This project you’re working, besides middleman what exactly are you contributing? It’s one guys BG clone and another’s BB pollen correct?

Sounds like it’s those 2 guys project and you’re just a tester of sorts.
No it’s a collab ... Once the first seed increase is done, the three of us will test the offspring and collectively select the parents of the next generation.. It’s quite simple .

Cannabologist

Veteran
^^ He's referring to my post where I lay out a basic history of the Bubblegum Line

Adam Dunn originally was clear that the BG seeds he had taken to Amsterdam came from Indiana. Later on the story changes and the seeds come from RI after talking to the guy, who claims he made a mistake... BUT, the pot, also, apparently was not from RI, but Chicago..

Really what you see is time playing telephone and the story becoming changed and muddled to almost meaninglessness.

We're still trying to track down a history of Silverback and his Bubblegum (clone) and where that comes in to play.

Bud Jones

^^ He's referring to my post where I lay out a basic history of the Bubblegum Line

Adam Dunn originally was clear that the BG seeds he had taken to Amsterdam came from Indiana. Later on the story changes and the seeds come from RI after talking to the guy, who claims he made a mistake... BUT, the pot, also, apparently was not from RI, but Chicago..

Really what you see is time playing telephone and the story becoming changed and muddled to almost meaninglessness.

We're still trying to track down a history of Silverback and his Bubblegum (clone) and where that comes in to play.
I get what you’re saying , I’m close to Will, I have a trust relationship with him and I have no reason to doubt the origins ... Can’t speak for others... The final offspring will speak for itself after testing is done, as I said before the pollen donor will be DJ’s 1995 Blueberry, with his approval to use that male for hybrid work .. Cheers ?

Latest posts

Latest posts