What's new

Can we discuss bubblegum?

Mr.Revolution

Popped 4 mosca bubblegum S1s and got 4 different phenos. 2 are very similar to each other and are the bubblegumyest ones but 1 is more so than the other. The 3rd one smells like lucky charms cereal and fruity pebbles cereal and candy. The 4th has a slight sweet pink gum smell. It grows more like a sativa dominate hybrid. It showed about 2 weeks after the others. Got about 2 weeks left before chop

bigAl25

Veteran
Dear OZZ, They are 3 gallon airpots, I'm retiring them after 3 grows, those pots now contain my wife's flowers. I ended up not liking them, too wide, I could only fill my space with 9 pots and no room to move them around under the lights. Two lights both 400 watt one MH, one HPS. I use organic potting soil, various brands, add some perlite and garden lime to soil mix. I have switched from fox farm( too many bottles and boosters) and now only use Maxigrow and Maxibloom as additional feed. Much more simple . Vegged for 6 to 7 weeks then flowered, topped plants once or twice in veg. I will use non airpots, 3 gallons for my next grow, I have some Indiana bubblegum seeds left, but I recently splurged for some Nirvana Durban Poison, AK48, skywalker OG and northern Lights. MY limit is 9 plants per grow. I start up in the fall finish the grow in late winter then shut down. Can't smoke all I grow so my sons get some free ganja on occassion. Hope I can watch your Indiana Bubblegum grow on here. Best of luck with your crop.

Mr.Revolution

Sounds good :)
Any chance of some pictures?

My pics never turn out good.
Pheno 1 bubblegum smelling more like big league chew.

20200726_124257.jpg

20200726_122406.jpg

20200726_122439.jpg

20200726_122444.jpg

Mr.Revolution

Pheno 4 was a mutant trifoliate. Its smells slightly of sweet pink baseball card bubblegum type smell mixed with the smell you get from weeds that remind you of Ganja By far the least intense smells of the bunch and sativa hybrid growth. Was the last to flower by 2 weeks.

root bulge

20200726_123810.jpg

20200726_123843.jpg

20200726_123830.jpg

They haven't had the best life. But I took clones of all and plan to he more attentive next go round.
All of them have a couple lower branches I pollinated which was my real goal

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Nice run down Mr. Revolution, thanks for sharing :)

I’ve got a pack of these coming..

Nannymouse

Well, i read the thread to about page 30. A few of us got bubblegum seed way back in the early 2000's from A Merry Caner, from one of the first years that whitelabel had offered. BOG may have gotten his starters from that batch, i dunno, he ran in the same trader crowd. Anyway, mouse made a big chuck and sent seeds to be given away, but don't know how many got gifted, cuz the site started to falter and rather than have the remaining seeds dissapear, i asked for them back, felt bad about that.

Anyway, lo, ran into what was left of the ORIGINAL pack and sent half of what was left to a fella in Florida, and i cracked five, two made it. Sexing now, and the fla guy got a couple to grow,too. So, there MAY be a return of those form the early WL days.

I can say they were the loudest bubblegum aroma...the day that they went into flower, i opened the basement door and couldn't slam it shut fast enough, as the odor was huge. And this from tiny plants, being grown under an old shop light. Tasted...sort of dissapointing, compared to odor, but super sweet powdered sugar was left on lips. High was nice, could work and maintain, i guess today, we'd call it a daytime strain, sort of a daydreamy thing. REALLY good choice for breeding, if looking for hard nugs and ease of grow. The flavor maybe would have been better if going organic dirt. Was using perlite, at the time. Don't recall what was the feed, mouse never did do anything the same way twice. Would love to see it crossed with chocolate trip and other stuff.

prune

Veteran
Just for posterity's sake, I recently read a chef's recipe for making homemade bubblegum flavor and it was rather interesting.
Mostly vanilla and banana with a touch of both orange and lemon...

Prodigygrower

Veteran
I got a line on a cut an old head has had here in the Midwest for the last 15 years or so. Hopefully I’ll get the cut soon. I don’t have a lot of info in her yet but if he’s held it for this long it should be pretty good you would think lol.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Yeah nannymouse you describe the original WL releases to a T..petit plants broad leaf, very quick to flower, loud bubblegum smell, sweet sweet fruity flowery flavour and daytime functional smoke, the girls loved it, was always a crowd fav. Plants be resined to the max and also very uniform from seed from WL, grow ten plants and they be much over muchness, so close..the most recent post 2010 release i grew seemed like and f2 of that, every plant under the sun coming out from long flowering pink haired sativas to indi plants with no bubblegum to wierd weak hybrid types that were very mold susceptible that had some remnants of the bubblegum flavour but volume 1/10 of original release, keeper was the long flower sativa lol that was more like a south american haze ! Miss that old bubblegum among others.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Has anyone grown out BOGs Bog Bubble recently? Has he managed to preserve anything of this fabled White Label line?

B

Benny106

Has anyone grown out BOGs Bog Bubble recently? Has he managed to preserve anything of this fabled White Label line?

This has been something i have wondered since BOG moved to cali, even started a thread and had 0 response if i remember right.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
The only thing I can remember from the few grows I saw of it here was that the line had a tendency to hermi.

This was back in the day when people used to call blue murder if a ‘female’ plant showed a ball sack.

Latest posts

Latest posts