What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can we discuss bubblegum?

Happy Times

I’d love to talk about Bubblegum .. My partners in a collab are Miraculous Meds and Two Trees ... Two Trees used to own the Grey Area and worked with Simon from Serious Seeds, He also started Cerebral seeds in Amsterdam... He So technically it will be an improved Bubbleberry . Do to our mutual agreement, we won’t be calling it that, Tony from Sagarmatha used the name , this is an original project so the seed line will possibly be called Berry Bubble??

Realistically we won’t release this line until we thoroughly test to assure stability etc .. For the record, the original Bubblegum isn’t from Indiana, it’s from Rhode Island , the cup winning Bubblegum cut was a pheno of Sensi Star ?? kept the clone that won the Cannabis cut since 93...

So fast forward to the the first Covid lockdown , I kicked around the idea to Two Trees to do a project with me with his Bubblegum cut, we both have a nice library of old Dutch genetics so the synergy was there and he agreed to some hybrid work with me...

So I’ve always been a fan of DJ Shorts work and while I was browsing here on ICMAG, I noticed how beautiful Miraculous Med’s work with DJ’s genetics was .. I reached out to him to ask him if he was open to doing a colab with us with our Bubblegum cut, the three of us had detailed dialog about the male pollen donor, we mutually agreed to to use DJ’s 95 Blueberry male to recreate Bubbleberry, with DJ’s green light of course to use his male for hybrid work...

So technically it will be an improved Bubbleberry . Do to our mutual agreement, we won’t be calling it that, Tony from Sagarmatha used the name , this is an original project so the seed line will possibly be called Berry Bubble??

Realistically we won’t release this line until we thoroughly test to assure stability etc .. For the record, the original Bubblegum isn’t from Indiana, it’s from Rhode Island , the cup winning Bubblegum cut was a pheno of Sensi Star.

Good luck Bud, gonna be some fun hunting in those seeds!

Some of my fave ever bud was Bubbleberry from Sag that an old roomie picked up seeds of in the Dam’ around 96’ ish. Sure was nice of him to make that stop and bring em back to America

Cannabologist

Veteran
Origins how? That its a sensi star seed? That it came from RI?

What's this guy Will's story (Will who???)

You can take seeds of a Bubble Gum line, grow them out, self and cross and all that, and select for sweet, bubblegummy flavors.

If you look at a lot of pedigrees you will find a lot of Bubblegum... BG is a basis for Gorilla Glue. I didn't know that until recently... So no matter what you're gonna likely find BG traits (and genes) in a lot of strains...

Especially since it's allegedly been around since the 70s.

I've had people contact me and say "oh i know the guy who created the original BG"... But ok, they cant produce any pictures, they can't show me any good proof, but they do want their hands on what was apparently lost.

My opinion is, the closer to the "real" (ie. older, original Bubble Gum) that you are, the more variable your seeds will be, as the Bubble Gum clone was a cross, and it is subsequent incrossing that has led to other clone/seed lines with stronger, and more persistent bubblegum flavors from selection for this trait...

This though, has led to subsequent bubblegum lines lacking ITS DISTINCT AMAZING HIGH... Because Bubble Gum is not just the flavor, it's the God damn amazing high. The further you get from the original, the less selection you see for the high Bubble Gum should have. So you can get some really tasty smoke, but because it lacks potency, people often don't keep the bubblegum seeds they grow out in their stable.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Canna... on that hand written note on the 1st page of the Glue thread... thats where it says Sour Bubble (inbred bubblegum).. is that what your talking about?

Cannabologist

Veteran
Info on Silverback and Bubblegum
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=137111

Thread with good info on the Indiana Bubblegum clone
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=103749

Here's the cut almost finished
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=226145
its amazing how when i use thread and post search functions what doesnt come up for me. A couple of those would have been helpful.. I had seen the thread where Silverback had died, and it is one of the primary sources for a lot of the information I draw on. I had not seen Lifeless's threads. Are there any other threads that you know where people claim to have gotten Silverback's cut?

Or , AHAHAhahha.. The [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]grapepunched cut?? its hard to find anything on him when you search lol... hmmm the plot thickens again after skimming off the crappy top and heating it in the microwave! yeah!
[/FONT]

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I always thought sour bubble had Bubba Kush in it... has BOG ever admitted what it truly is... Greyskull got the Sour Dubb seeds at a concert and he even grew hundreds of S1's.. never heard anything about bubblegum... sounds kinda bullshit

draztik

Veteran
its amazing how when i use thread and post search functions what doesnt come up for me. A couple of those would have been helpful.. I had seen the thread where Silverback had died, and it is one of the primary sources for a lot of the information I draw on. I had not seen Lifeless's threads. Are there any other threads that you know where people claim to have gotten Silverback's cut?

Or , AHAHAhahha.. The [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]grapepunched cut?? its hard to find anything on him when you search lol... hmmm the plot thickens again after skimming off the crappy top and heating it in the microwave! yeah!
[/FONT]
I feel like the search function has gotten worse over time on this site. I also use the advance search function to search by username, I get results that way that don't ever show up on the other search options. You will no doubt find what you are looking in your original post in the Indiana Bubblegum S1's, Humboldt CSI has them and so does Mosca Seeds, they both have the same cut, same cut I use to have, same cut as Lifeless. You will find multiple Bubblegum phenos in the S1's

Cannabologist

Veteran
I feel like the search function has gotten worse over time on this site. I also use the advance search function to search by username, I get results that way that don't ever show up on the other search options. You will no doubt find what you are looking in your original post in the Indiana Bubblegum S1's, Humboldt CSI has them and so does Mosca Seeds, they both have the same cut, same cut I use to have, same cut as Lifeless. You will find multiple Bubblegum phenos in the S1's
ppft I guess. Ive been searching threads, using google search though ic, all that, for years,... LoL and I hadnt come across that lifeless thread.

Which helps A LOT>.. Theres the same bad bubblegum story, about the clones in the pocket. I had heard that one, but it contradicts all the other stories Adam Dunn told about bringing seeds himself.

BUT! What it does help track down is at least 2 of the bubblegum clones >> Which even my speculation going over the histories, led me to being correct, with multiple varying BG clones popping about at different times. Of which we know is the Grapepunched clone, and now the Lifeless/ Silverback clone.

I'd like to see the Humboldt CSI Bubblegum if there are threads or pics. And maybe Mosca's. But I've seen Mosca's, and from what I remember it looks dissimilar to the Lifeless cut but I could be wrong. I donno when H. CSI also got their cut, but Im pretty sure Mosca got their cut in 2009.

(I also wouldn't be sure of this and I could get flack for it but I also think Mosca lost their cut and are creating their BG lines off a S1.... Actually I am of the opinion, because this is how it goes, that most people lost their original BG cuts wherever they got them from and are basing their seed lines on hybrids or self'ed seeds they have selected from.)

Did you get your cut from Lifeless or Silverback himself? And what year? What year did you lose it, and how?
What does it smell like? LL says his is like, cantaloupe. This is, not a word I would use to describe what I've researched the original cuts would smell like..

Judging by his posts, it seems he got his cut in 2008 or 07..

So. Without letting to much out of the bag, which I kinda am, is I'm gathering up a history, with pictures and information, and tracking down the origins of this line and cuts.

At present, we can get as far back as 1993, but we CAN see that the Adam Dunn 93 gum, is still neither of these cuts, the Lifeless/Silverback, and the Grapepunched cut.

This "Silverback" super duper old cut only seems to come around 2007-08 as far as I can place it.

Taking the word of Grapepunched his cut is earlier, 2003, and often passed around. I am wondering if this is the basis for Silverback's gum that was passed around.

What is hard to tell is when you look enough, especially in more inbred lines, the BG traits do stand out... So.. Figuring out "whos on first" gives a good traceline of traits to go by.

The Lifeless cut has more of a "conical" bud tip structure, similar to the Adam Dunn 93' cut, but they are definitely not the same.
The Grapepunched cut is more rounded off at the tops.

I've seen both these traits in BG seeds/hybrids and so on.

Do you have any pics of your BG cut in veg and flower? Id like to see the similarities in pictures. Its always hard to tell with camera flashes and lighting, a nug can look very different from one angle vs another and with different lighting and camera lenses.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
its amazing how when i use thread and post search functions what doesnt come up for me.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

The ICMAG search engine is infamous for NOT finding stuff.

Bud Jones

Dried bud of the 94 cup winning cut . Taste exactly like Bazooka Joe ... Clean euphoric high ... She’s a heavy yielder ..
picture.php

Happy Times

I always thought sour bubble had Bubba Kush in it... has BOG ever admitted what it truly is... Greyskull got the Sour Dubb seeds at a concert and he even grew hundreds of S1's.. never heard anything about bubblegum... sounds kinda bullshit

I thought BOG Sour Bubble was Bubblegum-related. Not sure what lead to the SB from the original BG though

Found this on the Google: https://seedsforme.com/index.php/product-category/bog-seeds/

https://seedsforme.com/index.php/product/sour-bubble-4/

Cannabologist

Veteran
Here’s the 94 cut in veg ... Soon to be full of beans courtesy of DJ’s 1995 Blueberry ..
Is this from seed or cuts you got? What year are these pictures, recent??

You can't just drop perfect bubblegum pictures and veg plants with no info!! WAHAHAHhahahhahaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA