What's new

Can Odor Permeate Vacuum Sealed Bags?

technically, Mylar can hold the smell at a molecular level. The only molicules that get through it are helium, and nitrogen. It is the seal and packaging environment that compromises us to dogs. Without a truely sterile environment for packing, dogs will beat us every time. Just addressing the original question. Using alternative smells that inhibit the dogs ability may be key, but haven't seen success without queing handler.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't give the police a reason to bring in a dog to do a sniff test. It's that simple.

If you get pulled over sober then you should be fine. Seal weed in turkey bags? so maybe the human nose can't detect it?

The dog gonna smell it no matter what you do.

The real problem is that guys get caught because the smoke up before they drive or do it while driving then they proceed to drive known interdiction routes while stoned paranoid.

R.Fortune

N

Nondual

Seal weed in turkey bags? so maybe the human nose can't detect it?
It's just one of the layers. I don't think dogs are really the problem. I mean what situation do you get yourself into where they have to call a dog in? If it's to that point it's not looking good.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
It's just one of the layers. I don't think dogs are really the problem. I mean what situation do you get yourself into where they have to call a dog in? If it's to that point it's not looking good.

Very true, but ya never know, you could just have REALLY bad luck and get pulled over by a k-9 officer. Then when he routinely asks to search, you're screwed when you say no.

N

Nondual

Very true, but ya never know, you could just have REALLY bad luck and get pulled over by a k-9 officer. Then when he routinely asks to search, you're screwed when you say no.
You ALWAYS just say NO...'I do not consent to a search'. Yes the X factor is always in play meaning even under the best of circumstances 'shit happens'.

Do the best you can to package accordingly based on your situation and then just relax. If you've taken enough precautions, a lot of good tips in this thread, then you've probably eliminated about 98% of the potential problems.

Changing gloves, changing clothes, changing the room you are packaging in, multiple layers, etc.

I've seen reports over the years were peeps get nabbed over simple routine traffic violation stops. I know a local Cali CHP and he got a big coke bust which started with a routine traffic stop because of some minor violation...D'Oh!

Kush Dog

I'm not sure who clicked "Post unhelpful" for my post early in this thread.... Prob was the guy who got offended cuz I dogged on his smelly bag post....lol.... Sucker.....its ok to swallow ur pride and admit ur wrong from time to time.......my post is 100% legit above by the way

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
The only way I can possibly see to defeat the dogs, would be a compartment in the car/home with a sealed inner chamber, and a sealed outer chamber, with ozoneflowing between the chambers.
Dogs dont smell through the plastic, the plastic lets the smell molecules out over time If no scent molecules escape the ozone layer, there is nothing for the dog to detect.
I have plans to test my theory once Ive got my hound trained up-may as well include some drugs in his excercise regime LOL-then I can distrubute all The crack n smack I steal, freely to the homelss addicts-DEA, Direct action against Exploitation of the Addicted, Mu-huhuh hahaaahahahaha

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
vacuum seal the vacuum sealed bags inside vacuum sealed bags with alcohol cleans between each bagging. then maybe.

Also between 2nd and 1st vacuum bag add loose activated charcoal, same stuff in your scrubber....it will soak up all odors, bee working for me :dance013:

jakeh

I actually saw a 5lb brick from mexico from my friend I bought from. They would:
1. make a brick
2. wrap in saran wrap until nothing could puncture the sealameal bag
3. Seal saran wrapped brick with vacuum sealed bag
4. wrap sealed vacuum bag in saran wrap that was sprayed with something like fabreze
5. Seal again with vacuum sealed bag
6. wrap again with sprayed saran wrap so nothing could puncture the 2nd bag

From what he said they came through in grapefruit trucks (gave loads of grapefruit when I bought) and this was right after 9/11 so they were going through multiple k9 checkpoints with no trouble. He laughed when he handed me one to tear through to get to the contents. It was amazingly thorough. They even had a 2 letter code written on the outside saran wrap that I assumed was who it was meant for.
As a side note I read or saw where traffickers at the border would put a local anesthetic on the bumpers of cars at the border. I don't know what type but it was something like anbesol used for mouth ulcers. When the k9 unit sniffed this there nose was out for the length of time the anesthetic worked since they basically numbed there sense of smell. I would believe this over the pepper bit any day. The dog may hit a car that had this wiped on it but the people whose cars had this done to them had no idea.
My only personal experience with a drug dog was going to see my Mom's dog 1/2 way through his obedience training. I had a small amount of unburned pot in my pocket and when I walked through the door of the dog trainer there were pictures on the wall of cash and drug seizures. I figured out quickly what type of other dog training was going on but could not make a u-turn and wasn't too concerned because we went to the class my Mom's dog was in. After checking her dog out Mom asked the trainer to show her son the drug training dogs while looking at me saying "you will be amazed at what these dogs can do". I did everything I could to discourage the demo of the police k9 units in training but Mom prevailed and the trainer brought out a lab along with a tennis ball with pot inside it that he would drop down 1 of 30 pvc pipes and have the dog find it. The dog found it with 0 problem in no time with my heart racing thinking the dog is about to hit on me. After the dog found the ball and got his reward the trainer had the dog come to me and my Mom. I thought for sure the dog was going to "hit" as soon as he got near me but he did not. They only do exactly what their trainers tell them to (at least this one did) and he was waiting for his next command. It was nerve racking but highly educational and at this point pretty damn funny.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I actually saw a 5lb brick from mexico from my friend I bought from. They would:
1. make a brick
4. wrap sealed vacuum bag in saran wrap that was sprayed with something like fabreze

From what he said they came through in grapefruit trucks (gave loads of grapefruit when I bought) and this was right after 9/11 so they were going through multiple k9 checkpoints with no trouble. He laughed when he handed me one to tear through to get to the contents. It was amazingly thorough. They even had a 2 letter code written on the outside saran wrap that I assumed was who it was meant for.
As a side note I read or saw where traffickers at the border would put a local anesthetic on the bumpers of cars at the border. I don't know what type but it was something like anbesol used for mouth ulcers. When the k9 unit sniffed this there nose was out for the length of time the anesthetic worked since they basically numbed there sense of smell. I would believe this over the pepper bit any day. The dog may hit a car that had this wiped on it but the people whose cars had this done to them had no idea.
My only personal experience with a drug dog was going to see my Mom's dog 1/2 way through his obedience training. I had a small amount of unburned pot in my pocket and when I walked through the door of the dog trainer there were pictures on the wall of cash and drug seizures. I figured out quickly what type of other dog training was going on but could not make a u-turn and wasn't too concerned because we went to the class my Mom's dog was in. After checking her dog out Mom asked the trainer to show her son the drug training dogs while looking at me saying "you will be amazed at what these dogs can do". I did everything I could to discourage the demo of the police k9 units in training but Mom prevailed and the trainer brought out a lab along with a tennis ball with pot inside it that he would drop down 1 of 30 pvc pipes and have the dog find it. The dog found it with 0 problem in no time with my heart racing thinking the dog is about to hit on me. After the dog found the ball and got his reward the trainer had the dog come to me and my Mom. I thought for sure the dog was going to "hit" as soon as he got near me but he did not. They only do exactly what their trainers tell them to (at least this one did) and he was waiting for his next command. It was nerve racking but highly educational and at this point pretty damn funny.

This is an incredible post

1. make a brick

wow

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
i know someone that knows someone who works at the boarder with a dog.they have seen it all and trained their dogs accordingly. dont expect pepper or anything else to save your ass. foil,coffee, ammonia,,pepper, carbon paper,ect all old news to dogs and dont work. something might work if done without contamination. hard to do for major growers and smugglers. need a clean room to bag shit up without any scent contamination.
:tiphat:I cant believe theres anything thats really fool proof.I mean,the Cartels take triple sometimes even more vaccum sealed and taped packages of mj,put that in a gas tank,fill it with gas and the tank has been welded and sealed.Then they take grease and dirt and apply it all over the outside of the tank and the dogs stil hit through all that.It nuts how these Dogs can do that.I wish it was like the Movies where i seen an episode of Walker Texas Ranger and Dogs were hunting him down.There was this bush with some kind of pollen on it that he shook all over the ground and when the dogs sniffed it,it messed with there sense of smell kinda like some are alluding to with the pepper trick here.I never believed TWR after that,i always thought it was real,i mean if ya cant trust Chuck Norris...I cant think of anything that could be 100% fool proof,and that sucks bigtime.I think its luck of the draw, and its some Dogs senses over anothers that allows some to get by while others doin the same exact thing dont.But you would have to think there would be something..Damn Dogs!!Peace abnd stay Safe,DancesWithWeed:wave:

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
The only way I can possibly see to defeat the dogs, would be a compartment in the car/home with a sealed inner chamber, and a sealed outer chamber, with ozoneflowing between the chambers.
Dogs dont smell through the plastic, the plastic lets the smell molecules out over time If no scent molecules escape the ozone layer, there is nothing for the dog to detect.
I have plans to test my theory once Ive got my hound trained up-may as well include some drugs in his excercise regime LOL-then I can distrubute all The crack n smack I steal, freely to the homelss addicts-DEA, Direct action against Exploitation of the Addicted, Mu-huhuh hahaaahahahaha
:laughing:

Latest posts

Latest posts