What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

can i use maple syrup in the last 4 weeks of flower? instead of molasses

20north

can i use maple syrup in the last 4 weeks of flower? instead of molasses ive been wanting to try this as i dont have access to molasses in my area so could someone help me out with this question im running in a pro mix soil 50% and coco 50% mixed.. that is my medium so i was wondering if anyone else has used maple syrup and if so maybe this is a good thread to start talking about it

hi-bardo!

Hmm.

Hmm.

I've found mollasses to be the best. I am going to try agave syrup on one plant this time to experiment,
I've never used maple syrup.
Although if you really don't have access to mollasses I guess it'll do.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
I've used organic agave nectar with good results. Having said that it's important to know the source of the agave nectar that you're using.

They're not all the same.

CC

hi-bardo!

Cool!

Cool!

I've used organic agave nectar with good results. Having said that it's important to know the source of the agave nectar that you're using.

They're not all the same.

CC
Thats good to know:).
I generally use Suma Organic Agave. It also makes great toffee.
Which would you say is better? Agave or mollasses?
And how much agave would you recommend per gallon?

66buds

Organic brown rice syrup also works.

I dont think I would use maple syrup unless it was the pure stuff and thats way more expensive than molasses.

maryjohn

Veteran
Maple syrup and agave nectar are just the sap of a plant. Rice husk syrup and molasses contain much more than that.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
can i use maple syrup in the last 4 weeks of flower? instead of molasses ive been wanting to try this as i dont have access to molasses in my area so could someone help me out with this question im running in a pro mix soil 50% and coco 50% mixed.. that is my medium so i was wondering if anyone else has used maple syrup and if so maybe this is a good thread to start talking about it

I can't imagine a single place @ 20N which wouldn't sell Molasses

map.GIF

Sorghum syrup/molasses can also be used if you can find that. It has a very similar nutritional value when compared to blackstrap and has that bitter aftertaste but is a little sweeter. Stuff is good on biscuits, too.

i know a master grower who has used pure maple syrup from the health food store, i also use raw honey
im not a self prclaimed expert but im just telling you my experience

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ jay has said honey is a anti fungal, but I'm not sure anyone knows enough to say a valid statement for or against honey

20north

this has turned in to quiet an interesting thread! well ima go with agave , honey and maple syrup and im gonna ask around for some ive prob gotta go look in more than a couple stores forogt about healthfoodstores

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I have used maple syrup

being a canadian it was my duty. To be honest with ya, I dont think it did anything, but i got complaints about the smell of that weed when i smoked it

J

JackTheGrower

i know a master grower who has used pure maple syrup from the health food store, i also use raw honey

I picked up a bag of C&H raw washed Cane Sugar.. I had a surprising response from the fungus as in Mushrooms.

I tested that again and sure enough they came back in force again.

So I offer that..

I too add raw honey to my liquid mixes.. Honey is good a couple times or so in mix but it is anti-fungal as people can use it in cuts ( human cuts ) also I add it to clone cuts when I dip hormone.. Some use it for cuts by it's self.

Also , if I may, Sugars in general are a microbe stimulant.. Moderation in a healthy soil with plenty of microbe food can super charge change in the soil and in turn MIGHT provide a boost in growth.

We should never do things to our soil that cause problems for the rhizome.

What is in Maple Syrup and I assume we are talking real maple syrup ( not Mrs Buttersworth ) There are few Real Maple syrups out there..
Maple is a tree after all so it's a possible in my book.. If it's natural and free of bad things.

maryjohn

Veteran
If you are using it, go for the lowest grade you can get in dark amber.

I only buy the clearest , lightest syrup for personal use. I have never seen it sold outside Canada, and to get a case you have to know someone. I would never waste a drop on a microherd.

J

JackTheGrower

That was what I was thinking.. Real Maple syrup is expensive.

"I feel like a slab of butter melting on a stack of hot flapjacks" Yeah...

Real maple syrup please ma'am..

maryjohn

Veteran
No offense, but californians have no idea what real maple syrup is. Ok it's real, but it is low grade. The good stuff flows almost like water and never sits above a pancake the way Americans like it to do.

M

mexilandrace

No offense, but californians have no idea what real maple syrup is. Ok it's real, but it is low grade. The good stuff flows almost like water and never sits above a pancake the way Americans like it to do.

you do know they have this thing called importing right?

and we have the same watery maple syrup here, its not thick if it's maple, that's just pancake syrup.

Yes we know the difference, thanks.

M

mexilandrace

honey is an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial, ancient Egyptians used to apply it to wounds to prevent infection.

Means it can't be good for the micros.