What's new

Can 456w CFL = 300G Dry? Nicoli Finds Out!

I

IGotTheCottons

I did have a question... With all that wattage in CFL's... Why not just get a HPS, and few CFL's for supplemental lighting? You'd be getting much more lumens per square foot, which would translate into more vigorous growth/fatter buds.

you must have hps in there, cfls cant grow that nice of plants

Please tell me you're just kidding. I've seen some great results from CFL's... Though I do admit, with that much wattage, a HPS would be the better choice.

Nicoli

Veteran
I did have a question... With all that wattage in CFL's... Why not just get a HPS, and few CFL's for supplemental lighting? You'd be getting much more lumens per square foot, which would translate into more vigorous growth/fatter buds.

Cuz its all I got atm.

I am upgrading to 1-2kw HID soon.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hey nicoli cheers for the super healthy green garden you grow !!
i just get shocked for how you get this fuck..shit suck an excellent final weight , i have a question for you about how many day usually for veg. i see your plant no look so high, i have new tent to try soon 100x50 x 150cm h and i want try cfl maybe ...
keep up the great work

I

IGotTheCottons

Cuz its all I got atm.

I am upgrading to 1-2kw HID soon.

Ahh, werd... That's what's up dude. Wasn't tryin to come across as bein critical. Was just curious is all. :)

Keep up the excellent work. I can't wait to see what you can do with HID. Gonna be a good show for sure. :jump:

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
Well I veg usually for 1-2 weeks on most stuff, and I tie branches down during the first few weeks of flower to keep it short. Cheers

thanks for the reply nicoli, i like your garden very much , with cfl you spend less in electricity ? like i have 250w hps if i put 250w in cfl i can keep some money or is the same ? thank for reply to my pointless question ...:wave:

Nicoli

Veteran
thanks for the reply nicoli, i like your garden very much , with cfl you spend less in electricity ? like i have 250w hps if i put 250w in cfl i can keep some money or is the same ? thank for reply to my pointless question ...:wave:

You'd need a killawatt meter to measure for sure. I don't know they may be similar in electricity consumption when you consider the ballasts. Not much of a difference I bet. In the end, CFL's waste energy.

I

IGotTheCottons

250w HPS uses the same amount of electricity as 250w CFL (unless you have a good HPS ballast, which is designed to run more efficiently/use less electricity).

The real difference is in the lumen output. HID lighting puts out many more lumens, per watt, than CFL's do.

tequila_sunrise

Hey Nicoli, how long do you reckon you got till the girls are done?

I'm running 400w in a 2sq ft area. We will see how it turns out :)

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
thanks for advice service growers!!
i need to buy all for new tent maybe i try buy cfl just for try different staff & method !

Latest posts

Latest posts