What's new

Can 456w CFL = 300G Dry? Nicoli Finds Out!

my m8's cfl wardrobe has 1 cfl blue spec 250w in it currently & was planning putting in another 250w cfl red spec when he goes to 12/12 but he has a temp of 25 degrees & humidity of about 65 % when light is on.
there is a whole been cut out for a small extractor ( thats still to be fitted).
do u think the wardrobe could cope with another 250?
any other tips would be great, its the dudes 1st medicenal grow.

digging ur work nicoli

Nicoli

Veteran
my m8's cfl wardrobe has 1 cfl blue spec 250w in it currently & was planning putting in another 250w cfl red spec when he goes to 12/12 but he has a temp of 25 degrees & humidity of about 65 % when light is on.
there is a whole been cut out for a small extractor ( thats still to be fitted).
do u think the wardrobe could cope with another 250?
any other tips would be great, its the dudes 1st medicenal grow.

digging ur work nicoli

I really dunno, I haven't ran 250's before, just 42's.. so I dunno what to tell ya other than try it and see what kinda temps ya get..

:D

Nicoli

Veteran
Day 24

Day 24

Choo choo train movin'.

Day 24

I see frost.. :D

Ok.. So they stretched a litttttttle bit more.. now they should be done :D

Puff Puff

Last edited:

Nicoli

Veteran
do u think u r going to meet ur targets bro?

Too soon to say.. but I think it will be close indeed. It's hard to gauge the depth of the cab in the pictures, but there's plenty of buds in the cab. I won't be disappointed if it's less, heck I won't be disappointed if its 250g, it would still be an improvement over my last run considering I am using 10% less light this run.

I like speculating yield.. and im not counting chickens before they hatch, but 8 of those plants look like they will easily exceed an oz each.. that leaves 4 small sccjs that might yield 2oz total? And a Casey Jones F2 in a beercup. ;) I duno.. if I had to make a guess right now i'd say around 9-10 zips at least.

It'll be close, again just a fun speculation.

Cheers.
:tiphat:

Nicoli

Veteran
Here's a few shots of them pulled out to get a better depth perception. The cab is JAMMED full.

Last edited:

Tilt

Running Pro-Mix HP and Earth Juice

Do you run pro-mix straight out of the bag or do you add anything to it? ie perlite ewc dolomite.....

Nicoli

Veteran
Running Pro-Mix HP and Earth Juice

Do you run pro-mix straight out of the bag or do you add anything to it? ie perlite ewc dolomite.....

This is what I do.

Step 1:
Add 15 Gallons of Pro-Mix HP to a mixing container(Rubbermaid tub/kiddie pool/etc)
Add 5 Gallons of FFOF Chunky Perlite to the Pro-Mix HP
Mix together well.. Set aside.

Step 2:
Add 5 Gallons Earth Worm Castings to a separate rubbermaid/tub
Add 1.5 Cups Dolomite Lime
Add 1.5 Cups Blood Meal
Add 2.5 Cups Bone Meal
Add 1.5 Cups Kelp Meal
Add 1.5 Cups Greensand
Add 1.5 Cups Gypsum
Add 1.5 Cups Diatomaceous earth
Mix these in well with the Earth Worm Castings.

Step 3:
Spread the mix from Step 2 evenly into the mix from Step 1.
Mix very well. That's it!

It can be used right away or you can store for months. :D

After you transplant you can use straight RO water with a little cal-mag+, or just straight RO water for the first week or so until the plant gets adjusted to the mix if you're worried about burning light feeders.

Also you can cut this mix 50/50 with STRAIGHT Pro-mix HP and use it for cuttings(I will be showing that later).

Cheers

:tiphat:

Last edited:

Tilt

thanks. 3 more questions and I will quit buggin you.

When do you start feeding with earth juice? After the first week or so or when the plants look hungry.

Do you use any preventive pesticide like neem?

Do you brew up any microbial teas?

Nicoli

Veteran
No problem.

I feed right away to heavy feeders who don't burn easily. And with the more sensitive girls I will just give them some RO and a little cal-mag+ right away for the first week or so of transplant. You have to keep in mind the soil is pretty damn rich with all those amends so you don't need much to feed them much right away or you could burn the shit out of them. (i have done it) I don't use any neems or any leaf sprays, no. I bubble my earth juice teas for 24-30 hours usually and feed pretty much every time I water..

No other teas..

Cheers

*EDIT* I saw someone post their Earth Juice schedule on here, I modified my numbers with their format and my nutes:

--------Catalyst------Micro--------Grow-------Bloom--------Cal-Mag+-------Meta-K---
veg------10ml---------2ml----------8ml---------2ml-----------5ml---------------------
1flwr-----10ml---------2ml---------10ml---------5ml-----------5ml----------------------
2flwr-----10ml---------2ml---------10ml--------10ml-----------5ml----------------------
3flwr-----10ml---------2ml---------10ml--------10ml-----------5ml----------------------
4flwr------5ml---------2ml---------10ml--------12ml-----------5ml--------------2ml-----
5flwr------5ml---------2ml---------10ml--------12ml-----------5ml--------------2ml-----
6flwr------5ml---------2ml---------10ml--------12ml----------------------------2ml-----
7flwr-------------------------------------------12ml------------------------------------
8flwr-------------FLUSH
9flwr-------------FLUSH & CHOP

(note: Micro is every other watering. also: these are not EXACT figures, they can vary depending on how hungry a girl may be or appear, its just something you figure out after knowing a plant for a while)

If its a 10 week+ strain.. just add another week 5, after week 5, and another week 6, after week 6(i hope that makes sense, LOL).

That's basically what I use.

Last edited:
Im very glad I stumbled in on this I am using a TON of 26w CFL's and a few (2 105w 2700k and 1 105w 5000k) in a closet and ive been looking at yield speculations but all my plants have vegged for about 4 feet now and theyre having penetration problems (even with LED panels underneath for base lighting and a few CFL's hanging that level)...

this gives me hope and so did your last thread a few of my "Old School" growin friends have said CFL's cant produce enough light to help flowering phases... you proved em wrong and I hope you hit your mark or more even they look awesome

Nicoli

Veteran
Day 29

Day 29

Getting crammed!

Day 29:

I wish I would have vegged the SCCJ a bit longer.. oh well. I will be happy either way.

:)