What's new

CAMBODIAN SATIVA

TAÏNY

They just got the argentinian clon of Destroyer
And isn't the most powerful pheno of Destroyer, certainly it produce really big colas but not the most potent one
Destroyer cut from Thai side from @unnamedmike on my really ignorant opinión he got the best cuts of Destroyer can offer
View attachment 18727980
Wow..... people's evolutions on naming weeds, got more and more sophisticated now a day..... Like in THAILAND, I'd heard some "pretty cool" names too coming from Thai people selling weeds to tourists.
Among them names includes : "GOLDEN TIGER" ; "THAI STICK" ; "FOI TONG" ; "TANAOSRI KHAO" ; "TANAOSRI DANG" ; "KOH CHANG DET" ; "SQUIRREL'S TAIL" ; "TIGER'S TAIL"..... and even "DRAGON'S TAIL".......... well dudes and dudettes... that's quite a bit ha coming from them street dealers for THAI VARIETIES that consists of only three or four STRAINS! What a fucked up business idea to confuse tourists who brings them the money. And the funny part to me is that in a tourist area cities most of them dealers don't even smoke WEED. Just selling it to innocent tourists hybrids mostly under most wanted famous names so they can feed they habits smoking "YA BÁ". Thailand is the number one hybrids importer in Southeast Asia. So one has to know thai strains... And if you have the mistake to ask one particular strain that your friends told you on his last trip to Thailand... You'll be in for a lifetime surprise because for sure they will tell you that they have it or to make it more real pretend to call some bull connections...

Last edited:

harvestreaper

Veteran
Just bought this from a Thai farmer, my uncle's friend (just being curious). This is the most potent thai weed strain. Paid 1000 bahts... But between friends, no weighing scale was used. I'd asked him for the name but he just said he got this strain from a friend. They just call "KANCHA" same as us Cambodians. He told me in Thailand they have three or four types of weed no more than that. I showed him a seedsbank company selling thai cannabis seeds over ten varieties from all over Thailand and their islands... He smiled and said : "If me, I go to Bangkok and sell him this weed... He will write the Bangkok most potent in Thailand".
The thing is in Thailand you can find those couple strains everywhere. Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya, Chiang Mai and so on... Depending on your luck.

View attachment 18727707

Smoke review: I was fooled by the look...
"A REAL MISSILE"
that looks lovely

TAÏNY

Looks like a missle of trichs
@Petrochemical I asked that uncle too about "MANICURE" he said the reason he didn't do it, it's not to gain weight but rather to avoid the trichomes from dropping off. That's why when I was in CHIANG RAI last year the very well manicured weed, viewed from my mini microscope didn't have much trichomes on it. Almost like it had been swift to make hash...

achille

Veteran
@goingrey when I said missile, I meant "very high potent effect"... my bad for not expressing myself clearly... not an expert in ENGLISH. The smell of it before smoking : like when you squeeze an orange peel. When smoking it : that I can't explain like others do but just you know man... VERY YUMMY? If I make any sense at all?
After smoking this, what do you want to do ?

-Cleaning/working/sport/gardening
or
-listening to music/laugh/make love/nothing just be happy
or
-clench your butthole (serrer les fesses) because you're tripping very hard ?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
The ONLY SEEDSBANK that I respect is from this man :
"NEVIL MARTIN SCHOENMAKERS"

View attachment 18727426
He no doubt revolutionised cannabis and made good seeds available for every home grower, but did nothing to preserve landraces as far as I can tell.

Anyone interested in landrace should check out The Real Seed Company. Angus is a wealth of information on cannabis and passionate about preserving landrace. He has also lived in Laos and travelled throughout that part of the world.

Great thread btw. Good to see people trying to preserve these varieties.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
from what ive been able to ascertain from study, laos wasnt as commercial as thailand with regards to pot back in the days of thai stick ,
though im sure once they eradicated that fields in thailand , that quickly changed ..
without doubt those thai sticks were grown in thailand , though admittedly in provinces that bordered laos, but definitely on the thailand side of the mekong,
but its well documented where those kilos and kilos of thai stick came from ..

there are some pictures around of laos weed at markets etc , it didnt look like it compared to the best thai sticks by a fair shot , but it was quite cheap...
I am quite convinced the Laos that you grew (and kindly gifted seeds, hope you don't mind me saying) is authentic landrace. The one I grew looks very much like the plant on page 1 of this thread. the high from the mango Laos was nicer though so far.

The Laos I had in Laos reminded me very much of Thai stick but without the paranoia. Very nice pot. Don't know if original Thai Stick still exists, but I am sure something close to it does.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
@Chi13
it was sourced in thailand , around undonthani by a friend ,
he got it from a laos friend whose family had been growing it for a long time ,
he said it was the best sativa he had to date ,

i had a fair idea it would mate well with mango haze ,
and im glad the folks who have tried it have said the same thing ...

i think there is no strain known as thai stick weed ,
more, its just a method of presentation,
even that brick weed from laos may compare with that stuff we got on sticks eons ago ,
as long as it was matured properly and handled a bit better ,
ive pulled some apart and it looked like it was harvested early and then smashed together ,
i doubt that did much to enhance the product ...

its likely in time pot as good as we had when we were younger ,
will be available again there , as long as there is a market for it , which i suspect there will be ....

TAÏNY

Just came back from my uncle's friend's house...
He hand rubbed select some plants of his strain for me,the exact same strain that I'd bought a sac from him. I'm bringing them back with me to Cambodia even though I've already collected so far five seeds from joints that I'd rolled (around ten joints). Rarely seeded too unlike any Thai I've seen. In one normal king-size joint I found one seed or sometimes none.

Thai border don't usely check your suitcase when going back to CAMBODIA, but even if they do...
_20220630_083101.JPG

_20220701_140652.JPG

By the way... Uncle-Dude told me those plants he started sowing them on the 1st of May and that they are most likely females, hence his rubbing & smelling technic.

Last edited:

TAÏNY

A THAI farmer showed me this documentary on YouTube from the THAI GOVERNMENT THEMSELVES about all EXISTING TRUE THAI STRAINS... "ONLY FOUR".
That way down-to-earth people will no longer be FOOLED ANYMORE!!!

to watch the documentary, click on the black screen at the :
"Watch on YouTube" part.

Last edited:

Hmong

Veteran
not writing about their own personal experiences but about what they'd read or watched...
It seems like those people feel like they know just about everything already.
that's what I am witnessing too, so I don't even enter a debate.
But you will find the right people here, just naturally ;)

"playing the violin for the buffalo to listen"
hillarious :ROFLMAO: