What's new

Cambodian * Laos * Thai * Vietnam * Burma & SE Asians....

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey I know you’re in love with that Cambodian butt and I’ve asked you several times have you actually tried it yet and it’s beautiful on the Cambodian Hawaiian has shockingly low potency even though the plants look good as you know

romanoweed

@yesum or preservers, there is a 70s pure cambodian if im not mistacken (it was just a thinleaved pic, and i asked is it cambodain, on insta and got a like) . I am shure is from 1970 because the look. Its a colleague of mel frank,, and they discussed cambodian on an an Insta..

So, yeah, i know who to ask, on insta.
link goes to preservers only, this is seriously delight, not necessarly the strongest, but vvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy delight 70s stuff.

romanoweed

@led05 you mentioned Cambodian beeing semi-feral, whats the source of this Knowledge? was it that indian Landrace exchange-picture where they said they have to errradicate the wild plants in order to get seedless?

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
I think the no serrations glossy types require actual jungle Temps (95 with 85 rh) to thrive or they could just be non vigorous genotype. Bit they exist across landraces this breeder terpyz has studied them and bred a line called swag
Interesting; the Gambian serrationless grow healthier & nicer than those pics linked, flower nicer too… perhaps they’re not as bad as I was making them out to be :)

led05

Chasing The Present
Hey I know you’re in love with that Cambodian butt and I’ve asked you several times have you actually tried it yet and it’s beautiful on the Cambodian Hawaiian has shockingly low potency even though the plants look good as you know
In this thread there’s pictures of both Cambodian #1 & #2 flowers, you've been answered a few times too in private over the years, I’m not sure why you’re not recollecting…

P1 plants are not decades old refined hybrids like your accustomed to growing and the X with Molokai Frost had too much sedation imo… These types of plants also benefit from bright white lighting & UVB, not overkill of pure HPS, it dries them out and greatly diminishes their quality, makes them foxtail even more wildly than they would already…

In- situ collected tropical genetics require hard work and are not for commercial growers needing to make ends meet; likely why so few grow them and you can’t buy it in any stores…

Cambodian #1 hanging

1680960116092.png

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
@led05 you mentioned Cambodian beeing emi-feral, whats the source of this Knowledge? was it that indian Landrace exchange-picture where they said they have to errradicate the wild plants in order to get seedless?
I think piffcat was one speculating / mentioning Cambodians were last region of semi- feral tropical; nearly all plants I grow are from gifted seed and I haven’t purchased from a seedbank in over a decade so I’m not up to speed on their tactics or operations

@yesum or preservers, there is a 70s pure cambodian if im not mistacken (it was just a thinleaved pic, and i asked is it cambodain, on insta and got a like) . I am shure is from 1970 because the look. Its a colleague of mel frank,, and they discussed cambodian on an an Insta..

So, yeah, i know who to ask, on insta.
link goes to preservers only, this is seriously delight, not necessarly the strongest, but vvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy delight 70s stuff.
The two Cambodians I used are definite throwbacks to yesteryear and were collected decades ago in-situ; sadly that’s why only 2 out of @40 seeds ever turned into anything, but I was very lucky to get two…

This room has 11 Foot ceilings, many thousands of gems were made during this grow; but when your beginning is two wild & untamed Tropical Sativas work is required and growing them properly matters a great deal too - greatness never comes easy brother; as I’m sure you know

1680960721395.png

8-9 foot plants cramped tight, we do the best we can :)

Last edited:

romanoweed

wich date do your come from? hah, now you remind me of a Vibes collective member showing a Cambodain from Green Hornet . and they also have a purple vietnamese. and shure i seen many more lines from them on some lone pictures very hidden, it looks not bad woowie, but my stuff is always 70s, the older the better IMHO . I give it a 6,5 or 7 Rating probably.
Dont bottleneck em collegue if you ask me.. keep 3 out 4 Plants or so, so they keep that fresh-quality. this sharp , fierce, "citron" freshness of 1st genration. After that one needs to kep clone of the best for a consistent result..
Isnt the idea of inbreeding just rarely, or even never really working when it comes to pure lines that one dont wants to outcross..
MY OPPINION. Peace.

led05

Chasing The Present
wich date do your come from? hah, now you remind me of a Vibes collective member showing a Cambodain from Green Hornet . and they also have a purple vietnamese. and shure i seen many more lines from them on some lone pictures very hidden, it looks not bad woowie, but my stuff is always 70s, the older the better IMHO . I give it a 6,5 or 7 Rating probably.
Dont bottleneck em collegue if you ask me.. keep 3 out 4 Plants or so, so they keep that fresh-quality. this sharp , fierce, "citron" freshness of 1st genration. After that one needs to kep clone of the best for a consistent result..
Isnt the idea of inbreeding just rarely, or even never really working when it comes to pure lines that one dont wants to outcross..
MY OPPINION. Peace.
I got them from heirloomgrower / mustafunk, I didn’t narrow them I crossed them to a bunch of Laotians also collected in- situ and I selfed both Cambodians too after making tens of thousands of seeds with them onto many other NLD’s…I then mailed the Cambodian cuts back to Spain to Musta and they survived, pretty neat technique I came up with to get clones to survive two weeks in post :)

But when you’ve only got two plants to begin with, clearly bootlenecking has already begun - inescapable but we do the best we can with what we have… I wish more people would take on preservation & reproduction projects as I have; if so we’d have even more great seed to play with than we already do….

Peace brother

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Laughing out loud overkill in the HPS I spent a year working with that you know that both indoors and outdoors and had no potency

led05

Chasing The Present
Laughing out loud overkill in the HPS I spent a year working with that you know that both indoors and outdoors and had no potency
why would you spend a year working something so terrible (you knew was untested), seems odd & contradictory…?

we can all learn new things & consider what others say, or not - all good over here; didn’t peg you to toss shade (especially while asking for help so often in PM from me) but in here now and sour D thread, bummer buddy, that’s too bad…. Cambodian P1 x HI - two tropical plants didn’t kill it for you outside in upstate NY along a tree line - whoda thunk -

PS: you send a guy a couple hundred seeds of 7 or 8 X’s, asking nothing in return, same guy asks for your help numerous times with his grows and you’re willing & helpful and above is the type of Thx I get - Cheers man, no good acts go unpunished - :ROFLMAO:

Peace & GL w everything; please don’t shit on this thread anymore, you’ve brought this up numerous times now in public & private, again an untested gift - one X of many I shared with you, if you relied on it for something commercial; that’s on you brother and you know it …,

Enough with all that ^^

Now In F3/4 generations of Cambodian x Laos X’s - many things have improved quite a bit, few hands have been assisting me with this passion & project, just one of many I’m working on…

Peace

Last edited:

Piff_cat

Interesting; the Gambian serrationless grow healthier & nicer than those pics linked, flower nicer too… perhaps they’re not as bad as I was making them out to be :)
Some of the best extreme terpenes are for anti fungal defense. For example the lolab kashmir intense limonene/citrate the humidity stays at 70 year round. Faranese is another anti fungal terpene strongly linked to thai landraces . Various faranese isomers responsible for the brown oxidation curing . Faranese is also responsible for Apple browning. Camphene is another strong anti fungal which is derived from pinene. They are found in concert similar to a myrcene/ocimene relationship. Cambodian, Nigeria and other western Africans are highest camphene populations and ots pretty uncommon making its presence a good clue. I've seen good amount of pics from when the Cambodian was cataloged and several show chromosome mutations alot of the varigation twisted types . Most aneuploids in the wild are caused by unreduced female gamete. Oppressive humidity with close to 12/12 year round can cause females to produce gamete with twice as many chromosomes.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Lolab.....I have a pack. Have not gotten around to them. Supposed to be almost impossible to germinate. Effects can be special is what I have read.

I got two packs of ILE Cambodian and none popped. Anyone run this yet?

led05

Chasing The Present
Some of the best extreme terpenes are for anti fungal defense. For example the lolab kashmir intense limonene/citrate the humidity stays at 70 year round. Faranese is another anti fungal terpene strongly linked to thai landraces . Various faranese isomers responsible for the brown oxidation curing . Faranese is also responsible for Apple browning. Camphene is another strong anti fungal which is derived from pinene. They are found in concert similar to a myrcene/ocimene relationship. Cambodian, Nigeria and other western Africans are highest camphene populations and ots pretty uncommon making its presence a good clue. I've seen good amount of pics from when the Cambodian was cataloged and several show chromosome mutations alot of the varigation twisted types . Most aneuploids in the wild are caused by unreduced female gamete. Oppressive humidity with close to 12/12 year round can cause females to produce gamete with twice as many chromosomes.

You can smell it imo on many Africans, SE Asians, small % Haze etc.. - I can’t explain what my nose tells me but I smell something differentiable in ones that do…

All these flowers been sitting out on a counter in my garage @5 months now, they weren’t all harvested exactly same time but they were all equally green when I started this tiny experiment, I run silly ones all the time….

Faranese isn’t it ^ in this case

Top Ampakafo, Cambodian x Gambian, bottom SMC x SMG

6070DF35-521A-4079-8F32-C2CB4848DB4E.jpeg

The super Anti-fungal ones stay green surprisingly long and have a certain smell to them… IMO/E

I’ve got handful young Kona x Gambian going & stem & petioles already tell me they’ve got it for sure, but mottling & other issues too, probably far to dry in my house - haha

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why would you spend a year working something so terrible (you knew was untested), seems odd & contradictory…?

we can all learn new things & consider what others say, or not - all good over here; didn’t peg you to toss shade (especially while asking for help so often in PM from me) but in here now and sour D thread, bummer buddy, that’s too bad…. Cambodian P1 x HI - two tropical plants didn’t kill it for you outside in upstate NY along a tree line - whoda thunk -

PS: you send a guy a couple hundred seeds of 7 or 8 X’s, asking nothing in return, same guy asks for your help numerous times with his grows and you’re willing & helpful and above is the type of Thx I get - Cheers man, no good acts go unpunished - :ROFLMAO:

Peace & GL w everything; please don’t shit on this thread anymore, you’ve brought this up numerous times now in public & private, again an untested gift - one X of many I shared with you, if you relied on it for something commercial; that’s on you brother and you know it …,

Enough with all that ^^

Now In F3/4 generations of Cambodian x Laos X’s - many things have improved quite a bit, few hands have been assisting me with this passion & project, just one of many I’m working on…

Peace
Hey, that’s a very bad response man but I did learn a lot…. You’re definitely in love with your exotic names.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The reason I spent a year working with it & was because of you… and after that, I didn’t wanna pop anything you sent me..
I would be more than happy to send you back the seeds that you sent me…

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really don’t think that you’re any different than any of the other seed makers that you hate so much

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you talk to mystic funk? He contacted me about that Cambodian along time ago and was disappointed that you didn’t do what you said you were gonna do with it for him…. And here you are pimping it.

led05

Chasing The Present
Have you talk to mystic funk? He contacted me about that Cambodian along time ago and was disappointed that you didn’t do what you said you were gonna do with it for him…. And here you are pimping it.
Hey, that’s a very bad response man but I did learn a lot…. You’re definitely in love with your exotic names.

Good luck in the seed business

I really don’t think that you’re any different than any of the other seed makers that you hate so much

The reason I spent a year working with it & was because of you… and after that, I didn’t wanna pop anything you sent me..
I would be more than happy to send you back the seeds that you sent me…

You sound a bit crazy buddy; take it easy… it’s unfortunate you forget things & conversations the way you do - maybe take it easy a minute, geez…

Mystic HAS NOTHING to do with these Cambodians, I’ve never even gotten ANY seed from him, what are you even talking about? You sound crazy, pimping my plants - lol - whos got like 25 threads in bold posting every 5 minutes, pot calling the kettle black - lol -

I don’t hate anyone especially online personas, I speak the truth & when see others do not I point it out, no hate here…

I’ve given away over ten thousand seeds, every single expense, risk all along the ways on me; out of over more than 100 recipients you’re acting the most disrespectful yet; it’s very unfortunate & sad to watch…Never once have I asked for anything in return - take my GIFT & feed it to the birds, shows the person you are…

Did I do something to you I’m unaware of aside from sending you free seed asking nothing in return?

Stop blaming your failures & mistakes on others, you’re acting like a 13 year old girl…

PS: if your head got any further up Tom’s ass you’d be looking into his eyes - stop begging for his acknowledgement it’s pitiful to watch

Thanks for the big old deuce again in here…

Last edited:

Piff_cat

You can smell it imo on many Africans, SE Asians, small % Haze etc.. - I can’t explain what my nose tells me but I smell something differentiable in ones that do…

All these flowers been sitting out on a counter in my garage @5 months now, they weren’t all harvested exactly same time but they were all equally green when I started this tiny experiment, I run silly ones all the time….

Faranese isn’t it ^ in this case

Top Ampakafo, Cambodian x Gambian, bottom SMC x SMG

View attachment 18828721

The super Anti-fungal ones stay green surprisingly long and have a certain smell to them… IMO/E

I’ve got handful young Kona x Gambian going & stem & petioles already tell me they’ve got it for sure, but mottling & other issues too, probably far to dry in my house - haha
man they look so fire! gotta love the long red pistils and the middle has nice square stem. some of the most important factors are pretty much ignored by "commercial" cannabis-
this is my favorite terpene article and it includes chocolope which gives a good comparison since it contains 69 haze male and choc thai. ocimene, guiaol, eudesmol are very high. i pulled some of the results out of paper to take a look

this graphic identified outlier terpenes which group together. bisabolol is linked the primal central asian xinijiang hashplants while faranesene is linked to se asia.
1681046455575.png

1681046655072.png

lskunk choco afgkush cbdskhaze bluchz purpksuh
1681046755594.png

1681046811070.png

1681046915521.png

1681047036693.png

1681047172634.png

Latest posts

Latest posts