What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cambodian * Laos * Thai * Vietnam * Burma & SE Asians....

chewiesmoke

I believe they are in the UK
That’s incorrect
The postage on the mailer indicates Sweden

As I mentioned to @Piff_cat their website is awesome and descriptions of strains and genetics are top level. I’m following on IG as well and they stress transparency regarding the business model.
Very nice customer service and talked me off the edge regarding shipping.
I’ll be interested to read your take should you post anything here

From my order email:

Your pack went out today. Please let us know when they arrive.

We currently send regular airmail as we are finding it's the fastest way (tracked is much slower). Your beans are 100% guaranteed so if they do not arrive for any reason we will replace them.

FWIW 😎
We're English, but our friend D who does our design work sometimes sends packs out for us. We mail from mainland EU when we need to, so folk in Europe don't need to pay customs.

led05

Chasing The Present
Couple Cambodian #1 (Green) sleeping at night, still quite perky for middle of evening I must say, cool in there too upper 50’s F :)

IMG_0086.jpeg

IMG_0087.jpeg

Last edited:

led05

Chasing The Present
Cambodian #1 / Gold / Mutant - there’s two plants growing here from its initial selfing I did, the seeds made first time didn’t have the best strike rates so I was selfing these again to make hopefully better quality S2, I can see the arms turning I sprayed perfectly but also found seeds forming on them & other plants in there way to far along to be anything I did… hmmmm…

IMG_0272.jpeg

IMG_0275.jpeg

The only other plants I’ve seen to do this are Laotian, they form single full male arm branches seemingly overnight with pollen ready to drop, it’s a sight to see and IMO an extreme SE Asian survival mechanism. I’ve grown rare sativas from every corner of the world and the only ones to do this are SE Asians…

IMG_0274.jpeg

^^ I’ve documented them forming in Vientiane in days, 16-18” arm, all male flowers ready to drop… The growth rate & speed is unbelievable but it happens, my guess that’s exactly what happened above & I missed it.

Sometimes you’ve just gotta accept the good with the bad, IME you remove that arm and the plants have been otherwise good to go (it doesn’t toss much pollen so not many seeds anyhow) and will stay female till the end - it kinda lends itself to the SE Asian Genetic bucket theory determining sex that’s been mentioned elsewhere in this forum

SE Asian Landrace genetics, wild indeed but you’ve gotta keep it real to get the special trippy stuff !

Last edited:

funkyhorse

Led05, I hope you dont mind
I have seen this trait in Manipuri, Highland Laos #1 both from RSC, GN Luang Prabang, Northern Thailand 2008. In hybrids I have seen this trait in Thaidelica and Zamaldelica
I grew 8 seeds done this way, accidental pollination in just 24 hours from a female forming a male branch in 24 hs. It was a Seedsman Hz x Northern Thai
Cant say it is a test but for me it worked as such. I grew them outdoors, got 4 boys and 4 girls. Just one of the boys grew a few pistils, all the rest was sexually firm

I tried removing those male branches in some of my plants like GN Luang Prabang but it kept throwing new branches almost twice a week and removing them was a pain. After that trial I just cull the plants showing this trait

The % of this trait happening outdoors compared with indoors is a lot lower. Outdoors I get firm females and firm males. Indoors I never saw a firm male and females went intersex.
Some of the males grow a few pistils at the tip of the branch outdoors. But indoors this same male grows a lot of pistils

I have seen this trait happening beginning of flowering through mid flowering. I never saw it happening at the end of flowering

led05

Chasing The Present
11/25/23 Seed went from fridge right to soil

Cambodian #1 - First seed from one Male arm is ripe but arms I flipped are just dumping pollen right now, this room is packed with Fem seed forming, I’m gonna let them all mature then call it a wrap on seeds for awhile, it’s ridiculous how many I have. I couldn’t even get rid of them all if I started a company selling them $1-3 a pop, there are millions, it’s crazy my fridge - lol

Cambodian #1
IMG_0030.jpeg

IMG_0032.jpeg

IMG_0007.jpeg

Few Arms I turned
IMG_0009.jpeg

IMG_0008.jpeg

She’s just wild, some arms are flowers, some Pearls & some a blend of both

Cambodian 1 is back right, I kept them smaller this time, only 5-6’ range

IMG_0019.jpeg

KAGNCHA

11/25/23 Seed went from fridge right to soil

Cambodian #1 - First seed from one Male arm is ripe but arms I flipped are just dumping pollen right now, this room is packed with Fem seed forming, I’m gonna let them all mature then call it a wrap on seeds for awhile, it’s ridiculous how many I have. I couldn’t even get rid of them all if I started a company selling them $1-3 a pop, there are millions, it’s crazy my fridge - lol

Cambodian #1
View attachment 18973657

View attachment 18973656

View attachment 18973658

Few Arms I turned
View attachment 18973660

View attachment 18973659

She’s just wild, some arms are flowers, some Pearls & some a blend of both

Cambodian 1 is back right, I kept them smaller this time, only 5-6’ range

View attachment 18973661
X

Last edited: