What's new

Cambodian * Laos * Thai * Vietnam * Burma & SE Asians....

CaptainLucky

Wow what a cool thread. 😎 lots of nice pics and info.

I've been smoking and growing for 20 years and have never truly experienced a real sativa. What a shame. Now that I don't grow for money I can have a lot more fun though!!

I've taken a real interest in these SE Asians, without even trying them yet haha. Really it's their growth structure and leaf profile that really get me going. I can only hope the effects represent how wild the plants look.

Here's 2 Highland Lao #4s from TRSC. I sewed the seeds at the end of June. They are about 10 and 12 feet tall now. One is clearly a few weeks ahead of the other. Interstingly the smells I get off the earlier one are straight chocolate/coffee which I usually associate with an indica. Super intersting. I have high hopes these will make it till the end, as long as it doesn't rain 2+ days in a row they should be ok from mold. Photos from yesterday. 400gal pot for reference. View attachment 18904220 View attachment 18904221 View attachment 18904222
I remember Vietnam Veterans telling me about a black strain they smoked there and was supposed to be awesome. But everything I see is just green. Anyone know anything about it? CL🍀

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi led05 and all SE Asian afficianodos,

led05, first of all, you, Harvest Reaper, and the rest are killing it! My heroes. I agree that a large portion of people do dislike SE Asian electric, rocket fuel, thrill ride, pushy, rushy, highs. But for those that can appreciate it, these strains are the weed of their lives. For me, it's not everyday weed, but not having it available is... well... disturbing. 😜

I see you bought into the importance of UV light. Good job. Wow, are all those blue LED diodes in the UV spectrum? If so, that's a hefty portion! I see white mostly, then UV, and then red. Can you detail that? Just curious. I appologize if you already adressed this as I have been skimming through your thread quickly.

I started with florescent, then mercury vapor, then HID and Sodium in 50 - 50%. I never used all sodium. It just didn't make sense to me. I never had the courage to put in UV. It's risky. Please be safe. I used UV safety glasses even just with the HID - sodium combination. B.T.W., that mercuy vapor worked surprisingly well. LOL.

Spread good seed far and wide, it may be one of the biggest diferences you can make in the world.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi led05 and all SE Asian afficianodos,

led05, first of all, you, Harvest Reaper, and the rest are killing it! My heroes. I agree that a large portion of people do dislike SE Asian electric, rocket fuel, thrill ride, pushy, rushy, highs. But for those that can appreciate it, these strains are the weed of their lives. For me, it's not everyday weed, but not having it available is... well... disturbing. 😜
This is the truth. while I would add tripped out and spiritual to this mix in a perfect strain. Not for everyday or week for that matter, you would develop tolerance anyways with most of it. If you are missing it for months or years though, that becomes a real loss.

alvin88

I kept the earliest Highland Lao 4 to give a shot inside. Here it is at 4 weeks. Flowered straight from a neglected clone with barely and growth on it 😅
20231218_011344.jpg
20231218_011351.jpg

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Maaaaaaaaan.. This thread has me drooling more ways than one! SE Asian sats and cow.. yummy.

OTOH, bickering and bellyaching is so uncouth.. If you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Currently residing in short season climate.. Seeing outdoor sativa grows on IC just make me green with envy (yes, pun intended). Also, I am now constrained with limited indoor ability.. If Indicas were my thing I wouldn't be existing in this conundrum. **sigh**

For the past year or so I have been toying with the idea of pulling up the tent stakes and moving camp to Thailand; Chang Mai and then Hua Hin for burning season. Another possibility might entail a split between Thailand and The Philippines (best mangos in the world to make mango wine).

Before I can make that move my obligation that I have here must come to fruition.. I am not wishing my life away but I do need to start making plans when I enter into the next phase of my life. I can see myself growing and enjoying Thai buds, making wine from mangos.. strumming my guitar.. relaxing in peace... yeah, mon.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
This is an awesome thread. Great work peeps!

I'd like to contribute with a pic of a plant that is 50% Gypsy Nirvana Thai Stick. The other half are strains from the Aussies, so close enough IMHO. I pollinated this with it's brothers. I also plan on mating her and/or one of her sisters with a line I have been working on for decades. This line has predominately S.E. Asian crosses, or strains that tend toward the clean, cerebral, and energetic types. For instance, Purple Asian, Trainwreck, VISC Burmese, and Bangi Haze. The VISC Burmese and Bangi Haze look very indica, but they are both very cerebral. The Burmese is somewhat trippy not to mention very tasty. The Bangi Haze I used is crystal clear, energetic, and sensory enhancing.

Here is the Gypsy Thai starting to flower and already loaded with seeds:

20231226_082702.jpg

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
I remember Vietnam Veterans telling me about a black strain they smoked there and was supposed to be awesome. But everything I see is just green. Anyone know anything about it? CL🍀
We have black weed or chocolate in Jamaica it’s just green weed pressed together wet that turns brown/ black

In Jamaica it’s fresh but once the pack it for export that’s why it turns brown / black the thing is they don’t separate the seeds so when they press 10lbs into a brick the oil from the seeds come out too .. as bad as it can look the smoke is top notch done right .. it’s called yardez / or yard weed / Jamaican chocolate

led05

Chasing The Present
Cambodian #1 Selfed Seeds from my original grow of the above lineage ^^^

It took a lot of seeds to get two to grow; the original pop of Cambodian seeds only 2/45 or so ever grew of decades old seed, those two took months to get going, #2 even longer than one. Once #1 got going it exploded and had up to ten sites at one node - Whorled Phyllotaxy

Anyhow here’s two #1’s that are growing now, I’ll probably self both gently & make a fresh batch due to poor quality of the initial. I sprayed too hard I reckon, very lucky to ever even get the two to begin with so I’ll count my blessings…not surprisingly both were females

IMG_0008.jpeg

I’m also gonna X her to Male from the 2008 Malana Crème reproduction I’m doing, the structure of the Malana is an ideal mix and the plants all smell extremely unique vs any other “Hash Plants” I’ve grown, being spaced out tall monsters just adds to their allure, I expect the male I’ve got to blend very well with Cambodian #1 for numerous reasons,

Cambodian #1 Female

1704843695673.png

Malana Male

1704843487218.jpeg

Extremely extremely rare tropical Cambodian Queen #1 x Extremely Rare Mountain Asian Hash Plant Malana Male- hell yah !

Last edited:

harvestreaper

Veteran
Looking good brother
ty so far so good seems to follow the thh mum in structutre ,the laos male puts real long flo times on everything ,,so far my fav crosses was to the todds haze ,and lime madness , didnt clik well with my sweet sk/nl just doubled the the flo time with no gains lol,,,,,your malana cross sounds interesting had a friend used to go to malana village back in 80s and would occasionaly bring back little bits of real good quality hash he was a real hashead and rated the malana right up there ,,

Maria Sanchez

Wow! 15 pages of amazing SE sativa beauties as I work from home today.
Some master-level growing and top shelf genetics.
Thanks @led05 and @harvestreaper in particular for the grow pics.
And @Donald Mallard and @Piff_cat for sharing their knowledge.
And everyone else who has contributed here.
Makes me keen for the next season here -- spring Mar to summer Aug.
Have a few Thai crosses from OJD and my own crosses from those to run.