What's new

Calizahr and Romulan with Mr. Bongjangles

ConceptOfSleep

Amazing thread Mr. Bongjangles!!

Every shot in the thread has me droolin, and your setup is nice and clean!

Ill definitely be taggin this one even though Im so late to the show:D

:lurk:

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Firstly.. Thanks to everyone who stopped in recently.. The kind words are sincerely appreciated!!!

Secondly, took down one of the Cheese plants tonight.. Quick post-cut pic:

Time to smoke some iso i made from the trim and get as baked as possible! hehe :dance:

Y

YwouldntI

wattup bong!!! hey man hows things with ya my friend?
its been a minute yo,i been busy as hell and havnt been in chat that much lately.
that will change soon though...
wattup,you start a new thread or what?pm it to me yo.peace-Y-

kunafoot

good looking plants do you just hand water the coco with hydroponic nutri?
was considering doing this but the dude at my local hydro shop talked me out of it said there would be a salt build up. is that tru i was down to buy some top notch nutrients "advanced conisour" but he talked me out of it. he said i needed a full hydro set up to push hydroponic water.

asa42

Anime n Stoner Aficionado
for real, what happened mr bong? i'm curious how your roms tasted! we found a lemon flavored one...mmm yummy!

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK, sorry to anyone who was watching this thread.. I'm a bad host hehe. Figure I will take a minute to write up the Romulan and give some closure to the thread, even if I abandoned it there at the end.

Well the Romulan came out pretty good. Small, but incredibly dense buds.

The scent is like classic herb mixed with lemon.. Very nice!

I found the high to be definitely on the sativa side on all the plants, confirming imo that Federation seeds reworked this line in a different direction. Old descriptions of this strain should not be considered accurate for the current seeds on sale.

The potency on one hit wasn't impressive to this daily smoker with a high tolerance, especially considering the description... BUT.. This herb has no ceiling, and each hit takes you higher and higher. By the time I got to 3-4 hits in a short period of time (20 min or so) I felt like I was nearly on some psychedelic mushrooms. Not peaking or anything, but definitely in that place.

Yield wise, I was not impressed. Not a disaster, but I wouldn't expect a bumper harvest from this strain. That said, I currently have one of the Romulan clones in flower that was topped in veg, and it looks to have made a big difference in what the plant will yield given the same veg time. Recommend topping the current Federation Romulan for sure.. Please be careful with that advice if you have older seeds or a cut though.

So anyways, while I didn't bother to update the thread, I took a few pictures of the Romulan and made some stereoscopic 3d images.. I'll throw those in here because I'm too lazy to make solo images, and if you'd like to see them in 3d without glasses, check out the link in my signature for instructions...

----------------------

----------------------

----------------------

So that pretty much wraps this one up. Thanks to everyone who has stopped in with kind words & thoughts!

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
Nice looking buds there brother! I just upgraded to a 1k for flower and am planning on getting a dr120. What were your temps like? I'm just starting to get concerned about heat seeing as how I have a batwing reflector. I was hoping keeping the exhaust ducting right by the underside of the reflector would pull out most of the heat. The fan is a Stanley blower and I'm going to be exhausting right outside utilizing the passive intake with Tempe being around 65 in the room it will be in

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A-Loc said:
Nice looking buds there brother! I just upgraded to a 1k for flower and am planning on getting a dr120. What were your temps like? I'm just starting to get concerned about heat seeing as how I have a batwing reflector. I was hoping keeping the exhaust ducting right by the underside of the reflector would pull out most of the heat. The fan is a Stanley blower and I'm going to be exhausting right outside utilizing the passive intake with Tempe being around 65 in the room it will be in

Thanks man.

When I ran 1k in the 120, temps were like 75-78 degrees.

I have an air cooled reflector with a 6'' vortex on it though. I think temperatures would be much higher without air cooling the light, so I would suggest you consider that as well.

I can't be sure for all circumstances, but I want to go ahead and say that you'll need separate ventilation for the light and the tent if you want to rock a 1k in there with acceptable temperatures.

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
Shit well I'm gonna have to hope for the best with this first run. I did just realize that I have a fantech fr150 which is good for some 240cfms that way once I get an aircooled hood I'll be good to go

Latest posts

Latest posts