What's new

California may legalize in 2010!

Koroz

I don't see where you quoted gives people in counties that ban sales the right to grow. All it says it the right to possess small amounts. Sure it doesn't outright ban it, but you don't think SB/IE/SD won't argue that this only gives someone to possesive a small amount of processed cannabis that they will have to get from a "friendly" county and have no right to grow in the county they live?

I'm sure it would. But would it matter either way? You act like San Diego, SB/IE all follow the rule of the law, I don't live in Santa Barbara, or Inland Empire, but I did live in San Diego for many many many years. They are by law required to follow Medicinal Cannabis laws but they don't.

So not sure I see your point....

Regardless of what any initiative says, San Diego at least will not honor it and will fight it just as they have all the Medicinal use laws that have been put into effect. What the change did was at least allow people to have small amounts compared to what it was before which was nothing at all.

But as I said, it doesn't matter now. Read the last post by me quoting the lawyer who left the initiative group and formed his own. We shouldn't even be, in my opinion anyways, working with the taxcannabis2010.org group at all. We should be getting the word out to drop all conversation, and contact with them and start supporting the new initiative setup by Joe and the group of defense lawyers who are writing a more robust and protective initiative.

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
I
But as I said, it doesn't matter now. Read the last post by me quoting the lawyer who left the initiative group and formed his own. We shouldn't even be, in my opinion anyways, working with the taxcannabis2010.org group at all. We should be getting the word out to drop all conversation, and contact with them and start supporting the new initiative setup by Joe and the group of defense lawyers who are writing a more robust and protective initiative.

I agree wholeheartedly. When comparing the two different proposed initatives, the one by the Oakland CARTEL (yes I am calling them a fucking Cartel because they are behaving in a similar manner aka OPEC) is terrible and has so many obvious flaws (intentional ones) that it would be insane to actually support it. The draft from the Pier 5 lawyers is much more robust and there are only minor details that bug me personally, really such tiny and minor things I'm not going to mention them.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
CaNORML is not on board with this initiative. I really don't have to think this one out as I'll defer to Dale's judgment one way or the other.

Koroz

CaNORML is not on board with this initiative. I really don't have to think this one out as I'll defer to Dale's judgment one way or the other.

can you link me to where they state this, would like to read it. My guess is, since AB390 was put into motion by Norml (or am I mistaken) then they would obviously be against any other initiative wouldn't they?

But I would like to read why they are against it. Be interested in others opinions.

Pay_Attention

Good deal FF and everyone keeping the discussion alive. And thanks Koroz for pointing out the post by Joe Rogoway and the pier 5 initiative. It's really helpful to just be able to compare the two side by side to see how seriously Oakland's version falls flat.

It's sad to think that they have all this money and political will but they insist on using it to trample on the backs of the individuals. Especially when you consider they could draft an initiative that didn't include all of the restrictions and tricky advantages and it would still result in extra shares of the windfall profits simply because of their organization, experience and influence.

I don't think a legalization prop is anywhere close enough to a slam dunk to risk alienating folks like us that will get the word out. If they insist on working to push anything close to their drafts onto the ballot, I'm not only going to make sure everyone I know hears about why it's a bad initiative, I'm also going to make sure all my friends know why it's a bad idea to patronize any of the businesses linked to funding it, starting with oaksterdam u, blue sky, harborside, west coast leaf and skunk werks clones in socal and oakland. Maybe these guys should think about whether they want to risk both the initiative not passing and ending up with a bad reputation long after.

I agree with Freedom Fighter too that this isn't the only example at all of directors of organizations like the MPP and ASA working against the people's interests. It would be nice to know where the advocacy groups officially stand on things like this prop and what's happening in places like Sacramento and Santa Cruz. It'd be nice to know if we have any real friends left out there.

I'm here in New York. Lived here all my 53 years. Started smoking at age 13 (1969). For the last thirtyfive years I've smoked almost if not every day. In 2005 I was assaulted and my spine was damaged and I was left permanetly disabled.I worked for almost forty years before the assault. I can't walk too long without help. The things I used to do so easily I want to do and can start to do but I just cant finish. Cause after fifteen to twenty minuites in to a physical activity my body seizes up in spasam. My doctor here in NY will give me as much Oxycontin, Morphine, or other opioid that my body can stand. The opiods stopped working last year. I was a junkie on them. Marijuana allowed me to taper my dose down to use opiods only when I am in a severe seized up state. I can't get Medical Marijuana in New York legally. To help my condition I have to break the law. Or I can take the horrible legal heroin. We need Medical Marijuana in New York NOW. I used to smoke because it was fun and I enjoyed it. Now I smoke for the same reasons along with the undeniable fact that Medical Marijuana allows me to get reliefe from my medical condition. My doctor on the other hand says' I can't wait for legislation" when I tell him what works. The he hand me the prescription for their dope. If I can't get my green medicine I need to take something for the pain. Anyway like I said before after forty years of experiece I know Marijuana can be bad for some. However It can also help so many suffering. I can only say Medical Marijuana needs to be legal in New York. Please help.

D

DMXAK47

so when are they going to make a ballot were they going to see and try to make it legal on cali? i saw it on the news a 3 or 4 months ago. and were they wanted to put that 50 doller tax on every once.

B

Blue Dot

I think a lot of us here are almost "too close" to this issue in that we see thru what richard lee is trying to do but IMO the fact is 90% of californians are not this close to this issue and if it's the only iniative on the ballot that even mentions marijuana and "decriminalizng" (or whatever people believe that it is doing) then most people are just gonna vote for it not really reading or even understanding the whole iniative.

All people are gonna see is "legalize MJ" and boom they're just gonna check "yes".

Koroz

if it god dang makes weed legal in any more sense, seriously, come on guys, this kinda that first big step we need

no it isn't. Read the reasons why posted by me, and follow the link to the whole thread. I used to think the same way, but if an initiative is going to put more people at risk and causing harsher penalties then we have now, while making it legal for a very small sect of businessmen looking to get rich it is NOT the first big step we need.

alphacat

...I never thought that a fellow smoker and Medicinal user would try and slip one past us. I thought we all had a fellow brother/sister hood between us because of our love of Cannabis but I was wrong...
The only thing scarier than a hypocrite is someone who believes their own line of bullshit - i.e. organized religion, etc. - and sadly, even we aren't exempt.
:yoinks: Dude, ALWAYS think things out for yourself. Read the fuckin' fine print, even if it's painful.

Seriously. As someone with experience in the financial services sector, that's one thing I've taken to heart.

Because in the end, everyone follows their own agenda, even when it's not what they think it is.

In light of all the clusterfuckery this bill has engendered, I'd like to quote Shakespeare's "Henry VI":

"first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers!"

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
There are people that you can trust to read the fine print for you. Yes, few and far between and perhaps as few as 1 for every 99 poseurs, but Dale is eminently qualified. Having known and watched the man work for almost 20 years I have no problem deferring to his judgment when it comes to issues regarding cannabis in California.

P

PkRipper

so you all like taxes ?
i dont care for inspectors busting in with medical grow room lbuilding code inspections , its the thoughts of 'outside ' knowledge of whats going on "inside". How much do those fire marshalls make a year? Alot of stupid poeple do stupid shit and if permits and innspectors are involved and Mj becomes FREE then i will still espect more burgerleries and robberies ounce everyones info is bounced from agentcy to another personel information will be "leaked out " like it manages to every now and agin

i dink izzt's dime to tayke MI medz..................................................

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
I'd like to get a hummer from Angelina Jolie, but that ain't gonna happen either. Being pragmatic and accepting factual reality is often different than what we'd like life to be.

Latest posts

Latest posts