What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cali connection girl scout cookies "thin mint"

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hate the playa not the beans. ^^ Cool little rant there 50State. hehe

Swerve

Swerve

Can't comment on the "Flavor of the month". 35 year grower, some of the best genetics I've had came from swerve. He named larry og after me (without my permission). I'll give him a pass on that. The Tahoe, mendo purp x sfv, Larry, and many others are top shelf genes. Some may have had some bad experiences. I can only go with my experience. In the beginning,... decades ago most bean sources was a total crap-shoot. For instance I have the orig bros grimm C99 that I use to grow and it's was one of the best strains I have ever had from anywhere. A few weeks ago popped eight beans of that C99 that had been in a cigar tube for two decades appox that I had crossed with a calif master kush. The baby plants already smell (when I rub the stem) like strong pineapple lemonaid.:woohoo:will post pics when they are larger. Good luck with your GSC.:)

A

acridlab

all the positive words are much appreciated from you guys,, n 50state, no i dont have photos on the phantom or candyland, it was a grow a friend and i did. im not saying they were bad, but they were heavy on the purps n thats not my thing.. the candyland was frosty as hell and had really heavy nugs,, nice sweet floral/grape aroma.. grew like an affie.. the phantom cookies had a lot of stretch and not a lotta bud... had the whole anise blk. licorice think going on.. not saying there arent keepers out there,cuz ive seen some bad ass reports.. but yeah, not for me.. and much respect @ some old dude,, knew i wasnt crazy when it comes to cc's genetics. nice to hear from somebody that has first hand knowledge on the gear. n yeah, it used to be a pain the ass to get good dank in seed form.. like, you had to travel n shit, lol lotta cats know nothing about it... anyhow,, peace out all, may everyone have heat on this cold azzz night in the midwest.....

B

BredForMeds

For me now cookies are old news. Don't get me wrong, I would still take a cut if someone was offering. In just the last few months I have seen so many awesome plants that were made by the people growing them. It really sparked my interest in making some of my own crosses and seeing what kind of fire I can make. Especially after reading the cookiefam interview in a magazine and realizing that the forum came from a seed somebody found in a bag of "real" cookies. Just made me think that all the seeds I have been saving from accidents in my grow could be fire just waiting to sprout. I could have the next cookies or gorilla glue, you never know until you try......

the thing with that is.. ya ur fuck ups could be fire waiting to be germed.. but.. if u just use a good male.. and a female of each strain u have. u can make a few nice crosses. and not have to worry half as much about hermis

superjet

Can't comment on the "Flavor of the month". 35 year grower, some of the best genetics I've had came from swerve. He named larry og after me (without my permission). I'll give him a pass on that. The Tahoe, mendo purp x sfv, Larry, and many others are top shelf genes. Some may have had some bad experiences. I can only go with my experience. In the beginning,... decades ago most bean sources was a total crap-shoot. For instance I have the orig bros grimm C99 that I use to grow and it's was one of the best strains I have ever had from anywhere. A few weeks ago popped eight beans of that C99 that had been in a cigar tube for two decades appox that I had crossed with a calif master kush. The baby plants already smell (when I rub the stem) like strong pineapple lemonaid.:woohoo:will post pics when they are larger. Good luck with your GSC.:)
"he named larry og after me" that's some funny shit right there!

yes sir.

yes sir.

"he named larry og after me" that's some funny shit right there!
Way back he sent me some beans to test. I gave him my first name something I would not normally do but I figured no harm. Sent him my observations and pictures of the now Larry OG . Next thing I know, Larry OG is his latest strain. Ah well, lots of Larrys out there...LOL

:tiphat:

superjet

Way back he sent me some beans to test. I gave him my first name something I would not normally do but I figured no harm. Sent him my observations and pictures of the now Larry OG . Next thing I know, Larry OG is his latest strain. Ah well, lots of Larrys out there...LOL

:tiphat:

with swerve who knows right? I always thought it was because he crossed his sfv og male with the "clone only larry cut" out of orange county. sorry if I came/come off like a dick. I cracked some of his larry og beens almost 2 years ago and found a pheno that is still the one of the strongest strains I have, and I'm constantly popping different beans in search of "that one!"

Coconutz

Veteran
This old fool keeps saying the same shit because he has no clue
Like swerve would actually come up with a new og name when all he does is make knockoffs
But whatever. Let the old fool have his fun

Why...?

Why...?

This old fool keeps saying the same shit because he has no clue
Like swerve would actually come up with a new og name when all he does is steal clone only strains
But whatever. Let the old fool have his fun

Why be a "Dick"..? If i gave you my prior name on here and the other site that is now long gone you may have more respect...? I was doing this sonny before you where born probably. :biggrin: Try to help people here and just a bunch of ass-clowns. Later haters. And yes I am the larry OG ...!!!

ECtraveler

Veteran
The Larry OG cut has been around longer than CC has been in existence. Swerve himself says in the strain description that it's a cross of the cut and not what you claim. Sometimes a coincidence is exactly that.

Cali Connection said:
...This is another project of mine to bring the Famed Larry cut to the worlds stage. I once again used my trusty SFV OGK F3 male to pollinate the Larry clone,

edit: CC isn't even the 1st seed company to have a "Larry OG" in seed form. That would be Elite.

sith44

These Fake Cookies from Cali Connection may be the best weed I've ever smoked...in 26 years. That's living in Northern Cali for 15 plus years and trips to Amsterdam twice a year. I dare say...I may have found a truly ELITE plant here folks....I've got 4 elite mother's to my name...but this is from another planet elite....better than the real gsc.

50State

That's prime time sith44.
It's good to see that people are having good luck with California connection genetics. Keepers can come from anywhere fake cookies or bag seeds, no matter what trolls think.

sith44

They're in the flush cycle now...I'll post pics shortly (I've been saying it for weeks lol). When I first started flowering them, after a few weeks I thought to myself: "wow, I may have something special here"....and I could tell by the huge lemony/menthol scent that these weren't cookies per se (or had anything to do with the real cookies) and the frost level was becoming ridiculous to the point that the trichs were stacking upon trichs...and the trichs were HUGE!!! . Anyway, I noticed some low light stress hermies on the very bottom of my favorite plant so I decided to pick them off....and I figured I'd dry some of the smaller buds out.....maybe the best smoke Ive ever tried to this point. Pure menthol and lemon pledge. I actually just ordered another pack of them, because my dog ate 3 out of the 5 phenos I had isolated in clone form. Pics coming soon...I think they deserve a separate thread here. I don't use the word elite...ever....but I think we may have found one here...I mean TRULY elite.

A

acridlab

Getting there,, cc gsc
Lights on, lights off

Attachments

• IMG_20140208_222037.jpg
    IMG_20140208_222037.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20140208_223024-1.jpg
    IMG_20140208_223024-1.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 16

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
Getting there,, cc gsc
Lights on, lights off

Looks great man! I saw in the cannafornia thread your getting some beans for a test run. I hope you do a journal. Either way I'm gonna get some of those s1s. I have a verified forum cut and a platinum cut that I know nothing about except it vegs like a beast. I like the idea of running a side by side and there is always a chance to get something special in an s1. I would s1 myself but I just don't want to work with pollen in my grow again anytime soon. Do you know what cut those guys used for the gsc s1s? Anyways nice nugs :tiphat:

S

skeezo

was he joking?

Yeah, he really named it after me!!!
At first it was named after Bob Dabalina!..
Do u know bob Dabalina , mr bob Dabalina?

I was bobs neighbors, cousins uncles friend on OG, CW, n stoner chat..

Hope that helps...

A

acridlab

Looks great man! I saw in the cannafornia thread your getting some beans for a test run. I hope you do a journal. Either way I'm gonna get some of those s1s. I have a verified forum cut and a platinum cut that I know nothing about except it vegs like a beast. I like the idea of running a side by side and there is always a chance to get something special in an s1. I would s1 myself but I just don't want to work with pollen in my grow again anytime soon. Do you know what cut those guys used for the gsc s1s? Anyways nice nugs :tiphat:

thanks, mrgoodbudz,, and yeah, when i run the testers for cannafornia, im gonna try to do a journal,, still have to figure it out, im horrible with computers. but yeah, that would be nice to see some of the cookie seeds run next to the clone only's from out west.. alot of people are getting a lil extreme, with the whole, whats real and whats not,,so proceed with caution, lol.. when it comes to cali connections seeds, theres alot of bashing about its authenticity... i have no clue what he used for these s1s,, nor does anybody else out there for that matter..someone on here, said cc recieved untested cookie bagseed and thats what hes sellin. but to me its all hearsay..no offense to anyone, but i dont believe shit on the internet or t.v or radio...ha ha.. i can say that ive tried a fair share of samples around the tricounty area of mich and the appearance, smoke, and aroma were all different, every time.. and the best part is, the guys/gals holding these cuts claim theirs is the only real one in town.. soo, therefore this strain is kinda funny to me,, way worse than the og snobbery in its hayday..all in all, like ive said earlier in this thread,, these beans are better than the other supposed cookies im running into in mich... so if they are fake, than everone elses is faker:) i just enjoy the smoke and the relief it gives me and to other patients... i still like my ogs n chems n diesels more than all the cookies n aliens tho,, just my opinion