What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cali connection girl scout cookies "thin mint"

Happy Times

Thanks man. Like I posted before, they are an amazing pack of beans whether you need mothers or have plenty already these will work their way into the mother room.
I personally never expected to get the cooks. I figured even if he had legit cookies and crossed them as he advertises I still didn't expect to get the cookies. My theory was just getting into the gene pool of the cookies would be worth getting these beans. F1 Durban? Cherry Pie? Or whatever the fucks supposed to be in it I want into that gene pool with the hopes of finding something nice and different and possibly a 8-10 out of a perfect 10 plant. What I'm looking at maybe is that and more. MASSIVE FROST OF LEMON PLEDGE and other nuisances I can't begin to describe. Did I mention Super Duper Frosty?
So I guess I'm advocating more the pack of beans itself, and whatever they are they are excellent. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen a bad report yet If I'm recalling correctly. I've got at least 3 very different phenos...including this long haired fucker everyone keeps referencing.
I've got pics of the entire grow seedling up to the start of week 8 (today :). I'll post them when I'm not so lazy. :tiphat:

I wonder if this might have been a mislabeled pack? Like SFV or something related instead?

Didn’t read the whole thread, apologies if already discussed

MadR1

Anyone done any crosses with it? I only just ordered these great sounding fakes. It’s my stubborn belief that any fem is only as good as it can be when it’s made Reg.

I can say this about whatever GSC cut I bought from a Cali dispensary and crossed to my gear. First round, some nasty tasters. Second gen inbreeding, only awesome offspring, a lot that taste chocolate and mint like the clone.

I had one recently from my mix that tasted like cinnamon and chocolate, s’mores! I don’t usually keep mothers or make many clones, but I wish I cloned that one. I hit it with Grape Ape pollen.

I’ll report later if crossing this to my often chocolate and mint heavy Purple GSC cross or such X GA has some magic cookie babies.

MadR1

Do these beans look GSC? If you made a cookies cross you know what I mean.

Like the F3’s of my alleged Thin Mints cross pictured here. These beans look very GSC to me. Kinda extra big with extra big stripes. Sorta cartoon looking!

I often name my strains after the taste. Will call this one, “Purple Cookie Thing”. To not put all my eggs in one basket I’ll focus on 3 lines.

1. PCT
2. PCT x CCTMf?
3. PCT x Mochi (Cross with TM on both sides might have less Pink Panties phenos). I gotta go pick up one of these clones, looks to be avail near me.

Attachments

• 23C4DF92-8670-48DA-8739-C0CE08B3C00F.jpg
    23C4DF92-8670-48DA-8739-C0CE08B3C00F.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 103
  • A6CF25D2-8458-417C-BC06-960BAFC2BDF0.jpg
    A6CF25D2-8458-417C-BC06-960BAFC2BDF0.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

MadR1

I have very limited experience growing fem seed.

One thing I gather, though, is that feminized seeds from a clone of a hybrid will yield different phenotypes. In regular breeding it sometimes takes hundreds of plants to find a phenotype that has the parent traits you seek.

Perhaps it is a legit fem TM. Maybe there are other factors cause of the unusual genes of the OG used to make TM. Tahoe Cut? Itself an S1. Maybe this is the monkey wrench in the mix making it so you need to do some work and hit it double with Reg pollen to unlock the realm of common TM phenos. In my 10 years of breeding I’ve seen strains that alternate every other generation being more like a particular mother!

Maybe also the environment where the fem beans are born is a factor. Give 2 different people in different states the same hybrid clone to fem and the results will be the same? (Grow them where breeder made them and maybe they will be more TM)

I also think how you put the pollen makes a big difference. First open sack vs whole m plant left to really mix the pollen grains/dna options.

MadR1

Yeah, do what corn breeders have been doing for years to get more of the real deal results you want.

(Next Gen TM cross A = CC GSC fem) x (Next Gen TM cross B)

But I think you should also hit it with reg pollen twice to remove the S1 of S1 =S2 factor. I did that to my cousin to CC GSC cross and never got a hermi. I do grow with less light though.

MadR1

Ha! I found 3 bagseed in some Denver Cookies I bought from a store.

I cancelled my order for the CC. False advertising is lame.

I’ll take my chances with these bagseed. Tastes like a Thin Mints cross to me.

And I picked up a clone of another TM cross, Mochi.

Cool, I have 3 different pathways to cookie ness.