What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cali connection... avoid!

Mikenite69

Veteran
Ya I have never done it so I can't really speak on it but I would figure if you photo shoot your girls like a model shoot or if you are testing for a breeder and always interrupting the light cycle eventually one strain would stress and cause nanners I would think.

But I am not defending swerve I think the dude just looks like a Wiesel dueshe bag and have seen many old post on here where all he did was bash other breeders. Like saying all Orgnkids gear is bunk and his plants were shit. Its funny because I see more of Orgnkids shit being more sought after than swervie swerves offerings.

It does Seem to be a general agreement from people that have grown swerves gear that the deadhead og is fire. Everyone I have ever heard that grew that strain raves about it. But I guess any hack or wannabe breeder will eventually strike gold atleast one time.

true grit

Veteran
thought this was a thread from years ago. lol. folks just now realizing swerve is an outsourcing hack pollen chucker? ha. well good luck with that, poor ethics in the past means he deserves all the shit talking he gets.

Z

zooty

I grew out super lemon haze with no issues. I highly doubt the hermie was my error my research leads me to believe its a genetic hermie...

Plus the hundreds of threads online complaining of CC hermies lead me to beleive this too.

Also i'm not here to discuss whether it was my fault i'm just letting people know that cali connection gear is no good, i read the bad reviews but thought i'd give them a chance but never again

ChemCat

Everything I have grown of theres has been hermie

it's a shame because they are some great plants, but the owner should test the damn plants before he puts them out there

I've got 1 regular female half way through flowering right now, i'll comment on Cali Connection when it's done, not much to go on i know but signs are very promising up till now, infact i'll be getting a few more of there varieties based on this plant reguardless if it hermies or not

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
It reminds me of Rezdog a bit..

some people like swerve chucking these lines around kind of assume you know how fragile and liable they are herm if you stress them at all, especially since often blatantly not that much parental selection has taken place.

I also get the feeling from what i have read that most don't run the clones of the plants that hermie and some times any from their pack because they see ball sacks, this is a big mistake imo. Clones get to mature much better before they are flowered so they deal with all stresses better, took me a while to learn that and i got rid of some brilliant Rezdog genetics because i was new to this world of bud that freaked out if i didn't do exactly what it wanted..

Plus many growers new to these lines seem to start with cali connect. And the name seems to help swerve be even more of a love hate entity for some reason.. all of this reminds me of Rez but rez's shit imo was better and actual work had gone into it and we used to all be new to chemdog/SD, and swerve doesn't come in and swear at us all lol

for what its worth i popped a few corleone kush a lifetime ago and neather girls hermed, really tasty and awesome high as you would expect from bk/sfv..

ChemCat

The way i'm doing it with breeders is to get 2 different packs and make my assumptions on the 2 separate lines, this should give me at least some idea what the breeders are like, thanks for the advice on the Deadhead guystiphat.gif, i might get them and then move onto other breaders

guy fawkes

Veteran
ran the reg ogiesel, first run was shit, only 7 germ and only 3 worth keeping 2 nice fems and a og dom male, i made f2s with the og dom male a geisel dom fem and made some f2s of wich ive grown some killer plants.. much better than the f1.. would i buy from there again.. no the guys a tool and his gear has gone down hill , he used to be cool but developed a serious ego issue.

Z

zooty

It reminds me of Rezdog a bit..

some people like swerve chucking these lines around kind of assume you know how fragile and liable they are herm if you stress them at all, especially since often blatantly not that much parental selection has taken place.

I also get the feeling from what i have read that most don't run the clones of the plants that hermie and some times any from their pack because they see ball sacks, this is a big mistake imo. Clones get to mature much better before they are flowered so they deal with all stresses better, took me a while to learn that and i got rid of some brilliant Rezdog genetics because i was new to this world of bud that freaked out if i didn't do exactly what it wanted..

Plus many growers new to these lines seem to start with cali connect. And the name seems to help swerve be even more of a love hate entity for some reason.. all of this reminds me of Rez but rez's shit imo was better and actual work had gone into it and we used to all be new to chemdog/SD, and swerve doesn't come in and swear at us all lol

for what its worth i popped a few corleone kush a lifetime ago and neather girls hermed, really tasty and awesome high as you would expect from bk/sfv..

I threw my clones once I saw balls, not worth keeping shitty genetics. and i'm sure a clone of the hermie will be just as likely to chuck balls aswell.

Z

zooty

Also lol at people saying looking at your plants in the night time could make them herm

that's absolutely ridiculous any plant that does that has some weak ass genetics.

AbeFroman

I have had a few herms. Mostly from femmed seeds. I will only touch their regular. The deadhead is fantastic.

Z

zooty

photo1(8).jpg

heres a pic of the hermie 818

AbeFroman

Yeah im not suprised. Unfortunately the male/female ratio in the regs has not been very good in my experiences either. But Im convinced their femms are not stable.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes.

Blueidpirate

Although I haven't bought any CC gear for years. And my current breeder interests are elsewhere. We currently have OGiesel and Alien Vacation (3yrs old) & Alien Vacation V2.0 (1yr ord, last of the pack).
We have run all regular seed of...
Deadhead OG, Chem Valley Kush, The Funk, Chemberry, OGiesel, Regulator Kush & Alien Vacation.
The only one that had issues was Chemberry.

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Prolly gonna catch a lot of shit for this one......... I have grown quite a few of Cali Connect strains. Never seen a banana , let alone ballsack to this day. Everything I have grown turns out killer too. The only strain I have been disappointed with, is the Original Sour D. Definitely not what I expected. Don't get me wrong it's still killer, and my peeps love it. Makes super rock hard nugs, and finishes in 9 weeks(8 if I really want). It does have a sour smell to it, just not what I expected. It grows like a son of a bitch and clones easy. Swerve mnay be a giant tool, but seeds are seeds. Lots of people don'tlike Aryan, yet grow his seeds. Same can be said for a lot of breeders. I see lots of "homegrown" seed companies around the web that use CC strains as parents. And reviews of their gear are on par with results from a lot of other seed companies. I guess to each their own.........

A

acridlab

I threw my clones once I saw balls, not worth keeping shitty genetics. and i'm sure a clone of the hermie will be just as likely to chuck balls aswell.

Not always true,, alot of dank strains these days are a lil unstable. Diesels, chems, cookies I.e.
I've noticed that most cases of hermie from seed are because the plant from seed is more vulnerable due to environmental conditions and the amount of food they are given.. most times the clones from these said genetics will not herm at all.. give it a shot one day. Ul see..
And when it comes to cali connections,, the owner may be whatever,, but there is flame in the Damn packs..more so, than most companies out,, don't care what people say.. people bitch about his hermies n other problems, but honestly, I can find the same things being said about all the "respected breeders" of the "moment"...

Z

zooty

Cali connection and Dutch Passion probably have the two worst reputations on the internet followed by GHSC and Barneys Farm.

Yes you can find fire in CC packs, but not worth having a seeded garden.

Latest posts

Latest posts