What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cali connection... avoid!

DJXX

Veteran
Another thing people forget is that the cheap silver ducting is a light leak waiting to happen. If you look at the normal silver ducting it has pin holes all through it and light can easily sneak though it. My last grow I got a couple nanners on some plants and I had to step back and think about what might of caused it. Well my intake that goes into the side of my tent I was running that silver ducting and there was light getting through it and that's where exactly the nanners where on the plant. I have since went and bought light proof ducting and in 2 days I'll be at day 50 without any nanners.

That was the first time I have ever got nanners in my grow was my last run unless like what was stated a late flower nanner but that's a plants natural instinct or it could be also from taking the plant way past it harvest date.

Another thing many people over look is small lights like say for example the orange light on my surge protector/timer that is enough to also cause hermies so you might want to put some tape over any small lights like that also. Also if you are growing in a tent those damn things come from the factory with light leaks so you have to make sure to cover all the stitching up around seems and zippers and everything else.
some good points mike...my buddies red indicator on the co2 controller was so bright it was causing him problems...as soon as he covered it with black tape things smoothed out...this plant is finicky sometimes...especially chems and diesels..dj

Mikenite69

Veteran
That's for sure broski dj these plants don't need much light during lights out to cause hermies which is really wierd because out in the wild they have moonlight constantly and that doesn't cause them hermie issues wierd.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
I don't really like CC, but I have seen people pull some nice stuff from their stock. With that said, the genetics are not stable. It's basically a pollen chuck with elite clones. Some of the seeds do herm rather easily...its like throwing a dart in the dark, blindfolded trying to hit a stamp dead center...

JointOperation

I don't really like CC, but I have seen people pull some nice stuff from their stock. With that said, the genetics are not stable. It's basically a pollen chuck with elite clones. Some of the seeds do herm rather easily...its like throwing a dart in the dark, blindfolded trying to hit a stamp dead center...

best post about it period..

exactly wat swerve is.. dude used to talk mad shit .. bout others.. but he was running a 1800w of light grow.. and shit.. if u ever look at swerves old pictures of grows.. he sucked at growing.. his shit looked all defiency ridden.. and not properly grown.. and he went around talking shit. because he lived were it was EASY to get ELITES.. honestly.. ANYONE in CALI.. that can get the ELITES,.. could do the EXACT same thing CALI CONNECTIONS is doing.. pollen chucking with elites. and then if ur lucky he pops 10 seeds to see if they are decent before selling. IF UR LUCKY..

he thinks he can just take any 2 elites.. cross them and sell them without testing them because there KNOWN ELITES.

GREED .. AND WANTING TO BE THE COOL GUY.. LED HIM INTO LOOKING LIKE A FUCKING JOKE.

Mikenite69

Veteran
I haven't bought nothing from Cali con. I just can't see spending the money on his gear especially since there are cheaper seed sellers out there that u can get great genetics from.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's for sure broski dj these plants don't need much light during lights out to cause hermies which is really wierd because out in the wild they have moonlight constantly and that doesn't cause them hermie issues weird.

As to why "nature's light " doesn't cause hermies....or as many hermies...outside they veg MUCH longer under light that changes in color & intensity as the seasons change... it won't start to bloom until the daylight hours change, then they bloom "naturally"

Indoors, we are forcing them to bloom when WE want after vegging only a short time... HENCE if you get light in the dark periods, they think the seasons are changing again, and try to seed themselves before the "cold weather" they expect to come next - and they die... or so the plants chemistry expects.....

So with artificial indoor light, the grow time, we are controlling the environment.

Seems as though it's a universal problem w/ Cali Conn....inferior genetics passed on....thus, hermaphroditic traits.

Cannavore

Veteran
I haven't bought nothing from Cali con. I just can't see spending the money on his gear especially since there are cheaper seed sellers out there that u can get great genetics from.

All the best seeds I own were 100% free GIFTS from great people.

Mikenite69

Veteran
I am with you on that cannivore I think more Love goes into it when its from a buddy than some seed breeder.

My gsc x ogk are coming out fantastic and they were free beans. I have more free beans from my same buddy that I am sure will put a lot of shit out there to shame once I Grow them out. Plus the fact the key word is free here that makes it even better because we didn't have to drop a dime on them. Lol

I totally agree, you can see the love in peoples work that are not just trying to make a buck and what happens when they do. With that said I have only ran 3 seeds from them all of which were freebies. No hermmies but nothing spectacular either, it was a small selection but I wont be purchasing any of there gear in the future.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
CC gear Is garbage...

I look at my ladies in the dark period all the time with a flashlight during lights off and never get hermies... i'll go look at them everyday and interrupt them during lights off and zero problems...

SWIRL'S entire line of work is a waste of time/money

Been saying this since day UNO

DJXX

Veteran
flashlight and no hermies...it takes the smallest pinholes to hermie some strains...wow never heard that one...Mr Shadow...what strains have you grown of cali connection...personally i find your flashlight story hard to believe...dj

Storm Shadow

Veteran
It takes weak ass genetics to herm ... Plain and simple... something CC is full of

Go look at my pics in my profile....for years...every pic was taken during lights off...not one hermie...

Coconutz

Veteran
A flashlight on for a few minutes is not the same as a pinhole or someshit.
It would take like 10 mins of light to get them to even notice it.
That being said swirl is a fool, but there is some fire to be found.
Hey storm. I think you should smoke some deadhead so that when you bash swirl you can atleast say how fucking bomb that deadhead you blazed was

Mikenite69

Veteran
Ya I have to agree that constant pics of light during dark periods will eventually cause a strain to pop nanners. Just because the breeder looks for plants that are resistant to stress doesn't mean that it's totally bred out of there DNA.

My karma strains where the ones to hermie on me last round and karma produces some really good strains and I had the slightest light leak. I not saying it's impossible for some strains to not pop nanners but if you are constantly interrupting there dark schedule throughout flowering most plants will pop nanners eventually.

DJXX

Veteran
boy you are a lucky guy...but then again after hearing about light leaks i have never subjected my girls to that.....and a flash from a camera too...wow dono bout that one...i will look at your pics..have you grown out any of swerve's stuff... no matter how strong the genetics are if you interrupt the light cycle they will herm....if anyone else can help with this explanation...please chime in...dj

Coconutz

Veteran
You should be taking your pics with the lights off.
Its the only way to do it.
If you look in my album you can easily tell the ones done with the lights on vs off.
Its hard to get a good shot with those lights on

DJXX

Veteran
so the length of time that the light is on has to be longer than a flash to call their attention....good explanation cnutz..dj

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Bro Science

Please show me peer reviewed journals that explain Hermies and Light interruption

I take pics with a flashlight in hand and the flash on my camera... no hermies

Constant Light leak is a different story... but I've been doing it my way for yearssss and zero herms... no to mention I go through at least a hundred different strains a year

I took a pic of Swirls seeds I tossed in the garbage... they are on this site somewhere...

Why anyone would ever defend this lame is beyond me...if his gear is so fire... why is there ZERO demand for it out here in Southern California

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Im not talking shit on anyone also... I'm just not a fan of Swirl...never have been...

Everyone on this site is my Brother/Sister and all I want is the best for all of you

DJXX

Veteran
Im not talking shit on anyone also... I'm just not a fan of Swirl...never have been...

Everyone on this site is my Brother/Sister and all I want is the best for all of you
your grow pics are freakn awesome...definitely a veteran grower...and respect your way....thanks for letting me know a simple flash doesn't cause the harm i thought it did...thanks dj

Latest posts

Latest posts