What's new

Caboose (Trainwreck x BigBud)

Sourbear

Oh I see, my mistake. English is my second language and I often miss subtleties in the written and spoken word. Thanks for the clarification.

I am sure GHS are okay. Most people just think Arjan is an ego maniac. He has lived a fairly charmed life, but I am sure it was no walk in the park in the beginning. I seen and enjoyed his Strainhunter videos and know he takes chances. I seen him go to some places in my country (Colombia) that I most certainly wouldn't go.

No worries my man!

I've popped 3 strains from GHS
White Widow
Trainwreck
Caboose

They all have been nice additions to my garden
Nothing was terrible

And yeah I enjoy the strain-hunter videos as well
I do find my self questioning how they got a hold of the SCBB genetic
And the TW genetic
But at the random chance they DO have it, I figured why not buy the seeds!

Sourbear

The caboose ladies are throwing off some beautiful red and purple colors
I can't wait to see how colored they get as they continue to finish!

Nqm7z94.jpg

D0scbzm.jpg

Sourbear

Thank you Sir!
I can't wait to get a few of these caboose ladies in my 8x4 tent.
I'm going to choose the best two phenos from this harvest and try them first.
Two 20 or 30 gallon tubs
Going to build a super soil for them, let the microbe and bacteria war play out and feed my plants.
Add a tea when they get hungry.
Low stress train the branches to spread out and watch the nugs go wild.

Mr. Miyagi

Indeed!! Let me know when you get that soil mix ready... I think I may have a couple in soil one day to do a side by side..and experience it for myself.

Sourbear

Indeed!! Let me know when you get that soil mix ready... I think I may have a couple in soil one day to do a side by side..and experience it for myself.
Will do. I'm super excited to run a water/tea only setup.

I'm really beside myself with this genetic, I feel like I stumbled upon a real treat.
Especially as a grower who enjoys aromatic plants, I've always had a real sensitive sense of smell.
These girls are all so sweet and fruity and honey laced flowery smelling.
The colors and weight that are coming in now are simply the icing on the cake <3

This is caboose plant #7
She was the runt of the seed pops, 80% smaller than everyone else
Shes about 5' tall now while everyone else is around 6ft
And is turning more purple/red than anyone

I'm pretty sure I will keep #7 even though she doesn't have the most impressive structure/bud size.
She actually reminds me a lot of the Kandy Kush plant I grew one year (which is a OG Kush x Trainwreck cross)

ZzrJ5M1.jpg

RZzEi0C.jpg

geN1ElX.jpg

ovtkKxl.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Miyagi

i may have to convince you to let me come up there and get a cut! looks real good man!
I am a BIG fan of BoxCarWillie (Trainwreck x Willie D) too bad I can't get a hold of her again..huhhhh..

Sourbear

i may have to convince you to let me come up there and get a cut! looks real good man!
I am a BIG fan of BoxCarWillie (Trainwreck x Willie D) too bad I can't get a hold of her again..huhhhh..

I am only keeping 3 of the 8 genetics to mother out and propagate. I would not mind giving some of the other mothers out to a good home.

Sourbear

CAB#6
Soda Can is just getting bigger and bigger x.x
ASqS0y7.jpg

CAB#6
The one who got messed with by squirrels really bad
tEv45m0.jpg

She is the only genetic out of the 8 I popped with these fire red pistils
My dad said it reminded him of some shit they called Maui back in the 70s when he owned a disco.

Sourbear

Man.... I can not wait to let some of these genetics flower out in my 4x8 tent in some cold temps....the red/purple colors are so damn gorgeous.....

7n2UEI4.jpg

LjxGAuH.jpg

FeGM4CA.jpg

00bsfKc.jpg

2kKRgGF.jpg

Sourbear

fMIbGkN.jpg

6yhZrkf.jpg

WGMauTL.jpg

LhJ6Lj0.jpg

This is one of the 8 plants that got cut down, she had some yellowing on the bud and sugar leaves I didn't like.

QxiyZma.jpg

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Looking real good man. If you like these, I bet you'd like the Flowerbomb Kush. The year I grew it outside , it was some of the most potent meds I grew that year, no joke. Didn't have a very appealing smell, and kinda tasted like earth. But boy was it potent.

Cream47

Underground Grower
Hi Sourbear,

looking good these Caboose, this is mine I grew it indoor with a 250W MH/HPS, it was a wonderful lady with gorgeous colors

after 57 days of bloom :

picture.php

The smoke is very tasty red fruit, blueberry, and a fresh taste with mint and pepper, if you want to see the entire life cycle of this lady, it’s the last link of my signature but it’s in Italian language.

Sourbear

Looking real good man. If you like these, I bet you'd like the Flowerbomb Kush. The year I grew it outside , it was some of the most potent meds I grew that year, no joke. Didn't have a very appealing smell, and kinda tasted like earth. But boy was it potent.

I'm definitely going to be looking into expanding my strain base next year. RP's kandy kush is something I want to try.
And if the FBK keeps getting mentioned like she does I might have to get some beans of her as well.
Also I will absoloutely be ordering some pakistan chitral kush beans for next year.
I have a dream to cross Tom's Haze with PCK some day.....

I've done 10-12 plants the last few years, all the same cut and same size when they get transplanted into my 80 gal pots.
Mostly because having multiple strains creates ALOT of work for me in the manzanita.
I have my reservoirs over 400 feet away from where my plan ts actually are. And I force salt uptake for my plants feeding.

The last time I had 4-5 strains at my plot it was hell making up individual nutrient mixes for each strain.
Thats why I can not WAIT to build super soils where all i have to do is add water and EWC/Guano teas.
Let the micro herd do their thang and make food readily available instead of forcing the uptake.
I will be able to grow as many different strains as I want with my super soil, having a 100 gal brew tank at the site is going to be way easier!

Hi Sourbear,

looking good these Caboose, this is mine I grew it indoor with a 250W MH/HPS, it was a wonderful lady with gorgeous colors

after 57 days of bloom :

View Image

The smoke is very tasty red fruit, blueberry, and a fresh taste with mint and pepper, if you want to see the entire life cycle of this lady, it’s the last link of my signature but it’s in Italian language.

Thanks for stopping in Cream, & thanks for the kind words!

That is exactly why I want to run my caboose phenos in a 4x8 tent outside in my garage where its 50 degrees.
Your ladies got to run to their fullest extent!
I'n not going to be able to let her go as long as I want outdoors this year due to rains. (big storm coming tuesday)
So everything I have will be a bit of an early cut until I can get some ladies going in my tent.

I've gotten some smoke tests from my CAB#7 runt plant thats red/black
Fruit Punch, blueberry and earth is a really good combination of smells I get from most of her flowers.
There are two distinct phenos I popped though, one smells like kerosene/diesel/animal breath.
And the other smells like mango/guava/pineapples
The rest are just real fruit punchy with a dash of earthiness

Last edited:

Sourbear

What kinda nute mixes were you making for different strains?

I should have made that a little more clear, I was using different strength doses of nutes. Not like different brand name stuff for each strain.

One year I had
2 -Bubba Kush plants
2 -Sour Diesel plants
2 -Sour Diesel x White Widow plants
2 -Kandy Kush plants
4 -Cream plants

And the issue was my feeding system waters everyone evenly at once.
Well the creams where needing 2000+ ppms and the bubba/Sour D didn't need NEAR that much food.
So i had to mix up separate batches for different plants
With a 400 foot hose connecting between my reservoirs and my plants, it was a bit tedious lol

Most of the salts I use are Max Sea and Siemens, with a nice bloom booster mid flower

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
No worries my man!

I've popped 3 strains from GHS
White Widow
Trainwreck
Caboose

They all have been nice additions to my garden
Nothing was terrible

And yeah I enjoy the strain-hunter videos as well
I do find my self questioning how they got a hold of the SCBB genetic
And the TW genetic
But at the random chance they DO have it, I figured why not buy the seeds!

back when Kevin ran the Humboldt Patient Resource Center they were vending clones and flowers of SCBB and TW.
I'll bet Franco strain hunted there more than once.:biggrin:

nice flowers!

Sourbear

back when Kevin ran the Humboldt Patient Resource Center they were vending clones and flowers of SCBB and TW.
I'll bet Franco strain hunted there more than once.:biggrin:

nice flowers!

Thanks for stoppin' in Chunky!:tiphat:
I kinda wish GHS would include that bit of info on their site
I feel like seed vendors could be a little more detailed sometimes