What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C99 Pineapple

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I was under the impression c99 is jack herrer bagseed

And?

So the story goes... In ’97 Mr. Soul found a few seeds in a bud of Jack Herer bought at the Sensi Smile coffeeshop. Found “Princess” and then found a nice male from Herer seeds he’d bought to cross to a (Sensi) Shiva Skunk, and from those resulting seeds selected males to cross to “Princess” and then began the cubing process to get to “Cinderella,” a cubed version of “Princess.” C99 is the F2 version of Cinderella.

So whether looking for a representation of Jack or C99, it makes sense that a cross of the two would be a good place to look, since they’re related.

LostTribe

Premium user
And?

So the story goes... In ’97 Mr. Soul found a few seeds in a bud of Jack Herer bought at the Sensi Smile coffeeshop. Found “Princess” and then found a nice male from Herer seeds he’d bought to cross to a (Sensi) Shiva Skunk, and from those resulting seeds selected males to cross to “Princess” and then began the cubing process to get to “Cinderella,” a cubed version of “Princess.” C99 is the F2 version of Cinderella.

So whether looking for a representation of Jack or C99, it makes sense that a cross of the two would be a good place to look, since they’re related.

Incorrect.

Mr Soul found 3 males in the various seeds he found in the bud of Jack from Sensi Smile. One Named Bro. He did not purchase any Jack seeds for this project. Bro x Shiva Skunk was the outcross to begin P.50 (Princess (Bro X ShivaSkunk).

Mr Soul, “I wanted to "cube" Princess but add a little beef to her branches because the buds were always too heavy at harvest and branches needed staking to keep from flopping over. I crossed my ShivaSkunk female with one of the males from the same group of seeds that Princess came from. THIS cross produced a male which was then crossed to Princess, creating "P.50" (using a shorthand notation I developed to indicate the fraction of Princess genes in the cross).”

This is from MNS via CW. CW has been taken offline again that sucks they had the original pics last year. I think I EM'd Soul a few of them bet they are in my email.

LT

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Incorrect.

Mr Soul found 3 males in the various seeds he found in the bud of Jack from Sensi Smile. One Named Bro. He did not purchase any Jack seeds for this project. Bro x Shiva Skunk was the outcross to begin P.50 (Princess (Bro X ShivaSkunk).

Mr Soul, “I wanted to "cube" Princess but add a little beef to her branches because the buds were always too heavy at harvest and branches needed staking to keep from flopping over. I crossed my ShivaSkunk female with one of the males from the same group of seeds that Princess came from. THIS cross produced a male which was then crossed to Princess, creating "P.50" (using a shorthand notation I developed to indicate the fraction of Princess genes in the cross).”

This is from MNS via CW. CW has been taken offline again that sucks they had the original pics last year. I think I EM'd Soul a few of them bet they are in my email.

LT

You’re the authority on C99. Not doubting your version. :tiphat:

But this version I shared was titled, “A Cinderella Story” (As told by Mr. Soul of the now defunct Brothers Grimm)

“... I’d also bought some seeds on purpose during the same trip to Sensi Smile, and from these I got a few more promising females and several males. I used pollen from one of these males on a heavy-yielding, dense, resinous Shiva Skunk female (from Sensi Seedbank), then used the resulting seeds to grow a crew of males worthy of crossing with Princess...'

Supposedly it’s his telling of how C99 came to be. Maybe his memory has clouded through the years...

LostTribe

Premium user
You’re the authority on C99. Not doubting your version. :tiphat:

But this version I shared was titled, “A Cinderella Story” (As told by Mr. Soul of the now defunct Brothers Grimm)

“... I’d also bought some seeds on purpose during the same trip to Sensi Smile, and from these I got a few more promising females and several males. I used pollen from one of these males on a heavy-yielding, dense, resinous Shiva Skunk female (from Sensi Seedbank), then used the resulting seeds to grow a crew of males worthy of crossing with Princess...'

Supposedly it’s his telling of how C99 came to be. Maybe his memory has clouded through the years...

He originally popped 6 out of 12 seeds he found in the 2 grams of pot at the shop. I believe he used this same male on the 3rd female Cafe Girl to create Rosetta Stone. That is from memory. That may be where he called it Bro also.

The new rosetta stone is totally different he lost the parent stock. Now a Jack ie Herrer's Cut and I think vortex maybe it was a male p.75. Freebies early in release are Unamed x P.75 labeled "O" he wouldn't tell me what they are and I haven't popped any. Later freebie was Urkel x P.75. Wondering if he may have meant O to be C88 Princess x P.75. That would be some Shiznit but I am probably dreaming the new 99 was a let down for me. Maybe the male was just way different from his p.94 or p.97 stock but at least its more potent than the FMS and the rest of the things I've wasted time on. I keep dreaming that Gyspy magically find a box filled with GNO3 stock for the masses. Anyway.

3 were female and 3 male. Princess, Genius and Cafe Girl (mother of Rosetta Stone, memory might have failed me) and the males.

Cheers Everyone!
LT

positivity

Veteran
Forgot how much the stem smells like pineapple. Coming along nicely

picture.php

positivity

Veteran
Thanks
250 hortilux blue on a cheap vivosun ballast. I actually really like the ballast..400w to 250w and runs cool. Amazing what you get for the price.

Almost want to say the plants are extra odiferous but it's been a while since I've grown this variety.

need4weed

Veteran
I have wally's pure c99. It's fire for sure. Might pop some to check viability. It's been about 3 years almost

M

Mr D

LostTribe you might want to contact Duke Diamond and ask him about his C99 X C99 S1 FEMINIZED which was made with original C99.

Interesting about the Bro x shiva skunk parent. Never heard that version. I heard he used a shiva male because it was made up of some of the same strains as JH. I think Duke talked about this in one of his interviews.

Soul started out a little suspect when he got caught using a sockpuppet to hype C99. I was buying from them direct before heavens stairway finally started selling their gear. Nothing against Soul but without Sly I doubt he's going to come up with anything special any time soon.

LostTribe

Premium user
LostTribe you might want to contact Duke Diamond and ask him about his C99 X C99 S1 FEMINIZED which was made with original C99.

Interesting about the Bro x shiva skunk parent. Never heard that version. I heard he used a shiva male because it was made up of some of the same strains as JH. I think Duke talked about this in one of his interviews.

Soul started out a little suspect when he got caught using a sockpuppet to hype C99. I was buying from them direct before heavens stairway finally started selling their gear. Nothing against Soul but without Sly I doubt he's going to come up with anything special any time soon.

Baudelaire said the same thing that he acquired seeds and cuttings directly from Soul on CW or OG before they were selling via HS. I have 1 of his C99's from Fleur du mal seeds at a few days into bloom. A couple more on deck when I get space. Initial veg growth is consistent for C99.

I really hope these FDM turn out to be what I am really looking for. If they are nice I am thinking about checking out his DTC99 f2's next also from Grimm original stock.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Is this strain related at all to the famous Oregon Pineapple clone only? Its an 11 weeker but supposed to be huge yield and insane flavor/terps

M

Mr D

I'm rooting for you to find what you are after.

I grew Baud's DTC99 and I can say with high degree of confidence that I received some seeds that got mixed up. It was not DTC99. I believe Baud has DTC99 but his organizational skills might need a little work.

Based on my experience with SSSC's Durban Thai Highflyer and AE77's CaliO, what I got was DTH x CaliO. Later I learned Baud was working with AE77's CaliO which confirmed my suspicion.

Never bothered contacting him about because I lost confidence that he would send me the right gear. Don't want to spend another 6 months growing out something to find out it's not what I bought.

To be fair to Baud I haven't heard another report of problems with his gear and sometimes shit happens. I think he just had to many irons in the fire at the time. I've purchased more Sol Strips from him since then so no ill feelings.