What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C99 Pineapple

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I remember good ole peppery Jack, that was some killer smoke. too bad if you are looking for pineapple though.

positivity

Veteran
No pepper here I don’t think, though you never know what might show.
Maybe one day I’ll look for pepper lines. So many terps so little time

LostTribe

Premium user
I had one that was both fruit punchy and black peppery way way back. I believe it was a GNo3.

OOOOOOOOhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm:plant grow:.........seeds blow tap roots......:plant grow:

positivity

Veteran
Slowly but surely. 2 of the Cindy's

Cool seeing the old leaf patterns I've forgotten. Bit of a narrow leaf lean...true to her sativa high?

picture.php

CBDman

if you like C99 pineapple

then the easy way is buy 10pack female seeds
Pop them

Take the 4 best to grow
You will have 2 Pineapples
and 2 other good

positivity

Veteran

Pop them

Take the 4 best to grow
and 2 other good

So I should throw my regular wally duck pineapple away?
Let them die off and buy fems?

I don't agree.
Not to mention I already have these seeds. It would not make sense to risk buying seeds I already have.

Nothing against female seeds. Great option

FYI
I have never agreed with the female only option. Breeders who offer regular are my preference and who I support with my money
If wally was still around selling seeds i would put mine away and grow his if they were still affordable and safe to procure
If wally wants some of these seeds I will give him as much as he wants

There are many who prefer female only. They can cater to them

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user

Pop them

Take the 4 best to grow
and 2 other good

Uh NO.

First off allow me to inform you I have grown multiple packs of the following:
-REAL Brothers Grimm P1 stock of P.97 ie real C99 from Heavens Stairway
-GNO3
-Dutchgrown
-NuggetShiner
-JoeyWeed
-Mosca F1
-Mosca Bx1
-New Brothers Grimm ( I met Soul in Denver before he released and smoked him out on some of my Cindy)
-F3's of GNO3
-F3's of Mosca F1 and Bx1 and mixes of the 2
-Bunk Female Seeds C99

FMS is NOT repeat NOT pure c99. And most definitely NOT PINEAPPLE C99. Most definitely hermi also. Ran FMS C99 its a joke. I bet cbdman is fms actually you sound exactly like those people. They tried to tell me the same BS story when I had pics showing the herms and description of the plants. Wasted money on propaganda and all they care about is money not putting out pure varieties. Their AK isn't even AK nor any of their other releases?

I tried to contact their breeder Ferry and they wouldn't even tell me if they were using 1 cutting reversed on itself or multiple plants. No response on whether or not if they had been keeping a real line going with 1:1 female:male matings, nothing. If they can't tell me that then its obvious they don't have the real deal only a fake polyhybrid.

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Wally had it. Wally doesn't have any pure C99 anymore only hybrids so he told me recently. These are not to be discarded.

Leaves look very promising. Very interested as it has been my assumption that the plants that grew without the double serrated leaves were the ones you wanted for the sweet fruity c99. The ones with double serrations seem to give me the baby poo and grapefruit phenotypes.

Apologies for jacking your thread Positivity its just that someone claiming to have grown 20 years and suggesting you throw those out in favor of that junk really is disrespectful.

Best,
LT

CBDman

I have grow over 20years.

C99 Female seeds kicks ass.
The Pineapple phenos are best in world.
The others is great too

positivity

Veteran
Please be respectful in this thread.

Everyone

I have been growing for thirty plus years and have yet to sell one seed for one penny

CBDman

i only grow feminised seeds.
I Buy seeds

C99 by Female Seeds is fire.

Read why:

paste:

ABOUT US

Female Seeds

Ferry, the main breeder started making regular seeds during his study, in the early '90's, as an extra income. Due to high demand from the Dutch seed companies, it became a massive legal regular seed production business for seed banks during the 90's.

"I never thought an extra student income would lead to such a serious business. Ultimately my dream was to save money for a small self sufficient eco farm.."

At the end of the 90's the first female seeds came on the market. They were very popular, but also very unreliable. The breeders' experience in massive regular seed production along with his engineering back ground motivated him to investigate into how to produce 100% reliable female seeds.

Female Seeds entered the market in 2003. It became a huge success because of the low priced quality seeds concept. Our seeds became so popular that we had difficulties with supply. At that moment many more feminised seedbanks started to enter the market. However, a good reputation, reliable and unique product and friendly service helped us to differentiate ourselves from the mass.

"Female Seeds has now entered a state of transition, from a company to a movement to invest in sustainable independent growing systems, like aquaponics and LED systems."

"Furthermore all profits will be invested into cooperative systems, ecological projects and regenerative agriculture. Helping people to have a happy sustainable lifestyle."

C99 FEMALE SEEDS INFO:

PRODUCT DETAILS

Genetic lineage: C99 x C99
Indoor: 8-9 weeks
Outdoor: YES. See page … for suitable Outdoor zones worldwide and corresponding harvest periods
Height:Indoor: 80-100 cm | Outdoor: 150-200 cm
Yield: Indoor: 500-600 g/m² | Outdoor: 400 g/plant
Taste/smell: Sweet and fruity smell of pineapple and grapefruit
Effect: Warm, glowing, happy and uplifting Sativa high fueling creativity

It was one of the first strains in female seeds that was launched at the birth of Female Seeds in 2003. But Ferry actually first started working on this strain back in 1999 and the first batch he produced of this amazing variety were regular seeds for a different seedbank. Years of experimenting with the original Brothers Grimm C99 led to the creation of our very own C99. The origins are difficult to establish, but it was a long flowering Sweet Tai landrace crossed with a short flowering Sativa. Most likely, the Durban Poison.

The current batch we are selling was backcrossed to stabilize the genetics with two specially selected C99 phenotypes, a Grapefruit and the legendary Pineapple pheno. The result is the holy grail of cannabis strains, a fast flowering Sativa that has the taste and high of an exceptionally sweet landrace Sativa. A landrace that would normally take up to a half a year of flowering. Yet our C99 flowers in just 8 to 9 weeks. Our C99 has an unusually high CBD content for a Sativa strain. It actually resulted in a new chemotype, CBD-Sativa. The C99 does not stretch too much and grows like a dream, very vigorous. If you really want to maximize yield, we suggest you veg the C99 for four weeks. Outdoor it stretches more than average in the flowering stage reaching a height of between 2 to 3 metres.

This C99 is a Sativa dominant hybrid and has 2 phenos. One is slightly more compact and the other stretches slightly more. The C99 forms one giant, candle shaped bud with several smaller nugs on lower branches. All very dense and frosty with resin.

Topping this strain or LST is not a problem for the C99. She is also a great strain for outdoor finishing mid-October in more temperate and warmer climates. The C99 is very mold resistant outdoors due to its bud structure. Therefore high humidity is not an issue for the C99.

One phenotype has that wonderful grapefruit smell. The other phenotype has that legendary, sought-after pineapple smell. On the whole, a very nice balanced taste between fruity sweet and pleasantly acidic. The high is a typically Sativa; a warm, glowing, happy and uplifting effect. This high is long-lasting and stimulates the mind providing you with plenty of creative energy.

Medicinal:
Neuropathic pain management (class A)
Relief of symptoms for Crohn’s disease and Colitis Ulcerosa (Class A)
Relief of symptoms of insomnia (Class B)
Relief of symptoms of spasms and MS due to its CBD content (Class C)

These are loved by MANY growers world wide !!!!!!!!!!

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
I had a killer C99 (a true pineapple pheno) from MJ @PSBC, it was from his C99 #2 mother, the yield wasn't big but it did hit hard, Sadly I ended up trashing her thinking she caught a virus or some disease, I found out later that my hydro hose was off gassing really bad to the point it irritated my eyes just to peak in the grow.

positivity

Veteran
First things first...you get my unbiased review of this variety

C99...it's okay...it's nice fruity sativa that can be very pineapple. Stone is medium strong. I get tired of it like every other strain eventually. I don't consider this particular line grail
I like it because it's what it is...not a mixed up mashup.

If you want grail plants maybe the ad above has what you want

I'm gonna go back to growing my old seeds now if that's okay

Be back in a bit. Need a break as life stresses have caught up...peace

LostTribe

Premium user
First things first...you get my unbiased review of this variety

C99...it's okay...it's nice fruity sativa that can be very pineapple. Stone is medium strong. I get tired of it like every other strain eventually. I don't consider this particular line grail
I like it because it's what it is...not a mixed up mashup.

If you want grail plants maybe the ad above has what you want

I'm gonna go back to growing my old seeds now if that's okay

Be back in a bit. Need a break as life stresses have caught up...peace

Positive Vibrations.....

LT

smilley

Veteran
Hi pos. It`s nice to see someone doing something productive like reviving an old favorite rather than praising another breeder. I`m interested to see what you have. The C99`s I grew this year (breeder nameless) are low in vigor and the buds are small and unimpressive. I`m looking forward to seeing your results....

Popey

Veteran
CBDman FS is a victim of her own fairy tale. Last year, FS changed the descriptions of their varieties on their website. Until 2018 there were completely different descriptions, at C'99 too. For changing these descriptions they should be kicked in the ass.
But I've been growing C'99 for many years and I have to honestly admit that C'99 FS is great.
In the "Cinderella 99 The Come Back" topic, user need4weed described the high of the original C'99 in this way:

I have original c99, had it for over 10 years now. Its unmistakable pineapple with a rotting smell in the background. Super potent, crystal clear high that leaves you feeling fantastic with a permanent shit eating grin on your face. For me, it also enhances audio and visual effects. Makes everything look like it's in 4k. The indica part if the high feels like your wrapped in a warm blanket.

Reading this smoke report I felt like need4weed was describing my feelings after each smoking of C'99 from FS.

'Boogieman'

CBDman FS is a victim of her own fairy tale. Last year, FS changed the descriptions of their varieties on their website. Until 2018 there were completely different descriptions, at C'99 too. For changing these descriptions they should be kicked in the ass.
But I've been growing C'99 for many years and I have to honestly admit that C'99 FS is great.
In the "Cinderella 99 The Come Back" topic, user need4weed described the high of the original C'99 in this way:

Reading this smoke report I felt like need4weed was describing my feelings after each smoking of C'99 from FS.

I have also grown and liked FS C99, some C99 plants are garbage though some are great. My best one had a strong pineapple smell with a hidden evil rotten smell to it also. Very trippy high for me. I never tried the original however so while I will say great plants can be found in FS I have no clue how close to original it is.

redlaser

Veteran

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks FS c99 description is odd.

Glad some don’t feel ripped off and had some decent results.

The part that seems the most bizarre is the original lineage.

“A long flowering sweet Thai landrace x short flowering sativa, probably Durban poison, although origins are difficult to establish”.

To call that C99 is just stealing the name in my opinion, and putting it on some random hybrid of unspecific origin.

Am I missing something here?

Popey

Veteran
redlaser, in December 2017, FS claimed on their site that their C'99 has genes C'99 Grim Brothers only. In January 2018 there were already bullshit about Thai and Durban. loool

But as I wrote earlier - despite these nonsense, their C'99 is very good and I used it in my private breeding project.

redlaser

Veteran
redlaser, in December 2017, FS claimed on their site that their C'99 has genes C'99 Grim Brothers only. In January 2018 there were already bullshit about Thai and Durban. loool

But as I wrote earlier - despite these nonsense, their C'99 is very good and I used it in my private breeding project.

It seems like new management/ownership is in place, hard to explain such a radical difference otherwise.

I have no firsthand knowledge of FS or their seed line, only know what I’ve read online, don’t doubt it’s possible good things are there somewhere.

The vagueness in the description is just odd, although after reading seed descriptions for years, it’s not so far off from other vague descriptions. Sounds pretty random, like it could be a S-1 even from one of the three possible parents.

Latest posts

Latest posts