What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C5 Haze x Kali China limited edition

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Here’s the cob shots right before our Turkey Day.
EB116A9A-D5A4-41AA-B6AC-76367BCCC10B.jpeg
317493E9-7728-4969-BC33-9A2409F62949.jpeg

Still very much a Coca Cola smell to me with chocolate. A little damp, but I’m letting it dry for an hour or two and then back in the vacuum seal.

tricepa79

Thanks for sharing pics of your outdoor C5 Haze x Kali China tricepa79 (y) Looks mostly C5 Haze dominant from here, with a bit of colors from Kali China. How are the scents, flavours and effects of the outcome ?
Hi Dubi,
scents and flavours are more on the Kali China side (incense tropical fruit and a complex background). Effects are clear at start and become relaxing and dreamy at the end.
Very beautifull plant

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Glad you had a pleasant first experience smoking C5 Haze x Kali China Ur Humbl Nr8tor such complex hybrid really needs a cure to fix correctly all the details of the terpenes. The cob looks dangerous ;)
Only just beginning to smoke her now, dubi. All previous reports were prior to. I need a week or two and then I will share more thoughts. Aromas are sweet, tropical, fruit with nose in the jar. Squeezed buds have a grilled meat aroma. Plenty of power on this one.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
excellent -OSAKA CASIO- :) please keep us updated how your C5 Haze x KC grow goes when you have the chance!

@Holeshot51 glad to hear is one of your all time favorites friend ;)

lucky tricepa79 you got a fruity incensey one leaning to Kali China like my favorite ones :D

Indeed @Ur Humbl Nr8tor it kicks me hard every time i try C5 x KC (and HPH x KC too) 🤣
Being straight Kali China hybrids, one would expect to find some kindness, but damn no, you receive the strong kick and super long lasting creeper trip of several stages from (Nevil) Haze hybrids side.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing yours @ilovegrowing :) Seems she leans towards Kali China for the terpene profile and to NL Haze (more to NL actually) for the bud structure and look of the flowers. You are correct, C5 Haze x Kali China got both: the robust bearing and big, broad leaves from indica side, and the stretch, vigor and yield of a sativa dom. Quite hungry plants as you said.

Some flower structures of this hybrid are so big and dense that must watch out for botrytis, but the genetics were tested outdoors in a wet, cold greenhouse in rainy climate passing mold tests, so botrytis in this case can be individual dependent, and on environment too.

ilovegrowing

yeah, i have run her in a little pot to sex and test it. and there she developed some botrytis. so yes, probably a combination of individual and lack of ventilation. she is shaking her hair in the wind now and everything is fine, will give an update, when she is finished.

i used the term tropical fruit in a general way, but i think i picked the wrong category. its more a fruity citrusfruit aroma of orange, grapefruit, maybe a bit of lemon. i think i have hear you say @dubi , that you believe the modern widely spread amnesia haze core cut maybe derives from the nlhazeC5 side and i really get that idea in my plants aroma. a bit more spicy but there are imo clearly similarities.

i dont smell so much the kali china side i know of. but i just saw 3 individuals of kc. but they have been quite similar in smell. kept a purple one for breeding purposes. thanks again!