What's new

C5 Haze in the seed form

Nexus7

G'day EB.

What are your opinions on the Ace Malawi? Any chance it's a Haze C hybrid?

Phylos DNA testing seems to indicate it's related to all the Nevil work. Maybe a Sk x HzC or Jack Herer type?

I think you did a Malawi x C5 not so long ago?

Cheers,

N7

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No me you and Elmerbud did not contribute what Neville did and not even close.

Yes Neville did have a hand in most famous strains because when you look back at alot of the story's they lead back to the seedbank, Sensi seeds, Greenhouse seeds etc etc
What did you Elmer bud or me contribute to building of our industry as we know it today and what famous strains did we contribute to ?

If it wasnt for Neville making millions of seeds and spreading them far and wide our scene would defo not be as advanced.

Some people in this industry wanted to keep it small and boutique and Neville had other plans to flood the world and it worked and help build our industry to what it is today and give guys like me you and Elmer having access to many more strains and seeds.

When you and Elmer or i do something like that then you can claim you helped build our industry, until then your just any old grower, growing in a room or 2 and didnt do nothing any normal grower does and that is not what Neville (RIP)did

Neville is the best thing our Canna scene
ever had and made so many famous varieties and spread them worldwide into the hands of many talented people who also helped build our industry.

Who else has achieved that back then.
Yes today there are many talented breeders but if it wasnt for Neville there wouldn't be half of them doing what they do today.

Peace
I respect his work but we don't owe everything to nevil nor did he have a hand in every strain or cultivar we have now, that's nonsense. he was part of the evolution and cause. same as you, me, and elmer bud. we all support the movement.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G'day EB.

Phylos DNA testing seems to indicate it's related to all the Nevil work. Maybe a Sk x HzC or Jack Herer type?

Cheers,

N7

Never grown Ace Malawi .
What I grew was C5 x Malawi f1/ f2 from Afro Pips by Yo Sammy long before Sammy and Dubi collaborated .

I dunno much about phylos . Mowgli lost me years ago .

C5 x Jack is good commercial Haze .

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
G'day EB.

Cheers,

N7
Malawi likely has indica genetics somewhere, but I think in phylos they just messed up with the samples (see Mauritius)

TheDarkStorm

I wouldn't go by phylos..ther systems obviously not wat they say...ther are way way to many mistakes...and with no starting point to trace stuff back to cuz its been lost it technically shouldn't work properly anyway...to much missing info...most of it looks like ther going on hear say an ther nonsense groupings....mind you it wouldnt surprise me if traces of nevil's work are found in alot things available..whatever ther claimed to be

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
C5 x Jack Herer by Hupla .

4AKfyKN.jpg

Nexus7

Malawi likely has indica genetics somewhere, but I think in phylos they just messed up with the samples (see Mauritius)

Yes the Indica would be from the Skunk side.

I do agree the Mauritius and Neville's Haze samples have been switched though.

But the Older Killer, New Killer and MalawixPCK are all related to each other. So no mix up there.

Makes sense to cross Malawi to A5 and C5 too. Distant relatives ...

Peace,

N7

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
No me you and Elmerbud did not contribute what Neville did and not even close.

Yes Neville did have a hand in most famous strains because when you look back at alot of the story's they lead back to the seedbank, Sensi seeds, Greenhouse seeds etc etc
What did you Elmer bud or me contribute to building of our industry as we know it today and what famous strains did we contribute to ?

If it wasnt for Neville making millions of seeds and spreading them far and wide our scene would defo not be as advanced.

Some people in this industry wanted to keep it small and boutique and Neville had other plans to flood the world and it worked and help build our industry to what it is today and give guys like me you and Elmer having access to many more strains and seeds.

When you and Elmer or i do something like that then you can claim you helped build our industry, until then your just any old grower, growing in a room or 2 and didnt do nothing any normal grower does and that is not what Neville (RIP)did

Neville is the best thing our Canna scene
ever had and made so many famous varieties and spread them worldwide into the hands of many talented people who also helped build our industry.

Who else has achieved that back then.
Yes today there are many talented breeders but if it wasnt for Neville there wouldn't be half of them doing what they do today.

Peace
well I think we all play our art. ive spent all my growing life passing out cuts, helping other growers out however I can. im not a breeder and tbh they are ten a penny now days anyway. if nevil had never existed, we would still have the cannabis scene we have today. dj short, sam, shanti etc all the rest are all part of the evolution. nevil did what he enjoyed then ducked out for many years. I heard he was a herion addict.
while he ducked out, the scene moved on. we all stand on the shoulders of giants, but were the people keeping this thing alive and being like you, in a country where this isn't legal for recreational use, I feel like we are still risking our freedom for this passion.

so we gonna have to agree to disagree.

TheDarkStorm

Funny people..ther are still afew of us left who seen with our own eyes wat the man did....dj was helped by those in the dam through nevils work...as was shanti...sams work was rearranged an distributed world wide by nevil..it may have looked like the man ducked out due to at one time being one of the most wanted men in the world by the dea..but believe me..the guy was stil around for many years...i wonder who first made seeds available world wide to evry home and evry person, an who pioneered that whole idea...I bet most people have no clue how most seeds are made an wat was used as starting blocks for most....
But evryones entitled to ther own beliefs.

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your words show you know nothing about what Neville did or our scene .

well I think we all play our art. ive spent all my growing life passing out cuts, helping other growers out however I can. im not a breeder and tbh they are ten a penny now days anyway. if nevil had never existed, we would still have the cannabis scene we have today. dj short, sam, shanti etc all the rest are all part of the evolution. nevil did what he enjoyed then ducked out for many years. I heard he was a herion addict.
while he ducked out, the scene moved on. we all stand on the shoulders of giants, but were the people keeping this thing alive and being like you, in a country where this isn't legal for recreational use, I feel like we are still risking our freedom for this passion.

so we gonna have to agree to disagree.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The Canna community at its best People attacking a breeder that only past away months ago whos work has been copped re named .In thread a bout a strain Nev breed and offered it to the world that to this day is the pride and joy of many growers.

KITCHA

Veteran
I smoked some C5 a mate brought back from the US last week, Prior to we have blazed some really nice outdoor Kush and three bowls of the C5 cut rite through and felt like id had a very strong coffee, Nice lemon taste and silky smooth.... Such a nice treat

To answer the original posts question after smoking the C5 and looking at pics, Chimeras Fem Sweet Skunk hybrids throw some very C5ish phones in particular the Sour D x SS and Cheese X SS

Peace Kit

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Island sweet skunk is a lovely strain and another famous strain made with Neville's seeds or clones. Anyone who has smoked the ISS knows its all Haze dom

I was always amazed how Hazy the ISS was by the name.

Quote from online

Breeder Steve's Sweet Skunk has no direct relation to skunk and is instead the SPG clone pollinated by a NLxHaze. It was originally thought to be a skunk male pollen donor, but it is now agreed that it was instead an NLxHaze.

PeaceQUOTE=KITCHA;8765366]I smoked some C5 a mate brought back from the US last week, Prior to we have blazed some really nice outdoor Kush and three bowls of the C5 cut rite through and felt like id had a very strong coffee, Nice lemon taste and silky smooth.... Such a nice treat

To answer the original posts question after smoking the C5 and looking at pics, Chimeras Fem Sweet Skunk hybrids throw some very C5ish phones in particular the Sour D x SS and Cheese X SS

Peace Kit[/QUOTE]

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Sweet Skunk is a also a favorite of mine, the #10 clone Steve selected was the more Haze dom phenotype that he found in the accidental SPG x NL5/Haze seeds he had. He first thought it was an accidental cross made with an Big Skunk male, once her name despite having no Skunk in the lineage.

The aroma is citrus/ slight grapefruit like smell mixed with wood and incense.

OldCoolSativa

I'd like to know how Ft. Collins Cough, AKA Colorado Cough, an elite Nl5Hz clone from the 1990s, compares to C5 and other Nl5Hz variants. Anyone here smoked or grown both?

Latest posts

Latest posts