What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C- BANANA S1

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Up potted my 4 C Banana S1 plants today. They went from 4x4 pots to 1 gallon pots.

I have a picture of the roots and the smaller pots in front of the gallon pots. I took clones from the 2 plants on the right. The other plants were not big enough to get clones from.

I set the plants down a little so they were covered by about 2 inches of new coco.

The big plant on the right is having issues. I dont think it likes being dry at all and having a small pot. So maybe the bigger pot will help it some.

I topped the pots with NAPA floor dry to help with fungus gnats. Being in coco the plants hate being any bit dry and freak out. So the floor dry is like adding a DE layer. Except it is not powder it is small stones. It should slice those little guys up.

I pretreated it with a flush to get the dust out and a nute solution.

billb

Veteran
No strip no pest thing we were talking abt the other day and you’ll never see another pest of any kind

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
No strip no pest thing we were talking abt the other day and you’ll never see another pest of any kind

I cant use them in this set up. To much air exchange for them to build up in the air. I might as well throw them in the back yard and save some time.

Ickybud they look great ...nice & stout with good stems ...

they grow lean so do whatever U need to encourage side branches
The two on the right are taller than the two on the left. It was the right two that I took clones from. And yeah they have stout stems for sure. The LED does that to them.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cant use them in this set up. To much air exchange for them to build up in the air. I might as well throw them in the back yard and save some time.

The two on the right are taller than the two on the left. It was the right two that I took clones from. And yeah they have stout stems for sure. The LED does that to them.

the genetics have alot to do with it too , because you should have seen the tree trunks that Star had on his !!! Tree Trunks !!!

~star~crash~

from the past ...this was Skunk #0ne

from the past ...this was Skunk #0ne

picture.php

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
coughie ..... are the top buds smaller than the ones closer to the stem on each branch ?

not trying to be a dick , but they all have that classic locked up look . early on in the budset it looks like they got locked up by a to heavy dose of food , i've had it happen more times than i would like to admit , so i know the signs ......
1 & 2 don't look to bad , they might be able to handle heavier feeds , but the rest have that tiny bud , leather leaved , pointed to the lights locked up look i've seen to many times

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The CBs1 #2 in my garden smells fucking DEVINE! Pure sweet banana funk. But thats the one outa the 3 that didnt root in the cloner. Figures huh? I got some more seeds left so I dont have plans on rooting a cut half way through flower. But I just may have to. It smells and looks wonderfull!

Coughie

coughie ..... are the top buds smaller than the ones closer to the stem on each branch ?

not trying to be a dick , but they all have that classic locked up look . early on in the budset it looks like they got locked up by a to heavy dose of food , i've had it happen more times than i would like to admit , so i know the signs ......
1 & 2 don't look to bad , they might be able to handle heavier feeds , but the rest have that tiny bud , leather leaved , pointed to the lights locked up look i've seen to many times

I wouldn't say they're smaller, no.

I did top dress the 150 gallon pot at the beginning of the round though, and they are showing very very slight tip burn on the fan leaves.

74F & ~55% RH

The leaves do look leathery in the pictures but I haven't touched them lately, so I will tonight. The pictures are a little deceiving though, they aren't really pointing at the sky like the pictures make it seem.

Half of the phenos look one way and the other half look another.. well, almost half:

#2, #6, #8 look similar
#3, #4, #5, #7 look similar
#1 is closer to the latter, but more pointy/cone

#1 & 4 didn't stretch as much as the rest and have funkier terpene expressions so far - I'm guessing these two aren't keepers. These two barely stretched to the trellising.

#2, #6, #8 are also the tallest - similar height. #6 has very little aroma but #2 & #8 are the closest to a banana smell so far.

#3, #4, #5, #7 all have varying levels of sweet kinda-banana/kinda-funk smells coming off them.

But we're also only... about half way through flower, so we'll see how things change still

~star~crash~

my observations when i grew her(hard to compare 'cause they were outdoor for 95% of their life) was initially the flowers were small and compact, but then they started to blow up on me ...you've all seen the pics...i'm really pissed at myself for not grabbing a cut when i had the chance .. i miss her oh well

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You want the leaves praying to the light. When plants are happy they do this all the time in my garden. Having my girls do this is a must here.

Clawing or droopy leaves is not what we want. I learned a long time ago less is more. Out of all the plants grown in soil never found 1 that wanted more then 1.3ec for flower and 450ppm for veg.

150g pot is massive. Takes a long time for a small plant to dry up a pot that big. U shouldn't need anything larger then 5g indoor. Larger pots are used for moms ,really long vegging plants or outdoor.

Last edited:

~star~crash~

Hammer do you think they are ok? they look pretty frosty.. are U saying they may be over fed? peace ... just for info so we can all learn better ...