What's new

By far and without a doubt, the least expensive conventional, synthetic fertilizers

Stranger

I say get it now before they up the price, slap stupid names and labels on it, dilute the formula and start matching "others" in the market.

I like that you don't "need" additives and get perfect looking plants.

It is great.

Is anyone using Jacks with pro mix or sunshine mix? I tried it with coco - liked it. But it's hard to come by. What would you p.h. it to for those mixes, would you add any lime?

Shafto

What about doing an A & B NPK-CalNit concentrates so you can just put X ml to a liter/gal of each and still getting the correct ppms??

I was trying to do the maths yesterday but I'm just bad at maths... My calculations lead me to this: 200g/l NPK & 120g/l calnit dissolutions that I can use at a 5ml/l rate of each to equal in the "final solution" the said 3,6g+2,4g per liter. How wrong am I? Could I double the salts dissolved to divide the dosage, say 2,5ml/l or even less? Should I stick to a commercial bottled thing and stop messing around before I kill my plants??

Trying out Jack's but I'd like to mix up liquid.

Can someone confirm or not if this is good information quoted above? Seems good to me.

highdensity

I have made a liquid mix before using 3 lbs of Jacks into 1 gallon of water for part A . 2 lbs of CalNit into 1 gallon of water for part B.
(The jacks label states : limit of solubility= 3lb/gal)

!0ml of A&B per gal is full strength.

dgr

Shafto,
Here's the math I came up with.

If I dissolved 200g in enough water to make 1000mL (1L) of water, each mL would contain 0.2 grams of the ferts.

120g/1000mL = -.12g/L

If I took 5 mL of the first solution and put it into a liter of water, I would have 1g/L

If I wanted 5 mL of concentrate to contain 3.6g. I would dissolve 3.6*1000/5 = 720 g. Then each mL would contain 0.72 g and 5 mL would contain 3.6g.

I don't know if you can actually dissolve that much into enough water to make a liter of solution. You could try 360g/L to start and then use 10mL/Liter.

Shafto

Thanks highdensity and dgr,

I was more worried about how much I can dissolve into a litre. I will probably just go with 200/120 per litre, since it sounds like that will dissolve in fine. From the 3lb/gallon limit of solubility I get 355g for 1 Litre.

Making a less concentrated solution is probably better anyway, as your measurements are more accurate if it's less concentrated, any error is less than it would be if it were more concentrated.

I'm not actually worried about getting 3.6g and 2.4g per litre, because that EC would probably be too high for my liking anyway, I just want the right ratio so I can pour an equal amount of each into my res to reach ~1.2 EC.

wisco61

After spurr's awesome post on his nute formula, I started playing around with Hydrobuddy in relation to Jack's Pro. I tweaked his formula just a bit, but the basics are the same. I lowered C and Mg because I am using tap water, did 2 formulas instead of 3 and removed the trace mineral sources as they are covered with the Jacks. I also am using Jack's CalcNit instead of the Yara, because it is what I have. The difference is 1% less available C.

Veg Formula: 118 NO3, 15 NH4, 183 K, 30 P, 120 C, 50 Mg, 76 Si

for 100 liters:
AgSil 16H: Potash Silicate - CHN : 30.868 g
Magnesium Sulfate - CHN : 37.075 g
Jacks CalcNit : 67.328 g
Jacks Pro Hydro 5-11-26 : 44.086 g
Di-Ammonium Phosphate - Ebay : 3.683 g

for 1 gallon stock solutions used @10 ml per gallon
A - Jacks CalcNit : 254.864 g
B - Magnesium Sulfate - CHN : 140.344 g
B - Jacks Pro Hydro 5-11-26 : 166.882 g
B - Di-Ammonium Phosphate - Ebay : 13.942 g
C - AgSil 16H: Potash Silicate - CHN : 116.848 g

Flower is the same ingredients with the addition of Mono-Potash-Phos.

Flower Formula: 104 NO3, 33 NH4, 210 K, 80 P, 102 C, 40 Mg, 69 Si

for 100 liters:
AgSil 16H: Potash Silicate - CHN : 28.021 g
Magnesium Sulfate - CHN : 26.938 g
Jacks CalcNit : 56.929 g
Jacks Pro Hydro 5-11-26 : 43.873 g
Di-Ammonium Phosphate - Ebay : 12.622 g
Mono-Potash-Phos - CHN : 12.137 g

for 1 gallon stock solutions used @10 ml per gallon
A - Jacks CalcNit : 215.499 g
B - Magnesium Sulfate - CHN : 101.972 g
B - Jacks Pro Hydro 5-11-26 : 166.078 g
B - Di-Ammonium Phosphate - Ebay : 47.779 g
B - Peak: Mono-Potash-Phos - CHN : 45.945 g
C - AgSil 16H: Potash Silicate - CHN : 106.073 g

They come out to $1 for a 100 liter res and $3.60/$3.70 for a 1 gallon stock solution. The EC is 1.3/1.4

Its not as exact as spurr's and not as easy as Jack's + CalcNit, but I think it will work well for my needs so thought I would share it.

zeke99

bump, stop wasting your money folks.

glossy advertisements are just one reason why what you are using is more expensive than the products mentioned in this thread.

wisco61

Here are some plants grown with Jack's Pro Hydro. This C99 in a 5 gallon coco hempy started on GH nutes, but has had Jacks for like 30 of its 41 days of flower.

picture.php

These are on day 20 of flower and have had Jacks, CalcNit, Epsom Salt, and Potassium Silicate their entire lives. Growing in coco and perlite with 2 gal smart pots and Blumats.

This is what I am using currently. They are both around 3 cents a gallon.
Veg, early and late flower.
picture.php

Flower week 4-6
picture.php

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
If you can get a ppm and the meters name I can get the EC. If not that is ok. My water has a EC close to 0.9, and that changes through out the year. So I RO it to be safe. Thanks Wisco.

petemoss

Beautiful buds and healthy leafs, wisco! Wish I could keep my sativa leaves nice and green like that at six weeks flowering. But why are you adding so much epsom salt? I thought the Jack's has plenty of magnesium. If the plants aren't complaining, guess they like it that way!

Y

YosemiteSam

Here are some plants grown with Jack's Pro Hydro. This C99 in a 5 gallon coco hempy started on GH nutes, but has had Jacks for like 30 of its 41 days of flower.

picture.php

These are on day 20 of flower and have had Jacks, CalcNit, Epsom Salt, and Potassium Silicate their entire lives. Growing in coco and perlite with 2 gal smart pots and Blumats.

This is what I am using currently. They are both around 3 cents a gallon.
Veg, early and late flower.
picture.php

Flower week 4-6
picture.php

You might wanna take a look at adding a little bit of Fe to that mix. Some strains like more like 3 -4 ppm. A deficiency will show up as variegation...if you do see that a little chelated Fe will fix it right up.

Depth.Charge

Hey everyone, great thread - thanks for shedding some light on what appears to be a great and economical nutrient schedule. Thinking about ditching traditional nutes and going the Jack route next round. Apologies if I missed anybody posting about this but, anyone using the Jacks Pro 16-4-17(all in one) hydro formula? If so, are you supplementing with "bloom" boosters or anything else later in the grow? Claims to be a one part with added calcium, so no need to supp with Calcium Nitrate? Thanks again, great looking results using Jacks.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Do you mid if I ask the source of your AgSil 16H and Mono-Potash-Phos?
Also, I've been experiencing cloudiness in my res after a few days using
the 3-2 hydro-calnit recipe. Anyone else?

Latest posts

Latest posts