What's new

Butte's Bounty - 2011

Butte

Veteran
Morning everyone!

Continuing to be a really weird summer around these parts with temperatures around 55 yesterday morning. The fog rolled in and the even light motivated us to take some pictures. Yes, this is taken from a very tall tree yesterday.

picture.php

This lady is a real surprise this year - OG Kind out of Trinity county.

picture.php

We've been really busy installing the irrigation system and running it in as well as training and pruning the girls. Not totally sold on the emitter tubing yet, but it does allow us to drop 2,000 gallons of water on the garden in a go!

TG - We'll be top dressing with pine bark only this year. Once we're certain the emitter tubing is working as it should we'll throw down the bark. All guanos that would have been top-dressed in the past are being put into solution in the brewer and bubbled overnight. We then apply the extracted guano.

Yeoman - we work intuitively for the most part. Having done tea for years now, we follow a basic guideline of compost, casting, kelp and a humate source. Mix up your sources for each and occasionally throw in something special for the ladies and you are well on your way. Start tweaking a standard recipe noting your results to dial in the tea you need.

Well, back at it before it gets hot today. Will try to take a few more individual plant pics today or tomorrow...

Happy gardening - Butte

T

Trinity Gold

OG Kind looks great man. Can't wait to see you in bud. Thank you for the update.

Do you think putting the guanos in to the tea will bring them to the plants better than just throwing it down on top and watering it in?

feenom

Butte- for our guano teas we are seeping 1 lb to 1 gal of water for 48 hours then throwing it in the tea brewer and bubbling it to ensure proper consistency. we mix the concentrate at the ratio of 1 gal to 20 gallons of water in the brewer. can you share your ratios?

looking great.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
your garden is lookin lovely man ive been working alot lately hoping i can finally have a dream garden like yours.....those plants are massive too im in butte county too but my ladies arent as big as those!

R

Rysam

Man i need my own property. Its hard to justify spending tons of cash on holes that I may not have next year.

This is an inspiration for sure. I love all these local grows. keeps me mota-vated!

THC123

Veteran
Yes, this is taken from a very tall tree yesterday.

lol the first thing when i saw the pic was like , wtf did he rent a chopper to take areial pics of his plants?

Oh man such nice plants and such a nice spot you have there

thats i think everybodies dream here on the forum lol(except those stupid underover cops , hi guys oink oink)

305guy

First of all, amazing. Im in pure awe. I intend to mimic every single part of this grow as best i can. lol.

Now on to my question....in regards to the irrigation, forgive me if it has been mentioned already but it looks like you are running parallel lines over the entire bed, with each plant having its own drip ring.....can I safely assume that the parallel lines carry plain water and the individual rings are being used for direct nute application? Forgive again if its an ignorant question.

Y

YosemiteSam

Beautiful uniformity.

Did you pick plants that grow at similar rates? Start em at different times?

Butte

Veteran
Afternoon everyone. We’ve been having cooler weather than usual, but none of the rain some of you coastal and trinity folks are seeing. The ladies are really enjoying their space and are growing like mad. The blueberry frost have triggered already and are actively spitting out three bladed leaves. Since this strain comes in the end of September in a “normal year”, we’re not that concerned that this seems a bit early.

We are, however, battling moles this year. In year’s past, mole stakes have worked well, but this year no less than 25 of them spread out every 15’ has not done the job. Trying an organic product called gopher scram. We’ll see.

In the coming days we will be installing the t-posts and hortinova netting on the girls. They are rapidly filling out the concrete wire support rings and are beginning to look for more support. A reminder here that we look for 12-18 of growth outside the existing support (ring or netting) as our indicator we need to add another layer of support.

Do you think putting the guanos in to the tea will bring them to the plants better than just throwing it down on top and watering it in?

It’s really less about availability than the emitter tubing we’re using. Tough to water in a top dressed guano with emitters.

no answer on how you fought the fusarium?

Once a definite identification of fusarium was made by analyzing spores under the microscope, we used mycostop and myco madness in combination. This was applied on the stalk and around the stalk in a circle about the size of a dinner plate. We do not support using mycostop preventatively, only as a treatment for existing pathology.

Now on to my question....in regards to the irrigation, forgive me if it has been mentioned already but it looks like you are running parallel lines over the entire bed, with each plant having its own drip ring.....can I safely assume that the parallel lines carry plain water and the individual rings are being used for direct nute application? Forgive again if its an ignorant question.

There are only two plants with rings, the rest are watered by the parallel emitter tubing. The tubing only ever carries pure water.

Beautiful uniformity.

Did you pick plants that grow at similar rates? Start em at different times?

We started enough plants at the same time to be able to select for uniformity. We also sourced specific strains for their growth characteristics.

Everyone that is experiencing issues thanks to this weather, hang in there…this is farming after all!

Happy gardening - Butte

T

Trinity Gold

Hey Butte, I cribbed that technique where you pull the leads through the support system to bush them out more and it's working awesome for me. I was too chicken shit to cut them back hard this year but I can see how a combo of the two will give you cola city on em given enough room. Next year I am going to be way more proactive on support and quit using hortonova and going to texas tomato cages , then out to concrete fabric as needed. After that I will not be scared to hack them back and pull them apart like you're doing...what I did worked great.

Butte

Veteran
Hello everyone

Sorry for not posting more, but those who know me personally know my life is in a bit of an upheaval at the moment. In the meantime, here's a shot from the tree a few minutes ago...

picture.php

Happy gardening - Butte

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
nice pics man....hope to hear you settle everything in personal life....thats such a cool shot from that tree..must be like 50+ feet up! ever smoke a doob up there lol..

Butte

Veteran
Hello everyone

The sprinklers are in, the first layer of hortinova is up, and the bark is going down. All-in-all, we’re very happy with where things are at right now.

Blueberry Frost
picture.php

OG Kind
picture.php

Cherry Assassin x OG Kush
picture.php

Blue Dreams
picture.php

Betsy’s and Cheese on right
picture.php

Back at it for the evening session. Happy gardening - Butte