What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Butte's Bounty - 2011

warthog

happy harvest butte! would love to see some dry shots when you get the chance:)

also intrigued about your cover mix.. you have your own compost? you throw in some clover and what not?

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
What do you do with the stalks of the plants? I've heard that they'll spread fungus to next year's crop if they aren't taken some place far away.

nice to see someone producing quality medicine the right way... had i known in late november that this winter was going to be non-existant i would have cover cropped, but o well. is that soil mix from the worm farm?

tomtom11

Amazing garden bro i love it. I do all outdoor also couple counties over anyways i have a ? i have been trying to get mine to be perfectly round like yours and i know you said you top them around 3 4 feet tall but do you just top once in the middle or every top from the bottom or both. Thanks

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
what you got cookin up this year butte! looking over your pics is giving me some faith for this year lol...i was getting disheartened by all the people who already have 6-7 foot monsters in late june....my plants are about your exact same size right now. planted may 28th and they seem to be following your pics, just hope they are that bulky on july 21st...

anonymousgrow

I love this thread, I remember stumbling across butte's trench garden in 2007 back when i was in a closet under 400w dumping chemmy bottled nutes into my FFOF. I remember showing all my friends and swearing that I was going to get my shit together and get out to Cali and do it like that in the full sun. Granted it took longer than i wanted, I made it.

Yes4prop215, I was feeling the same way. I have a couple plants that are 5-6 feet but most arent up there with the rest of the icmag growers i am seeing with their killer plants this year. Also it seems like a lot the people that i have met and got to know so far in trinity and humboldt could give a shit about icmag and many of them are killing it with giant towering plants or have already chopped the first depo and are onto round 2 of 3 or 4. I am all happy with my few little plants on the hill but I got nothing compared to most people out here.

This morning i found myself browsing through this thread again after it popped back onto the front page. What an amazing garden, I still got a lot of work and learning to do. Even if Butte wasnt able to pull the numbers he was looking for in this thread, I am strongly encouraged that I will do well. Since this is my 2nd outside show I am only aiming for 3#/plant and hoping to do better than that. Last year I was hoping for 1#/plant and got 1.5.

Here's to another good Year!

Madjag

Veteran
Hey anon,

Very nice first year journal on your profile page....1.5 is quite alright.

Tom Hill stands by the statement, "The bigger the battery, the bigger the plant". The top growers on "The growing large plants, outdoors, thread..." like GanjaRebelSeeds, Aeroguerilla, OrganicBuds, Veg N OUT, Yes4Prop215, the Budologist, and especially Fillthepotmore all use either 600 gallon, 1,000 gallon, or even larger amounts in ground holes/mounds. Getting 6-12 lbs per plant is in reach then if everything is tuned perfectly like your soil and watering, the weather cooperates, you start with big girls, and a whole lot of other details.

My partners and I, back in the day, had a different plan. We had 270 girls that averaged 6.8 oz each and pulled in a nice 115 lbs. With what I know now, we could have tripled that easily with a little different soil prep and testing.....oh the joys!

Last edited:

furrywall11

Loved this thread. Totally inspiring on every level. What do you think guys? Any chance of a Butte Outdoor Garden 2013 thread?