What's new

Busted....I need a good canna lawyer

5th

Veteran
...I had a great round of golf bro. Didn't hit the ball worth a fuck...but I was out with solid folks wailin' ales n' enjoying life. Imagine having one of the best days ever...then finishing it by finding pigs in your driveway lol...

5th

Veteran
Thanks again for the support guys. Eh coolname...it might have been a blessing in disguise...maybe not...lawyer thinks she might be able to get it all thrown out due to CAS...she'll know after getting the transcripts. (fingers crossed)

Haven't slept in a lil while...you know why...so I'm gonna try. Thanks again peeps. Don't let the man get you down. :tiphat:

rushfan

Thanks to "Harper" anything over 5 plants=6 months min.
If I was in your situation I would look into defending myself in court(with research how to) instead of paying$$ for a lawyer.
I don't think any/many judges would feel that tax payers should be paying your hotel costs for your "crime" that the government will soon be selling and taxing us for.
I think(hope)you would get the minimum either way.
Something to think about, and wishing you the best.

Thanks to "Harper" anything over 5 plants=6 months min.
If I was in your situation I would look into defending myself in court(with research how to) instead of paying$$ for a lawyer.
I don't think any/many judges would feel that tax payers should be paying your hotel costs for your "crime" that the government will soon be selling and taxing us for.
I think(hope)you would get the minimum either way.
Something to think about, and wishing you the best.

Bad advice...

I think for the mandatory minimum there has to be intent to traffic in place, I'm surprised they left your scales as that could have been the evidence needed for that...I'd make those dissapear.

Also, wouldn't hurt to try and get mmar licensed in the meantime...another poster here did so after being busted and the judge dismissed the charges...I think his name was Chongsbuddy, same province as you.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Came home from a golf game this afternoon. Two OPP trucks in my driveway....I kept moving...went to the pub.

Long story short. Wife says they want me for "with intent". ....fucking idiots...not a single bud in the house....just vegging clones n' moms...

I need a canna friendly lawyer, (Toronto or Barrie based) and I'm looking for one...a good one. I'm gonna turn myself in tomorrow around noon...so If any of you can up a referal....

Thanks my CDN kinship :tiphat:

Yeah don't talk on here or to the cops.. Find a good lawyer and try not to trip as it's not as bad as it seems This Matt guy is fighting for your right to grow as our system is as fucked up as it gets. Just try to get any doctor in Canada to help you get your Licence without handing them lots of cash. Nevermind that just try to get their help period.. So yeah bra it's not as bad as you may think if this Matt Mennagh wins this battle in court.. Seriously sucks they came to your door though ,, You would think they would have better things to do then to worry about cannabis... Headband 707

5th

Veteran
Thanks again for the well wishes all.

Yeah when I made this thread it was the night I was evading the cops....I was a little on edge. My lawyer called the cop shop before I turned myself in to make sure everything was on the level. I had been reading government law from 2006 (was all I could find) 75 plants was a maximum of 14 years....fuck that noise...seems we've come a long way since then though.

I would look into defending myself in court.

I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. I've spent my whole live living by the Golden Rule, not by laws. It's like hiring a plumber to run the electricity in your house, sure it can be done...but it's still not a good idea.

I think for the mandatory minimum there has to be intent to traffic in place, I'm surprised they left your scales as that could have been the evidence needed for that...I'd make those dissapear.

Also, wouldn't hurt to try and get mmar licensed in the meantime...another poster here did so after being busted and the judge dismissed the charges...I think his name was Chongsbuddy, same province as you.

I have no idea why they left my scales. I had the wife throw them out before I even got back to the house. Had her kill the AF's I was growing in my backyard garden aswell...which they didn't even look for.

I applied for mmar before. Nothing ever came of it but rejection. I might shell out a few bucks to a Toronto Dr. to get one...I'll talk to my lawyer about that, thanks.

:tiphat:

rootcap

Thanks again for the well wishes all.

Yeah when I made this thread it was the night I was evading the cops....I was a little on edge. My lawyer called the cop shop before I turned myself in to make sure everything was on the level. I had been reading government law from 2006 (was all I could find) 75 plants was a maximum of 14 years....fuck that noise...seems we've come a long way since then though.

I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. I've spent my whole live living by the Golden Rule, not by laws. It's like hiring a plumber to run the electricity in your house, sure it can be done...but it's still not a good idea.

I have no idea why they left my scales. I had the wife throw them out before I even got back to the house. Had her kill the AF's I was growing in my backyard garden aswell...which they didn't even look for.

I applied for mmar before. Nothing ever came of it but rejection. I might shell out a few bucks to a Toronto Dr. to get one...I'll talk to my lawyer about that, thanks.

:tiphat:

14 years top ? damn...
i hope your lawyer got good reputation with cannabis growing and possesion, if not search for a good one. the lawyer is your only way out.
if i were you, i was trying to get medical license for cannabais use and play on your clear record if you have, say you preferd to grow it by yourself instead to deal with the "dealers" on the street... tell them that you used it as a medicen for yourself, try to find somthing like migranes or somthing...
speak about that with your layer he will get the idea...
dude, i really really hope for you that you'll get over it with minimum charges...

damn it's hard to hear stuff like this. this is why this should be legalized. this plants came from nature so why not to allow grow them ???
after all it's the medicen that everybody "looking for" but not finding it... damn greedy basterds.

5th, surely you wont get sent down with anything remotely 14 years... 100 clones.... a couple lights? are they doing you for supply? dont admit to any supply.. remember you are only growing weed for yourself, to self medicate depression/anxiety.... and its too dangerous to buy from drug dealers so your left with no option but to grow your own.. thats what I did and I only got 200 hours community service

hopefully it works out to some comunity service and/or small fine

rootcap

5th, surely you wont get sent down with anything remotely 14 years... 100 clones.... a couple lights? are they doing you for supply? dont admit to any supply.. remember you are only growing weed for yourself, to self medicate depression/anxiety.... and its too dangerous to buy from drug dealers so your left with no option but to grow your own.. thats what I did and I only got 200 hours community service

this is what i was trying to reach...

5th

Veteran

Yeah I'm not looking at any real time. My lawyers case loads are 90% grow ops. Shes also a huge supporter of mmar holders rights...and she doesn't care to much for cops...a definate plus in my books.

reallycoolname

5th, really glad to see the good news today. I'm in US, so wasn't sure of laws, but that CSA thing does seem like a good route for getting it thrown out. I'll check back to see how it goes, but sounds like you've got a good handle on the situation. Best of luck.

Firius

Grinding my teeth from page one to page 3 man. My buddy got caught growing when he was pipelining with us 1400km from vancouver, his brother left the house and someone tried to break in, neighbor called the cops. no one was home, cops came in.. etc. he never even saw a cop till a court date, he did all his stuff over the phone.

I don't like to bring up C-10 but its just a epic failure for Canadian Senators and canadians alike but since you are just growing for personal you should be doing some community service. i am trying to stick to 5 plants, just going to veg for 2 months before flowering. perhaps a huge scrog in 25gallon containers.

Best of luck 5th, let us know how it turns out.

Hey, on a plus side once the prohibition ends, perhaps you can put this on your resume. ;)

5th

Veteran
Hey, on a plus side once the prohibition ends, perhaps you can put this on your resume. ;)

lol...after the detective was done with me and let me go I ran into one of the cops that cut down my plants in the parking lot. (Kids gotta be no older then 25 I swear...kinda reminded me of Corey n' Trevor)

"Wow guy. You had plants stuck on your walls?!?!?!" "I've never even seen that before, I've been telling everyone."

Not knowing what the fuck I was suposed to say I told him to tell his buddy's I'm an indoor garden consultant and if he needs any help to lemme know....I'm not expecting a call back.

Thanks for the well wishes. Lawyers appointment on the 29th of June. I'll post back with whats going on.

Thanks again all.

reallycoolname

lol...after the detective was done with me and let me go I ran into one of the cops that cut down my plants in the parking lot. (Kids gotta be no older then 25 I swear...kinda reminded me of Corey n' Trevor)

"Wow guy. You had plants stuck on your walls?!?!?!" "I've never even seen that before, I've been telling everyone."

Not knowing what the fuck I was suposed to say I told him to tell his buddy's I'm an indoor garden consultant and if he needs any help to lemme know....I'm not expecting a call back.

LMAO, that's hilarious. Loving the response. Glad he didn't jump on it and say "tell me where/who else you've consulted!" But yeah, cops are weird, always trying to be buddy buddy when they're trying to ruin your life! WTF. Hope you're lawyers' appt went well.

Latest posts

Latest posts