What's new

Busted....I need a good canna lawyer

KanadianKronik

sorry to hear this man.. i couldnt even picture what it would have been like that first night, not knowing what was going to happen when you turned yourself in. Them cops really are your buddys by not collecting the scales to use against you. i mean you could argue they were for before you grew when you would by off the streets, but you dont have to worry about that. worst case if they bring them up, act like you dont know what they are talking about. its good to hear they missed the ones in the backyard, might not have added much more to the case but its always better to have less. i hope things work out for you man, sounds like you have a good lawyer

Green_science

Damn 5th sorry to hear about this bro, is this case still pending, let me know what the situation is, I may be able to help, not publicly though! Private.

5th

Veteran
Good to see ya around Green ma' man. Hope things are good on your end. :tiphat:

My lawyer met with the crown for a Crown Resolution Meeting back in October. It kinda blew my lawyers mind that the crown wasn't with-drawing the charges.

So on the 7th of Jan. my lawyer and the crown are meeting again for the Judicial Pre-Trial, as its not the right forum to have the charges dropped we'll be going to trial I imagine and getting shit sorted out there.

Pretty sure thats what my lawyer wants to do anyways...seems my cheques don't bounce lol...she likes that....and trials are expensive..

It's getting to the point where I just want this shit to be over ya know? Offered to take my suriety with me to the Domnican Republic for a couple weeks..but shes gotta work so thats not happening. Don't get to see my kids as much as I used to...lil' things I guess.

But out on bail until a trial date...fuck me...so much for a seed run before the spring...

Green_science

Damn,
1. Did you give statement, when you surrendered.

2. Have you had full disclosure of evidence yet?

3. Have you gone to see a drug counceller yet, (off your'e own back) the judge will appreciate this

4. If you aren't currently employed, have you started looking for a job? (judge again loves this one)

5. Do you have any circumstances that will help you with you with (ommitigation) ie, any mental health problems on record, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder etc etc.

6. A therapist report, for the crown will go a long way, especially if your'e therapist explains to them how, you a are a paranoid person, that does not like being around the likes of criminals, especially when they spike cannabis with fibreglass to add weight).

7. Remember Jail is not a punishment, it is actually rehabilitation, it is your job to make the judge feel that a custodial sentence is not in your'e or the publics best interest, and will only serve to create more problems than it will solve.

8. Get some case files, do not rely on your'e solicitor for this, scour the internet, for people that have been caught with more plants and weight than you, and haven't been passed a custodial, give these to your'e solicitor.

Like I said bro, I would rather not give you all this information in front of the general public contact me PM etc,

9. Keep your chin up and keep positive, if you fail this step, you may as well already be in jail.

GS

mylo123

Hey 5th...curious - non of my business and don't reply if its personal - but it seems that you just had a microcab at the time of your arrest. How did they catch you?

Canada

In would suggest taking down the pictures and stop talking bout this in details and maybe edit all your post at least untill a judge hears your case . Social media hangs people every day ... best of luck been and Be sound .

5th

Veteran
Hey 5th...curious - non of my business and don't reply if its personal - but it seems that you just had a microcab at the time of your arrest. How did they catch you?

Links of some grows are in my sig...far from micro.

In would suggest taking down the pictures and stop talking bout this in details and maybe edit all your post at least untill a judge hears your case . Social media hangs people every day ... best of luck been and Be sound .

Appreciate the suggestion, and concern bro, but its pointless.

The cops took a shit ton of pics...seems they've never seen vertical growing before. They are all in the disclosure which not only the judge but several court officials have access to. Since I haven't grown since then...and haven't taken any pics...I'm fine.

As far as the details...I wish I had more to give actually. This is taking place in the Canadian courts. Like all cases in Canadian Court...this is all public knowledge. What do ya think they'll do? re-arrest me?

Pomodoro

You should try and get you medical license if you have anything kind of medical issue, i know many people who have gotten off on much larger plant numbers by proffering a signed B1/B2 form... Paul Lewin is a good guy but after seeing him in court Im less confident, plus he madea major error in Mernagh, because he made and assumptions rather than going back and reading... he admits the error.

Ron Marzel, has done work for almost everyone I know, personally im less enthused about him, and he did fall asleep while in court for a friend. But he also has helped a bunch of people I know that did well in their cases. Be warned he will try and sell you a MMAR license for around $5k. Hes a poor excuse for a human, but not sure that matters in court???!? Dont bother getting a lawyer for first appearance, waste of money, you can go get your own discovery and set a date.

5th

Veteran
Fuck me...I spent a half hour typing that whole fucking thing out and spell checking it...

I'll be back to edit this after a pot of coffee....hung the fuck over....

5th

Veteran
Thanks guys.

Suposed to be a pretty cut n' dry case as far as what my lawyer/previous cases similar to mine/the law says.

At the crown resolution meeting, the crown offered me a months house arrest and probation if I entered a plea of guilty...this equals what I personally consider to be "fuck all"

The question isn't if I was growing weed or not. It's the fact that my rights to privacy (among other things) where violated to obtain such information.

If I was growing to sell..., affiliated with the "bad guys"..., or any such shit that would have warranted an investigation then that would have been my own stupidity and I would have plead guilty months ago and be doing my jail time right now.

**I'm treating this thread like I would a grow thread. I like it when people learn things from my fuckups.

Little more then a week to go before I find out what the fuck is going on lol, Stay safe all,:tiphat:

MIway

Veteran
If they end up fucking you regardless of anything else you can do...might as well drop trou and take a big old shit in the middle of the room. Keep it flowing if they try to physically stop you...smear it on em. What would ya have to lose? Fuck it at that point.

But seriously wishing you some luck.

N

noyd666

"To annoy and pester" comes to mind....
:biggrin: theyhad a program started up down here lol called respect''''
for cops lol i"ma still fuggen laughing, i"m still trying to work out why enybody would want to be a bloody arsehole cop''' i 'm sure some just like cavity searchers:moon: hope ya beat em fella.:tiphat:

5th

Veteran
"The police should not have ever searched your house initially without a warrant and thus, that is a big problem for them. The crown attorney didn’t think so, but the judge did."

Ha...thats a snippet of an email from my lawyer about how the JPT went the other day. So I'm going to trial, and going to win. Freedom Like a Shopping Cart. :tiphat: