What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Busted by Maintenance Men

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
By and large I find fellow stoners to be some of the coolest cats around - truly I do.

But it hurts me personally to see what is essentially great advice reduced to not just one insult but multiple insults - in this case, three. (Dumb, Dumber, Dumbest)

I'm not going to ask why, cuz I already know why - some people get off on being just plain mean - even at the expense of including it in great advice.

Talk about kicking a man when he's down -
we have enough of that with the anti-weed lobby, we don't need it from a brother.

I came here cuz I thought there was a distinct lack of venom -
I hope I'm wrong, otherwise I'll be looking for another weed forum that appreciates it's members, mistakes and all -
after all, you don't want poking in your eye when your chips are down.

This is a nice place, let's all work hard to keep it that way.
If you want to be unpleasant I can recommend a few other weed places where that kind of behavior is tolerated and even applauded.
Did you bother to go back and read through all my non judgmental posts, where I tried to offer insight and advice?
Or did you just read the last one and jump to your own conclusion?
Exactly what advice at all did you offer him in your post?
Your calling me venom filled and saying I get off on being mean is just so much better then the "dumb, dumber, and dumbest" comments I made?
Fucking hypocrite, maybe you should find another site like you said, somewhere full of rainbows where all the members spend their time blowing sunshine up each others asses.
The truth hurts sometimes.
I was saying his actions and choices where dumb, not him.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
The last post was enough to read - and, no, I'm not going to argue with you -
you've proved your own point by your own bile.
Just as negative as anyone on this site, and trying to pretend your not.
Come in and attack others who have offered advice, and then offer none of your own, that's great, that's what this site needs more of.

Puredope says he's

1. Getting an attorney-not dumb
2. Taking a break from smoking and growing-Again, not dumb, I was just saddened by what I felt was someone broken by a bad experience with LEO.
3. Making sure he's legal with all bases covered before starting again-very smart

I kicked a little jab at him when I felt he kicked one at me is all, and I still tried to stay positive for the most part, and signed off by sincerely wishing all the best for him.

It was the actions I said were dumb, not him, there is a difference you know.

Actually if you go and look up Ohio's laws they are extremely lenient. In Virginia it's a minimum 5 years mandatory up to 30 years for a first offense. Also some states usually the hard ass ones have laws on the books mandating sentences to be doubled if the crime(s) took place under certain circumstances.
You also need to worry about who the judge is. In Montgomery County Maryland back in the '70's, One of the judges daughter died of a drug overdose. You did NOT want to go in front of him for a drug charge esp. for dealing.
Telling the OP to fight the eviction like I said depends on the state. In Virginia they will get an emergency court order and have the sheriff execute it in 5 days under these or other special circumstances. To the OP, while eveyone is telling you this or that and a lot of it is good info, you need to check the laws that pertain to your state YOURSELF. You can buck on them if you want but think about what it will look like if you have to go to court on the cultivation, esp. if you fall within the special guidelines for an increased sentence.
You also need to think about your job, etc. If you are busted, will your boss let you keep your job? and if your convicted and say put on probation, will they let you keep it? Same with school. Your looking at felonies probably, kiss any grants you may have been able to get to help off set the expenses good-bye.
I hope it works out for you but in reality expect the worst and hope for the best.
One last piece of advice. I did 10 years day for day in Maryland back in the '80's and I'll tell you one thing. Your life will be regulated, when you can eat, shower, go outside, etc. Even though they will have control of you physically, they do not have control of your mind. That is your best weapon to dealing with being inside.

No mandatory minimum in Virginia for cultivation.....20 years MMS for selling over 100 KG's and 3 years MMS for transporting 5+ pounds with intent to distribute... VA laws are horrible, but there are worse states out there...not many but a few.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4570

empty.gif
empty.gif
empty.gif

SunTzu

Hey everybody unless you can give solid advice to PUREDOPE then this aint the place for side stuff. This guys life is on the line and he's looking for help and info....Get it together and act like a community!:thank you:

Good luck puredope, if its your first hit..it shouldnt be too bad either way... I and a lot of others sympathize for you. If I can answer or help you are welcome to send me a PM. This just cuts out on others nonsense responses...

hazeheaven

a mans home is his castle,an inviolable asylum. THAT IS THE LAW .you cannot sign this away anywhere,they broke into your house illegally,you cannot do wrong to do right,. and if they took your stuff when you were not there,go get it fuckin back,you have 30 days to go whereever your stuff is,you can go anywhere its being kept to get it back BY LAW ,you are even allowed BY LAW to break in and get it back,go check your legal maxims.THE LAW DOES NOT CHANGE.

I want to share a story that I witnessed yesterday. It was brought to my attention when I heard two men talking loudly. All I could make out was someone saying something about "power over here, and not there." When I got up to looked out my window, I saw a maintenance man at the door of an apartment unit which is about 25-30 feet across from me.

He banged on the door and shouted loudly, "Maintenance!". When no one responded, he took a ring of keys in his hand and attempted to go into the house himself by unlocking the door, but he had the wrong key.

He banged on the door again and shouted loudly, "Maintenance!". Again, when no one responded, he tried to open the door again with another key and could not get in.

I wasn't too sure what was going on, so I stepped away from the window for a moment to get dressed just in case he was knocking door to door. When I looked out the window, he was gone. I stepped away again, to tidy up my living room a bit. When I looked out the window again, the door the maintenance guy was trying to gain access to, was now wide open. It was then that I realized that the maintenance guy was at the back door of that particular apartment and gained entrance to the apartment in question through the front door.

If you live in a rented apartment, condo or house where someone else other than yourself can gain access to and walk inside of your house without you knowing, please be careful and stay safe.

P

Pure.Dope

Kalico - It's all good, I get it......sometimes you have to be told straight to get the point. I didn't take it as an insult.

It was dumb, at the least not to change the locks, at the most that I had maintenance coming. Overall I think growing in any sort of rental is not a good idea. I guarantee at least half of icmaggers do it. It boils down to the fact that not everybody is going to wait years for the opportunity to mortgage until they can grow, including myself.

In the future, the only solution for me is going to be a friendly state. If I happen to end up in one, cool, but I'm not going to seek one out. Wherever my job or life takes me is where I'm going to end up. :)

P

Pure.Dope

On a good note, I still have some gear, including:

Hydro unit w/ reservoir, extra res, mag pump, huge expensive pump, the frame to my GrowLab, nutrients, ph pen, ec pen, RO unit, and......drum roll.......my seeds! INCLUDING my Chemdog x Sour D

I'm sure I could get a nice chunk on Seedbay for those CxSD's. :p

Do you have someplace you can stash your gear til you know you can grow again?
It gets expensive replacing all the gear you once had, and it hurts too.

I checked my tenancy contract, and while I appreciate it's not your contract, my landlord can come and go pretty much how he likes, locks changed or not, I get billed whichever way.

I hope you get a good result. Try and secure some legal advice from somewhere. ;-)

D

Disguised

You mentioned a tent. So you just had a tent set up in your bedroom? And the maintenance guys were supposed to be there fixing the AC? But instead they were in your room investigating your tent?

Un-fucking believable.

Had a situation about 2 weeks ago where my AC was leaking water into the apartment below me. Maintenance came in while I was at work without so much as a phone call to me. Stealth (and locked) cabinet in the bedroom went un-detected. Still freaked me out though.

Good luck.

P

Pure.Dope

Disguised, close call! Glad they didn't find it.

Yes I had a tent, light was off, all that good shit. Yes, they went snooping in my tent for no reason. Oh well, again, it's my word against theirs, can't do anything now but get a lawyer.

Yes I have my hydro gear, no I'm not growing anymore. I am however going to be using it to grow veggies and other plants. I figure it can still be fun :)

J

JackTheGrower

I put in a work order for AC maintenance. I went to the office in person, scheduled it for Friday, and told them explicitly they do NOT have permission to enter.

They came today, found my grow in my apartment, and called the cops.

I got off work to find my place in shambles. They took everything. I found a search warrant and an itemized list of evidence they took.

I went into the office to talk, they say I have 24 hours to vacate. I asked why they entered even without my permission. She showed me the work order and it stated they had permission to enter.

I told her that was illegal entering of my house, and she said the contract specifies they can enter my apt at any time for specific reasons, and maintenance was one of them.

What do I do? I'm going to try to find a lawyer, but have very little money. Did they enter illegally?

Do I have a warrant? Do I turn myself in? Not sure where to take it from here.

Mrs Blunted said it all.. Now that you face charges. I take it your are not a medical.

Well the lawyer is a must and also since you are posting this may qualify as waving your Miranda rights.

While we must stand up we must also know when to protect ourselves.

Please please get the Mods to delete your thread completely. Mods you should be alert to folks posting evidence of conspiracy after the fact.

Otherwise I'm guessing this is a Hoax.

So YES get up stand up and let's change the law but if we have to take a hit lets defend well.

P

Pure.Dope

thx jack, good to know.

MODS CAN YOU PLEASE DELETE MY THREADS INCLUDING WHAT WAS QUOTED???

Thanks in advance.

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
I know this wont help.But I do know if it was me and once I had pretty much figured out I was gonna do time for it,I would go find the maintenance man and beat the shit out of him,them,or whomever the fuck it was that was in your house looking through your tent.Once I was gonna be locked up doing time anyways whats an extra 30 days for getting that asshole.Its worth it in story factor alone.

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
His job was fixing things.Not looking through the guys things.

But YES...If it was me I would not care if it was his job as a paid RAT or not.I would still stomp the shit out of him.Thats one job he better not take.

His job was fixing things.Not looking through the guys things.

But YES...If it was me I would not care if it was his job as a paid RAT or not.I would still stomp the shit out of him.Thats one job he better not take.

I cannot co-sign on beating this guy up, but I understand Phedrobenny's anger. This guy was doing something that he shouldn't have been doing. But as far as we know, the office management staff could be instructing the maintenance staff to do this. Telling them that if you see anything "out of place" to investigate it and report it.

And then on top of that, every so often you hear these stories about hidden cameras in apartments. That's really scary and infuriating.

igrowone

Veteran
And then on top of that, every so often you hear these stories about hidden cameras in apartments. That's really scary and infuriating.

well, all i can say is i'm glad i don't rent anymore
hidden cameras never occurred to me, but so damn easy to do these days
i doubt they could ever use for evidence, doubt they'd even mention that it exists, find some other pretense to report you with