What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Busted again...

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
In the mid 90s when I was living in Florida I got pulled over for driving while dreadlocked, dreads halfway down my back. I was driving barefoot and dropping a friend off at work near Jupiter FL. Cop pulled me over and tore the car apart looking for stuff. After an hour search he got frustrated and took me to jail because I left my wallet at home so no ID on me. And he could let the dog sniff it I guess.

Spent three days sleeping on a floorboat in an overcrowded Palm County jail waiting for them to match my fingerprints to my northeast drivers license!

Ended up walkin about 15 miles home in my bare feet in the hot Florida sun, on a freaking black road with no sidewalks.

Really Florida police are some of the most crazy out there. Be safe.

E

ej2012usa

If you're vehicle has anything out of place,,thats reason to pull you over,,i have limo tint on my windows,,i know is illegal,in some cities,,,anything,,from just hanging your arm out of the window,,is considerd improper hand signals,,any sign of disrespect towards the law,,makes you a target,,even if you are legal..so check your vehicle for anything..that would raise an eyebrow,,,

Last edited:
Keeping roaches and a dirty grinder around is not real smart.
If you want to live outside the law then, be more careful.
They are the pigs and you need to expect them to be the way they are. You need to be more clever or move......
You can get a new drivers license in Calif maybe?
-SamS

I remember having to live like that in other states. Cali has it's issues, but the worst a pig has done to me here for "possession" is roll his eyes and ask what my illness is that I need MMJ (and you get to tell him that information is protected HIPPA). CHP pulled me over for something unrelated, asked if I had marijuana in the vehicle (I had a few ounces of different strains we had been smoking on), I said yes and asked if he wanted to see my paperwork, he informed me that they had been told by judges to not clog the system up with marijuana and was just asking because, "it smelled good and in a few years I'll get to retire and partake myself."

I wouldn't live in a non MMJ friendly state again.

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
How do they expect you to get from point A to point B? Public transportation? Too humid to walk around Florida and rains a lot. Cold blooded jack ...taking a mans license like that.

Wow surprised at all the people on this forum throwing blame my way...you think I knew the damn roaches were in the car assholes? I didn't even realize that grinder was in the car it was shoved under everything in my glove box, and I had a bag of weed on me since I just left the weedman, but I ate that during the ensuing pullover...and I have many priors all for weed the state is not going to offer me less, not to mention it's a little to wait-out state's offers since I've already been to pretrial.

In the mid 90s when I was living in Florida I got pulled over for driving while dreadlocked, dreads halfway down my back.

Basically what I got pulled over for, I am a white person with dreads halfway down my back...the cop immediately profiled me and called the drug dog upon seeing me.

El Gato

Your the one that keeps getting pinched...straighten your shit out man, it's really not that hard to avoid putting yourself at risk. You should know what's in your car.

If you want to live outside the law then, be more careful.

I don't want to live outside the law, just don't have the money to move yet...that kinda happens with a new baby. I haven't caught a charge in years, been playing it safe, and if I knew that stuff was in the car I would've removed it before I left my house.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
LEO down there sounds really primitive to me. I'm lucky enough to live in a legal state and I wish everyone was so lucky. Please report back to us about the food and conditions in the "Big House".

Your the one that keeps getting pinched...straighten your shit out man, it's really not that hard to avoid putting yourself at risk.

Oh so if it's that easy to smoke weed & not get busted in a state that actively hunts weedheads then why does every single smoker around here have a list of priors as long as their arm? This is not an easy place to keep your nose clean and if you actually lived in Central Florida you would know that...I've seen this country, all over it, and trust me, it's A LOT different anywhere other than here.

What do you think the chances of me getting a Kosher meal plan in their? lol. I don't touch swine, being a Rasta, that is strictly forbidden.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Sorry to hear of your predicament. It kind a sucks, the disparities of the legal status across the country, some of it being mentioned in this thread. From getting busted for roaches and a grinder and being sentenced to 30 day plus fines in Florida to basically getting warnings for ounces because of case overloads in California. Then you have legal possession limits for anybody in a few states to having your driver’s license suspended in Arizona for testing positive for metabolites let alone drug testing for employment pretty much everywhere. Sad, Sad, Sad.

El Gato

Oh so if it's that easy to smoke weed & not get busted in a state that actively hunts weedheads then why does every single smoker around here have a list of priors as long as their arm? This is not an easy place to keep your nose clean and if you actually lived in Central Florida you would know that...I've seen this country, all over it, and trust me, it's A LOT different anywhere other than here.

I smoked everyday of the 10 years I lived in Boca Raton Florida and NEVER got pinched. :tiphat:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
It's not the dread upon your head, but the love in your heart that makes you Rasta.

You can be Rasta and look like a square, many do.

Much love to you, and prayers for your daughter. Also, it is forgiven
to eat non Kosher in dire times.

Spend your time making solid plans, not simmering in your faults or failures.

And fuck Florida, ya dig?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Played catch a few times tossin a bag back n forth with chp as they were busy lockin my boy up for dwi... forced me to take the weed with me..

Jhhnn

Veteran
If you're building a rap sheet, either you're not doing it well or you're unlucky.

Either way, I'd suggest getting out of Florida after clearing your legal hurdles if you want to keep living the life, at least into another state where that can't be used against you.

At some point or another, the authorities figure that "the boy just don't learn" & they turn really ugly, especially someplace like Florida.

In the meanwhile, def hook up with the public defender or a lawyer if you can afford it.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest posts