What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

burned my seedlings

GanjaGrin

Sorry if I have missed it but have you checked your Ph runoff to see what it is at? Also using perlite and vermiculite only could make things lil more complicated than some other options as far as Ph goes.
An easy growing medium I have used a lot is coco and just some regular pro-mix or (pro-mix with mycorrhizae would be better but costs a lil more) and mix them 50/50. Then I get a big bag of perlite and add that after I mix the soil and coco. Anywhere up to 1/4 mix of pro-mix is ok. If you want to go a step further get some earthworm castings and add that to the mix but that's up to you and if you have the extra funds to do so. Its a great benefit though! This will make a well draining medium that the plant roots will love and it will be able to hold sufficient water as well. It will also support bennificial bacteria and mycorrhizae better.
But to be super basic, all you have to do is mix the coco and promix 50/50 and you could use just that. Also, if you get coco, get the cheaper brick of coco not the more expensive premixed bags of coco. All you do is put the coco in about a 20 gal tub and add about 8 to 10 gallons of water to it and it will swell up to fill the entire tub quite quickly. You don't even have to break it up. Just some food for thought!

DOWNLOW

I just found out what lazyness with a grow can get you. I transplanted all my plants into 3 gallan pots still hempy and 3 to 1 perlite to vermiculte. The PH of the medium was 6.7 for one 6.2 for the other two. Being I read a thread in this forum called 4th grow with promix and how his PH was out of wack, Chimira told. Him to flush 5x the volume of the pot being these I have were 3 gallons I know I need at least 15 gallons to flush with. I have a 1.5 gallon water can I definitely need a bigger one.

So I started flushing with a PH of 5.8 the first 9 gallons brought me to 6.5 run off. At 10.5 gallons I started adding 1 tsp of pbp bloom AND lowered the PH to 4.3, run off 6.3. Then started flushing at 3.5, 3.6 I learned once under r 4.0 pbp only drops your ph to 3.5, 3.6. It took 21 gallons to get this plant to have a run off of 5.8. Shit that was a lot of work with 1.5 gallon watering can. Started to flush another and my ph pen went on the fritz I need a water proof one.

GanjaGrin

Yeah a good ph meter is essential. I have one made by "blue lab" that is waterproof but "hanna" makes good ones as well. At least you have found the issue!

DOWNLOW

Yes a good waterproof meter is definetely on the wish list. Now the issue of the PH is fixed the smell is coming back. I don't know but it seems the deficiency is maturing the plant faster or something because the pistols are darkening and the glands look milky and some just seem to be going amber. I might harvest just the top of that plant. Hey I popped some more seeds 2 green house bibba kush and 2 green house the church. Being at least three weeks left with this grow why not.

DOWNLOW

Just for my favorite lurkers an update I'm here at day 56 of flowering about 10 more days or so to go. I started a bit of pre manicuring just really trying to remove all the brown shit ya know and checking trichimes to if I got early finishers but the description for these HSO Amherst Sour Diesel is 65 - 70 days.

Found this in some leaves of on plant is it pm

DOWNLOW

Yea I thought it was PM so I clipped that branch which was a small lower. I was practicing checking the trichs which are all cloudy and a mite crawled right into the view of the microscope and scared the shit out of me.

Gonna get some cold press neem tomorrow. I only have 13 days left or so till the chop, how do I apply the neem oil if you don't mind me asking thanks in advance.

DOWNLOW

Yea yea yea 10 days to the chop and its been an experience worth the while so far. I decided not to give the neem for the lil mite infestation I have don't want it in the buds with so lil time left. I'm just going to nuke the tent and surrounding area after this grow.

I started the seeds for the next round. I started with two bubba kush and two the church both green house seeds. I lost two seeds which strain or strains I don't know I got high and didn't label them and you know the rest. I thinks one of each, but one of them I'm losing and don't know why I hope its the Bubba Kush bc I have three more of those seeds.

GanjaGrin

Two weeks might be long enough to wash it out by sprying water but its cutting it close. I wouldn't use neem at this point though. Get some insecticidal soap at your local hardware or garden store. Maybe some insecticidal soap for organic gardening that says you can use it up to the day of harvest.

DOWNLOW

Well I decided not to use anything and wait it out. Took some pics day 65 right now there day 68 flower. I've seen alot of milky trichs so I'm trying to time it so they've been in the dark for 24 hours last water 2 days ago. Don't know if I should water again. Last shots day 65.

3 plants. From seed HSO Amherst Sour Diesel

Genetics : Chemdawg x Amherst Super Skunk
Flowering Time : 65-70 Days
Sex : Feminized
Type : 60% Indica / 40% Sativa
Area : Indoor and Outdoor

Plant 1 was actually my favorite grower about 42" tall had lock out iusses or heat strong and resilient like all them. Good smell from wk 3 to wk 5 had a sweet rotten lemond musky funk then heat or lock issues no smell until recently a light lemond smell heavy buds fell over everywhere I gotta get my stake game up or cages

Plant 2 the same description as plant one except it held on better heavy colas huge compared to my last grows. I cut one lower branch from all the plants dried them had em in jar a for 2 days this one I smoked today no real smell a hint of. Idk grass. Taste sucked I'm like like damn I fucked up. high didnt hit me right on but crept up on me a head high but when got there I was like damn good high made laugh and talk and giggle sheeeit this the first weed I ever grww and got me high, a good ass high still high writing this shit. I might be on to something WERD LOL.

DOWNLOW

Plant 3 Now I have nothing to complain about this plant beautiful smell all the way thru flower as a grower named Mystic Funk said lemond bergamont lemond kool aid to me no issues thought maybe nitrigen because it kept. Loosing leaves but I like this plant so much I want reveg her .

Annd thats it until i chop and the other shit that go with it dry harvest and cure I gotta go beg some jars up or hunt them down on recycle day. That high was si good I'm gone smoke some more damn talked about peace, live and good vibes to all the ppl who chimed in with help and those who pm'd me in good faith and to all the lurkers here's a big NYC PEEEEEEEEACE LOL. :woohoo::thank you::thank you:

DOWNLOW

Is this mold ?

Is this mold ?

Fuck yo I pretty much think this is mold so I've only found it in one cola top. First time seeing this shit first hand damn that sucks. What should I do, what can I do with it make butter or just chuck it in the garbage. Totally pissed right now I caught it while doing a pre manicure I planned to chop tomorrow.

This the one bud I found it in so far gonna go thru all of them now might even just do the harvest now.

DOWNLOW

Ok. I'm going to leave this thread with this last bit of information to get buried in the forum. I found one more bud same size as the 3 buds pictured below so 3/4 to an oz had rot what a bummer. I didn't know how to check the buds for rot before this never had buds this big before, now thats all I want, huge colas. I also realized the reason the smell left those buds the rot. While the rest of the plant I now know what that smell is three days in the dark brought it out. Straight fuel I mean diesel like a muthafuker 2 plants smelled that way and the 3rd straight sour smell lol.

So it was time to bring em down left some greenery on them to give reveg a shot being I suck at cloning and I loved the way this strain accepted me abusing it and still gave me it's best. Love it.

From the back of the tent to the front kool can't wait for the next round. Till then see y'all around the forums.

PEACE

GanjaGrin

Yea keeping the humidity low will prevent the bud rot. Getting a dehumidifier helps a lot. Set it around %50 to %60 humidity. That usually works well. I've had the same issue before.

Dakine

Veteran
Dang man that mold or fuzzy stuff looks crazy!! Was it in any other colas when u chopped?

DOWNLOW

No didn't find it anywhere except that one cola. Also I didn't have a fan going only a fan blowing on the bulb.

Dakine

Veteran
I would've just chopped/removed as much of it as possible and used the rest of it to make butter/oil. Possibly even run it through some butane if you could get rid of most of that stuff..

Do you know how humid and what the temps where doing that last week before u chopped that cola early?

Still yet though bro, you got some pretty g stuff. Any dry shots of the stuff u just harvestedc

DOWNLOW

What's up Dakine well 48 to 52, 54% was the lowest I seemed able to achieve but at times if the shower is in use and my bedroom door was open at the same time. Humidity would go 80 and up prior to me getting a 5000 btu window AC. Yes butter is what I hope to do with it, also it turns out I have more mold found while jarring up yesterday. I'll post some shots of some dry in a lil bit. The buds seem kind of airy to me and I might have pulled them a bit early all head high no body the high seems confusing to me with out the body.

Latest posts

Latest posts