What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

burned my seedlings

DOWNLOW

I messed around and left my hid to close to my seedlings and found this.[urlalbumid=66355&pictureid=1578202&thumb=1[/img][/url]

Do you think they will recover ?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Highly unlikely. Try again. HID should be about 18-24" from seedlings. You fried them!

DOWNLOW

Fuck ! Double fuck ! I hope the biggest makes it I have a white walker kush that just germed. After that just green house seeds that im hearing all bad things about. Damn that sucks. Fuck that im giving cpr damn.

Ratzilla

Veteran
The pictures are somewhat blurry.
But the 2nd and 3rd pictures make me think that
#2 still has a membrane stuck to it keeping it from opening and
#3 looks like it never opened at all.
Chalk it up to experience and wise peeps hold back on their really good seed and use bag seed to get that experience. So if it your first rodeo ?
Ratz :tiphat:

DOWNLOW

Yea Ratzilla it was 3 sour diesel from hso a free black berry og from v emerald triangle I had high hopes for the sour. I think my black berry og is pulling thru though. I also germed a free white walker kush that cracked im throwing in a hempy cup right now, and straight under the floros in the bathroom. I have to set up the veg part of my tent damn.

C

cooterbrown420

they look fine to me last 2 look like they have membrane on them still as mentioned above but other than that they look ok.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
You're supposed to set up your veg tent before you start popping seeds.

DOWNLOW

yes sucks to be me my ambitions are definitely bigger than the plan. Though I got a 2 n1 tent its 4 x 3. 3x3 is the flower chamber the rest will be for mothers and propagation, but I might just make the whole tent a flower chamber being I have a 600 watter l and the hot weather coming and all.

DOWNLOW

Ok guys so it seems the little 🚺 survived the sun burn🔥. I dont know if I should give them a light dose pbp grow as thats all I have at the moment oh and the bloom. The first set of true leaves sems to appear a very light green. Did they use their stored food to survive the abuse or what ?

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I would hold off for a week, maybe more on the PBP. I use it too and usually start feeding close to 2 weeks out the soil on a seed plant. And that's a nice healthy plant with zero problems.

HID, MH, and HPS lighting is too hot for seedlings. Most don't use HID until flower because of the cost of power and heat.

A single T5 florescent bulb works great with seeds. Eventually you can use a bank of 4 T5 or 8 T5 to Veg when they're bigger.

Ratzilla

Veteran
When the cotyledons (first rounded set of leaves) begin to fade is when the seedling is saying you should feed me now.
I'll give them a mild WC and molasses tea known as a sprout tea at that time.

DOWNLOW

Well I had to feed and I'm glad I did. Like I thought they exhausted their energy to stay alive and they needed it. I went half strength pbp grow suggests 15ml a gallon. From thier response to the feeding they could have taking it at full strength.

Also got some mutants due the assault on Hiroshima lol

Ratzilla

Veteran
In my opinion
Your on your way to loving those babies to death!
I don't know what medium you have them in but know that the babies have all they need to grow in the embryo for the first week or so..
Most knowledgeable peeps will wait until the rounded seed leaves begin to fade before feeding anything.
As you get more experience you will find that the plants do better without the all loving grower screwing with them.
I have seen many peeps kill their babies by over caring for them.
Crap I've killed a few myself.
heh heh heh

DOWNLOW

Hey Ratzilla thanks for stopping by.

I wasn't going to do that but the tragic event that happened stunted them badly and there first set of true leaves were fading fast so I gave the light feed. In doing so they picked up there pace.

Look at the faded tips which are starting green back up. My BlackBerry OG :

Ratzilla

Veteran
It is not the first set of true leaves that I am talking about when I say the cotyledons.
The cotyledons are the first set of leaves the ones that open when the seed pops.
The rounded seed leaves are called the cotyledons.
If you will notice your cotyledons are still green.
It is your first set of fan leaves that you are seeing fading.
Can you get that?